A warning about corrupted save

I think it is important to mention that whenever a new level/zone is loading, there is a very small chance to crash, unfortunately whenever you crash there, your save will be damaged, forcing you to make a new one from scratch.

I had a couple of these crashes when restarting the first level during my Nocturna speedrun attempts since I wanted a good starting build, I probably had some more which I don't recall, I also had one during an All Chars run recently, all these led to a corrupted save. Also a friend of mine had a few crashes and lost his save, and he had to redo an All Chars run again just to unlock Coda.

I recommend to have a back-up with all the chars unlocked and also when going for the Mode Master dlc trophy so you don't have to redo a mode again because you lost your save.

• Like 3

It is important to point out that this happens whenever the DLC is enabled. I never experienced a crash / savefile corruption on the vanilla game. Did you really get your savefile deleted during an All Chars run without the DLC installed? 

But yeah, I also lost 2 green bats to a corrupted save (although nothing like having to unlock Coda again ?, poor @Miles)

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 1

If it is related to the dlc is a possiblity. For now I'm working for All Chars any% with dlc and I got a crash during, hopefully, just the first char.

Good to know this shouldn't be happening during the low% run then, since no trophy hunter would really try that with dlc enabled.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

But yeah, I also lost 2 green bats to a corrupted save (although nothing like having to unlock Coda again 1f602.png, poor @Miles)

Hey, it only took me 6 months to unlock her again ?

But yeah the crashes seem to happen with DLC installed only, and never had it happen in the middle of the run so only Z1 I believe. I get at least 2 crashes per session but I learned my lesson now and have my save backed up. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Miles said:

Hey, it only took me 6 months to unlock her again ?

But yeah the crashes seem to happen with DLC installed only, and never had it happen in the middle of the run so only Z1 I believe. I get at least 2 crashes per session but I learned my lesson now and have my save backed up. 

When i unlocked coda I immediately backed it up to several locations

-via PS plus

-via USB flash memory (and left extra copies on two different laptops)

-via in game's Cross save feature.

?

1439799725.tikara_necrodancercoda.png

I have a friend who was in a great guaranteed run for nocturna's speedrun trophy but the game crashed while loading the final boss level @bluevelvetchains

Edited by stealthlevel100

• 2 years later...

Or just use the Cross save to keep your data and prevent this from happening. It's not the end of the world if it happens when you don't have any extra saves, as the unlock requirements for the characters are very easy, and if you manage to unlock Coda, you shouldn't have any problem doing it again, although you still don't want this to happen as it will ruin the mode master trophy from popping and possibly requiring you to replay all the extra modes till it pops.

Edited by Kimura Takahashi