Crysis 2+3 Remastered Coming October 15th 2021

westersburg

41 minutes ago, dakk55 said:

Chances are they would also do Crysis 3

Yep

It was revealed that Crytek plans to remaster both Crysis 2 and Crysis 3. According to the leaked documents.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/leaked-crytek-documents-reveal-crysis-2-remastered-crysis-3-remastered/

• Like 3

On 5/20/2021 at 0:15 PM, Helyx said:

Real talk, can we get dat relay?

Didn’t you and I boost this? I’m trying to remember.

but to the OP: FUCK YES!!! Crysis 2 is my favorite of the series. Just really hope they do away with the dedication trophy and scale down the lvl 50 to lvl 25. Outside of that, I can’t wait to play this again!! 

• Like 1

On 25.5.2021 at 7:52 PM, kidson2004 said:

Didn’t you and I boost this? I’m trying to remember.

but to the OP: FUCK YES!!! Crysis 2 is my favorite of the series. Just really hope they do away with the dedication trophy and scale down the lvl 50 to lvl 25. Outside of that, I can’t wait to play this again!! 

You needed around lvl 40 for all weapons so a scale down wouldn't affect much if the rest of the trophies are still the same. Thank you for sharing my opinion of crysis 2 being the best of the 3. Most people still say it's the first one but besides the graphics it didn't age well. Soundtrack, gameplay and story are far superior in the 2nd one. I personally like linear level design, but i understand, that it was kind of a letdown for hardcore fans of the 1st one.

22 hours ago, Viper said:

I'd be interested in this if people weren't still saying the Crysis 1 remaster doesn't run well at all (on PS4). So it's hard to imagine this or 3 would be much better off.

It does run pretty well on ps5 tho. Shouldn't have released at on ps4 i guess. I Hope Crysis 2 and 3 will run better, because they were better optimized already when they came out so i think a remaster will be easier.

On 28.5.2021 at 5:50 PM, Sinthoras_96 said:

I just had a notification on Facebook that Crysis did a Livestream but when I klicked on it nothing showed up 1f914.png Maybe a Trailer will come soon. 

Or they just pressed the wrong button accidently :D Hope they don't edge us any longer and drop the reveal of at least 1 of the 2 remasters next week.

https://www.crytek.com/news/crysis-remastered-trilogy-will-launch-in-fall-2021

Crytek confirms it theirselves. Crysis Remastered Trilogy is releasing as a bundle with all 3 SP campaigns. PS5 and Xbox Series X/S get smoother game play as expected. I'd hope they can be bought separately, or existing CR owners can get a discount.

They should do a Crysis Warhead Remastered release afterward. It just wouldn't be right to skip that.

• Like 1

I’m mad there won’t be MP that’s coming with this. But I’m noticing a disturbing trend: companies are remastering these good games (MW2, potentially MW3 and now the Crysis trilogy), but not include the MP for all of them. Like why take away a key component that made the overall experience of the games so great? I’m not getting this trilogy sadly. If I wanted to play the SP’s for Crysis, I’ll play them on my PS3. 

1 hour ago, DividedByMankind said:

It is Confirmed. IM all in for this, hope it is MP aswell :) This time ill do it LEGIT. 

Unfortunately, the link you provided doesn't mention anything about multiplayer coming to the Crysis Remastered Trilogy.  It's definitely a recent trend for remastered games to omit the multiplayer.  Remastered games like Hitman: Absolution, Uncharted 2 and 3, CoD MW2, Assassin's Creed III, and Bioshock 2 all had their multiplayer component omitted.  There are, however, remasters that have retained multiplayer including The Last of Us, Burnout Paradise, Saints Row: The Third, and CoD MW1.  My guess: Crysis Remastered Trilogy will NOT have multiplayer since it wasn't included in the announcement.

Quote from article in attached link above: "The Crysis Remastered Trilogy features the single-player remasters of Crysis, Crysis 2, and Crysis 3, optimized in partnership with Saber Interactive for today's consoles and PC hardware."

Edited by Paperclip1776
wording change

I'll get it. The PS3 versions are lower in framerate (30 FPS max) and visual quality. I've always wanted to see what Crysis 2 and especially 3 would be like on PS4, and someday PS5. Crysis 2 and 3's PC versions have better multi-core support than the original Crysis and Warhead. Maybe 2 and 3 will run better on PS4/5 and Xbox series than the first.

7 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Crytek confirms it theirselves. Crysis Remastered Trilogy is releasing as a bundle with all 3 SP campaigns. PS5 and Xbox Series X/S get smoother game play as expected. I'd hope they can be bought separately, or existing CR owners can get a discount.

They should do a Crysis Warhead Remastered release afterward. It just wouldn't be right to skip that.

the article says that crysis  is available now and that the other two will also be available separately. 

On 5/28/2021 at 3:23 PM, Viper said:

I'd be interested in this if people weren't still saying the Crysis 1 remaster doesn't run well at all (on PS4). So it's hard to imagine this or 3 would be much better off.

I played it on ps4 pro and had no issues with the way it ran.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 14.6.2021 at 0:14 AM, RadiantFlamberge said:

I'll be going for these platinums. My guess is they're just going to reuse the PS3 trophy lists except of course for the online ones.

Yes they would have to adjust the trophy value so it fits the standard, and also adjust the trophy images, since they were designed for bronze, silver and gold trophies. I wouldn't recommend upsetting @Sinthoras_96 so they should better do that. The best way would be to add a few new single player trophies. They could just add easter egg trophies, misc combat related ones or a few for the highest difficulty of crysis 3 (which was absent in the console version) or certain collectibles in crysis 2 which weren't required trophywise in the past.

• Like 3