Item Discovery & Rare Drops

Domino_Destructo

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Having played the original game. I must say farming in this remake is a cakewalk compared. With pure white world tendency and only 15 luck and the providential ring I got two Pure Bladestone in 7minutes. 

I must have spent 7 or 8 hours farming for just 1 in the original. 

1 hour ago, Nuoragh said:

I must say farming in this remake is a cakewalk compared. With pure white world tendency and only 15 luck and the providential ring I got two Pure Bladestone in 7minutes.

It is easier, but PB's usually don't drop like that. You just got blessed by the RNG, it happens sometimes.

On 5/23/2022 at 11:06 PM, Domino_Destructo said:

It is easier, but PB's usually don't drop like that. You just got blessed by the RNG, it happens sometimes.

I kept farming, mostly because I actually had less chunks than I needed to upgrade my Uchigatana. In half an hour (killing myself jumping of the cliff after every kill to speed up the farm process, and just grabbing my souls when I got back), I got 5 pure  Bladestone from the black skeleton down by the first reaper (behind the illusionary wall).

I wasn't getting enough chunks so I switched to the black skeleton before the Adjudicator (just backtracking from 4-2, and jumping back down to the stone after the kill). This one gave me 3 chunks and surprisingly another pure the next 30min. Again this was all done with 15 luck and the providential ring (and pure white world tendency). 

Edited by Nuoragh

10 hours ago, Nuoragh said:

I kept farming, mostly because I actually had less chunks than I needed to upgrade my Uchigatana. In half an hour (killing myself jumping of the cliff after every kill to speed up the farm process, and just grabbing my souls when I got back), I got 5 pure  Bladestone from the black skeleton down by the first reaper (behind the illusionary wall).

I wasn't getting enough chunks so I switched to the black skeleton before the Adjudicator (just backtracking from 4-2, and jumping back down to the stone after the kill). This one gave me 3 chunks and surprisingly another pure the next 30min. Again this was all done with 15 luck and the providential ring (and pure white world tendency). 

On PWWT I would get mostly soul remains and bladestone shards, with or without the ring, it didn't change anything. When I tried it at PBWT from the Adjudicator archstone, I got one pure bladestone and some chunks after half hour of farming with only 7 Luck and no providential ring.

Edited by Domino_Destructo
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Domino_Destructo said:

On PWWT I would get mostly soul remains and bladestone shards, with or without the ring, it didn't change anything. When I tried it at PBWT from the Adjudicator archstone, I got one pure bladestone and some chunks after half hour of farming with only 7 Luck and no providential ring.

Im prettysure the one above the Adjudicator drops less pure. On the other hand the one behind the illusionary wall by the first reaper is tougher, but drops it more frequently. In the original i think the one behind the illusionary wall was the only one that could drop pure. Though like I said, in this remake i have gotten pure from both. I haven't tried farming the first black skeleton by the uchigatana yet.

4 hours ago, Nuoragh said:

Im prettysure the one above the Adjudicator drops less pure. On the other hand the one behind the illusionary wall by the first reaper is tougher, but drops it more frequently. In the original i think the one behind the illusionary wall was the only one that could drop pure. Though like I said, in this remake i have gotten pure from both. I haven't tried farming the first black skeleton by the uchigatana yet.

I got one randomly from the skelly next to the adjudicator shield during my first playthrough. I tried farming the one behind the illusory wall, but no luck. In the remake I think all of the black skeletons have the potential to drop pure bladestones with equal probability. I'm sure world tendency impacts drop rates, but it's still RNG based. You can increase your chances, but it doesn't guarantee anything. You can get 3 PB's in a row in 10 minutes and have none for an hour or longer.

Edited by Domino_Destructo

12 hours ago, Domino_Destructo said:

In the remake I think all of the black skeletons have the potential to drop pure bladestones with equal probability. 

I don't know about this, I still have never heard of anyone getting pure bladestone from the two first black skeletons outside in 4-1. I might try to farm a little more later today if I got nothing better to do. 

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 5/25/2022 at 10:15 PM, Nuoragh said:

I haven't got any chunks so far but got about 5 pure it's annoying since I want me some chunks.