Crysis 2+3 Remastered Coming October 15th 2021

westersburg

8 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

Hopefully they release Crysis 2 and 3 together and have no multiplayer trophies, be nice to actually get plats for those games.

Same here. I have only played the first one on PS3. I have the PS4 version and I'd like to play all 3 with no MP trophies to worry about.

• Like 2

Did they even fix the remaster of the first game? I was going to get it before people complained that it doesn't run very well on PS4, and was hoping it'd be patched up eventually...but haven't heard anything since it's release. I have the trilogy on PS3, but it's one of those things I never got around to and would just prefer to get decently run Remasters instead. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Viper said:

Did they even fix the remaster of the first game? I was going to get it before people complained that it doesn't run very well on PS4, and was hoping it'd be patched up eventually...but haven't heard anything since it's release. I have the trilogy on PS3, but it's one of those things I never got around to and would just prefer to get decently run Remasters instead. 

No they didn't, it had awful performance when I played on PS5 weeks ago. I can only hope these are dealt with some care, Crytek isn't exactly thriving right now and they could do with some good word of mouth for the Crysis series. 

9 hours ago, Boooda said:

No they didn't, it had awful performance when I played on PS5 weeks ago. I can only hope these are dealt with some care, Crytek isn't exactly thriving right now and they could do with some good word of mouth for the Crysis series. 

it was completely stupid of them to cap the framerate in performance mode. PS5 version was running perfeclty on 60 fps when the ps5 came out. PS4 Pro version didnt maintain 60 fps. More like 30-60. They said, that they will release a seperate next gen patch which uncaps the framerate again but that didnt happen yet. 

I still have hope for a decent crysis 2 and 3 remaster since the originals already ran smoother on pcs then the first one did. It will be probably much easier to achieve a good performance there. Maybe they release seperate versions for ps4 and ps5. I'm hoping for the first crytek game with standard 60 fps here :D

• Like 1

Have a lot of nostalgia for Crysis 2 (and enjoyed its multiplayer), but I would still like for them to remaster Crysis: Warhead, the expansion to Crysis, so I can not only get a new experience but also a unique platinum out of the series.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

The official Crysis accounts just posted a quote from the Crysis 2 campaign. Since they posted a Crysis 1 quote a few days before announcing the Remaster, it's quite safe to say that we will see a full announcement of a Crysis 2 Remaster in the next few days. 

4 minutes ago, punkshepherd said:

Wasnt there 3 Crysis's (crises?)

I feel like they'll drip them out one by one then do the inevitable DELUXE TRILOGY SPECIAL EDITION. 

I'll wait for that.

In a sale. 

Yeah, there are 3 games. And they'll gonna do it at some time, probably.

Chances are they would also do Crysis 3. I wonder if they're trying to drum up interest for a potential Crysis 4? Also, it sure would be nice to have Crysis 2/3 without the MP, I still have Crysis 3 from PS+ and I didn't even get past the first mission before I lost interest.