Crysis 2+3 Remastered Coming October 15th 2021

westersburg

On 13/03/2021 at 0:40 PM, DividedByMankind said:

Why not make a brand new game with a brand new story 1f644.png Then all these remasteres. Allready have all Crysis plats on ps3. 

It's cheaper, easier, requires less resources and less time. for a company that is struggling financially they can't afford to spend 3 years making a new game and risking it flopping. 

This is a safer bet as will cost less in the first place and can pull on peoples nostalgia.

Capcom literally admitted at the start of the XOne/PS4 gen that they were having to pump out remasters just to keep the lights on. Likely the same case here sadly.

The Achievementlist of Crysis 3 Remastered came out: https://www.exophase.com/game/crysis-3-remastered-xbox/achievements/

They simply removed the mp achievements and adjusted the value. The question for us playstation players is: Are they going to use the green pictures for the trophies as well or are they using the ps3 pictures with adjusted colours (bronze, silver, gold)?

Cool. I played my fair bit of the first Crysis game back when the bugged PS3 version came out. It was a nice experience despite all the shortcomings it had.

Really looking forward to trying out the remaster of Crysis 2 &3 since I never played those. And thank fuck they're leaving the multiplayer out of those games. I only want to have fun with an engrossing single player campaign, lol.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The trophy lists just came out on exophase:

https://www.exophase.com/games/?q=crysis

We are getting 2 platinums for each game (2x crysis 2 remastered + 2x crysis 3 remastered). Since crysis 1 remastered isnt getting another list as well i dont think it has anything to do with the upcoming retail release and i assume it will probably region based (for example US and EU).

They also streamed xbox series x gameplay of crysis 3 yesterday and are going to stream ps5 gameplay of crysis 2 on friday:

• Like 3

On 3/10/2021 at 2:25 AM, westersburg said:

Original Announcement:

Game will only release on last gen consoles (PS4, Xbox one) but with improvements for the current generation via backwards compatibility. (Xbox Series consoles, PS5). No official release date yet, but several retailers have listed the game for the end of september.

In a current interview with digital foundry was stated, that crysis 2 and 3 won't come with raytracing support and different graphic modes on consoles.

- Mostly same graphic features for all consoles

- All versions come with dynamic resolution, next gen consoles will have a significant boost of resolution: 1080p-2160p (1440p on ps5 refering to digital foundry, higher on xbox series x)

- PS5 and Xbox Series x will run at 60 fps (super consistent so far refering to digital foundry)

- A retail version for the whole trilogy will be available, switch will have 3 seperate physical versions. Crysis 1 retail version will run the latest patch on the disc

Thank so much for this. 
was just looking at crysis for ps3. This is excellent news. 

12 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Just four more days. I wonder how 2 & 3 are going to run on PS4 Pro. Hopefully they get the remasters to run at 60 also, even if resolution has to be capped at 1080p.

Next gen versions are the only ones to run at 60 fps. PS4 pro will run at 30. AFAIK in dynamic 1440p. Base ps4 in 1080@30 and PS5 in dynamic 4k@60 with 1440p being the lowest resolution.

You can't choose between any graphical modes like you could in crysis 1.

Edited by westersburg
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, westersburg said:

Next gen versions are the only ones to run at 60 fps. PS4 pro will run at 30. AFAIK in dynamic 1440p. Base ps4 in 1080@30 and PS5 in dynamic 4k@60 with 1440p being the lowest resolution.

You can't choose between any graphical modes like you could in crysis 1.

Darn. I'd rather have been able to sacrifice resolution for framerate ( even if it would mean going down to 1600 x 900), but I can live with a solid 30 until I have PS5 (I'll also be double dipping on the PC versions). I'm hopeful there will be no frame drops like we've seen in the PS3 versions. PS3 frequently struggles to reach 30 FPS on C2 and C3, even with the resolution cut to 1024 x 720.

1 hour ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Darn. I'd rather have been able to sacrifice resolution for framerate ( even if it would mean going down to 1600 x 900), but I can live with a solid 30 until I have PS5 (I'll also be double dipping on the PC versions). I'm hopeful there will be no frame drops like we've seen in the PS3 versions. PS3 frequently struggles to reach 30 FPS on C2 and C3, even with the resolution cut to 1024 x 720.

yeah these run with an average of 24-25 fps. ps4 and ps4 pro should be able to maintain 30 fps almost perfectly since, the switch manages to do so as well with even less hardware power (only 900p there)

• Like 1

On 13/10/2021 at 2:12 PM, starcrunch061 said:

I know absolutely jack about these games, but the menu theme to Crysis 2 is awesome.

Yeah. It has that late 90's/early 2000's blockbuster score feel to it.

It's simultaneously epic and desperate. Perfectly sets the mood for the game's plot.

Edited by LastMinuteSavior
  • Like 1