Armory Keys and Access Cards

I tried to see if there was a topic on this already first and didn't find one. But I can sometimes be oblivious and my apologies if this is a duplicate thread. :)

So! I'm well beyond frustrated with this game. I've had the game in timeout for almost two years because of this issue and Google is failing me when searching for advice. I've been working on leveling and going through the battles ever since beating the campaign, and have yet to get any Armory Keys or Access Cards at all. At this point, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Currently, I am level 53 and manually grinding for the The Hero We Deserve trophy for getting to level 100. That part is going well, if I didn't have my computer to watch tv on, I'd probably be bored. I can't figure out why these cards aren't dropping though. One guide I looked at said at level 51 I'd start getting them, another said level 68, but then a bunch others said I should've been getting them this whole time and once I'm at level 68 I should have enough to get the Hoarder trophy for unlocking everything in the archives.

I've only played a couple of matches online, I've beaten the campaign fully, I've been working on battles and STAR labs missions, and playing in couch co-op. I've gotten nothing, not even one of each or just one of one.

The only thing I can think of is finish out the trophy list that I can finish on this playthrough and see where I'm sitting at, then if I still don't have any, do the backup/delete game/delete save file/reinstall method I've seen recommended for other game issues before, then just play through the campaign again and then grind to 68 to see where I'm at.

Before I go through all that though, I wanted to see if there was anything else I should try first or see maybe if I did something wrong way back in the day when I first played the game and, if I did, is there a fix for it?

Or is the game just so old it's broken now and impossible to platinum? That's my only other theory since I've had this problem ever since getting the PS4 version, but didn't way, way back in the day when I first played it on the 360.

Edited by Tianna_Mortis
Phrasing.
  • Like 1

Both items are definitely attributed to levelling up. I'm a bit baffled as to why you don't have any keys or cards though since you are level 53 and  you should have been unlocking them every other level up and should be close to unlocking all of the the archives content.

Perhaps you spent your keys and cards in the past as you mentioned you have had this game in timeout for a couple of years. If you are coming back to it now did you rank up a bit more to see if you are obtaining new keys/cards? Have you already got some of the archives already unlocked?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tianna_Mortis said:

I tried to see if there was a topic on this already first and didn't find one. But I can sometimes be oblivious and my apologies if this is a duplicate thread. :)

So! I'm well beyond frustrated with this game. I've had the game in timeout for almost two years because of this issue and Google is failing me when searching for advice. I've been working on leveling and going through the battles ever since beating the campaign, and have yet to get any Armory Keys or Access Cards at all. At this point, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Currently, I am level 53 and manually grinding for the The Hero We Deserve trophy for getting to level 100. That part is going well, if I didn't have my computer to watch tv on, I'd probably be bored. I can't figure out why these cards aren't dropping though. One guide I looked at said at level 51 I'd start getting them, another said level 68, but then a bunch others said I should've been getting them this whole time and once I'm at level 68 I should have enough to get the Hoarder trophy for unlocking everything in the archives.

I've only played a couple of matches online, I've beaten the campaign fully, I've been working on battles and STAR labs missions, and playing in couch co-op. I've gotten nothing, not even one of each or just one of one.

The only thing I can think of is finish out the trophy list that I can finish on this playthrough and see where I'm sitting at, then if I still don't have any, do the backup/delete game/delete save file/reinstall method I've seen recommended for other game issues before, then just play through the campaign again and then grind to 68 to see where I'm at.

Before I go through all that though, I wanted to see if there was anything else I should try first or see maybe if I did something wrong way back in the day when I first played the game and, if I did, is there a fix for it?

Or is the game just so old it's broken now and impossible to platinum? That's my only other theory since I've had this problem ever since getting the PS4 version, but didn't way, way back in the day when I first played it on the 360.

didnt have any issues getting those you should have enough for reaching level 68...instead of playing through the campaign again you can literally just setup a local multiplayer match without timer then just use a turbo controller with XP multiplier on to reach level 100 while you go do something else for a day or so.

38 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Both items are definitely attributed to levelling up. I'm a bit baffled as to why you don't have any keys or cards though since you are level 53 and  you should have been unlocking them every other level up and should be close to unlocking all of the the archives content.

Perhaps you spent your keys and cards in the past as you mentioned you have had this game in timeout for a couple of years. If you are coming back to it now did you rank up a bit more to see if you are obtaining new keys/cards? Have you already got some of the archives already unlocked?

Sadly, no, no accidental spending. This is actually why I put the game in time out back then, I spent days grinding out levels trying to get the keys/cards (the long way that time since I didn’t know about the shortcut with The Flash and hitting R1. I figured back then it was a glitch that was going to be patched.

I’ve put on about 11-12 levels tonight using that method while catching up on my tv shows ( no turbo controller, didn’t have the spoons to do the full layout like in the thread), and still haven’t gotten any. It’s really confusing at this point. ??‍♀️

Edited by Tianna_Mortis
My typing sucks tonight.

That's a real pain, it's definitely glitched on you. you should get those keys and cards for leveling up. assuming you are going for the platinum now, you'll probably would have to delete your game save later on and do everything again from zero to get Hoarder, just like the trophy guide says.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tianna_Mortis said:

Sadly, no, no accidental spending. This is actually why I put the game in time out back then, I spent days grinding out levels trying to get the keys/cards (the long way that time since I didn’t know about the shortcut with The Flash and hitting R1. I figured back then it was a glitch that was going to be patched.

I’ve put on about 11-12 levels tonight using that method while catching up on my tv shows ( no turbo controller, didn’t have the spoons to do the full layout like in the thread), and still haven’t gotten any. It’s really confusing at this point. ?1f3fb.png‍♀️

I think you may need to delete your save and start again. You could save the archives trophy to dead last so you can continue levelling to 100 as you are closer to 100 now. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

I think you may need to delete your save and start again. You could save the archives trophy to dead last so you can continue levelling to 100 as you are closer to 100 now. 

Yeah, I think that's what I'm going to try next. Get everything but those first, then delete the save to try it. If it happens again though, I'm just not going to not worry about those for now and try again in a few months (or years, lol).

Thanks everyone!

Edited by Tianna_Mortis
Typing still sucks.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tianna_Mortis said:

Yeah, I think that's what I'm going to try next. Get everything but those first, then delete the save to try it. If it happens again though, I'm just not going to not worry about those for now and try again in a few months (or years, lol).

Thanks everyone!

Just note that leveling from 90 to 100 takes as long as leveling from 1 to 90, and without the cards (and turbo / script) it will take forever. 

I would strongly suggest to delete your save now if the only thing you'd lose are rankings... 

• 2 weeks later...