Steep from PS+: What do I need to buy for 100%?

HusKy

I'm trying to figure out the cheapest way to buy all DLCs that contain trophies and are needed for 100%.

The DLCs are:

• Winterfest
  • Extreme Pack
  • Road To The Olympics

Seems like I have 3 options ordered from cheapest to most expensive:

1. Buy Gold edition + Road To The Olympics (~24€)
    • GE goes on sale every couple months
    • Cheapest only if GE bought during sale
  2. Buy Season Pass + Road To The Olympics (~30€)
  3. Buy Winterfest + Extreme Pack + Road To Olympics (~32€)

The DLCs never go on sale in EU region, so it seems like the cheapest option is #1.

It's such a mess so if anyone knows a better way, please let me know. Otherwise this post should serve as a PSA for others who want to go for 100%. :platinum:

edit:

Links for anyone who wants to see price graphs from last couple years (EU):

Gold edition:

https://psprices.com/region-sk/game/2558478/steep-x-games-gold-edition

Season pass:

https://psprices.com/region-sk/game/1253028/steep-season-pass

DLCs:

https://psprices.com/region-sk/game/1345187/steep-winterfest-pack

https://psprices.com/region-sk/game/1398168/steep-extreme-pack

https://psprices.com/region-sk/game/1838594/steep-road-to-the-olympics

Edited by HusKy

If i remeber Correctly i only buyed the Olympics dlc. The other 2 i already had, and i only have the ps+ version. I cannot remeber that i buyed the other 2, but dont rush on my response, dont know if others can answer this better because i did everything except the Olympics on my old account years ago^^

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Zauberwald1g said:

If i remeber Correctly i only buyed the Olympics dlc. The other 2 i already had, and i only have the ps+ version. I cannot remeber that i buyed the other 2, but dont rush on my response, dont know if others can answer this better because i did everything except the Olympics on my old account years ago^^

Hmm I had to buy all three of them

I went for option 2, I bought the season pass right after finishing the base game (maybe because it was on sale I don't really remember) and then I also bought the Road to the olympics dlc some years later

• Like 1

My advice would be to go with 1 or 2 just don't buy them one by one.

@HusKy The DLCs went on sale in EU region. At least the Road to the Olypmics DLC, because that's the only one I can remember actually being in a sale.

Also I could imagine a price drop or a sale for Steep content with the release of Riders Republic. But who knows.

1 hour ago, DaaneS97 said:

Hmm I had to buy all three of them

I went for option 2, I bought the season pass right after finishing the base game (maybe because it was on sale I don't really remember) and then I also bought the Road to the olympics dlc some years later

Ah ok, thanks. Wasnt sure anymore, was a few years ago and only bought the Olympics DLC this year.

3 hours ago, HusKy said:

I'm trying to figure out the cheapest way to buy all DLCs that contain trophies and are needed for 100%.

The DLCs are:

• Winterfest
  • Extreme Pack
  • Road To The Olympics

Seems like I have 3 options ordered from cheapest to most expensive:

1. Buy Gold edition + Road To The Olympics (~24€)
    • GE goes on sale every couple months
    • Cheapest only if GE bought during sale
  2. Buy Season Pass + Road To The Olympics (~30€)
  3. Buy Winterfest + Extreme Pack + Road To Olympics (~32€)

The DLCs never go on sale in EU region, so it seems like the cheapest option is #1.

It's such a mess so if anyone knows a better way, please let me know. Otherwise this post should serve as a PSA for others who want to go for 100%. :platinum:

Could not remember if Winterfest or Extreme were free. Logged out to check the store. Looks like your options are accurate. I pretty much always wait for sales, so I must have picked them up at some point in the US store. 

It is a bummer that they are convoluted due to the Olympics DLC. The game was ultimately worth getting the 100%. I jumped on it expecting Riders Republic to come out and basically replace it.

• 4 months later...

I have seen road to the olympics DLC on sale once or twice but not often on EU store. Worries me a bit that the DLC is officially licenced and that said licence can expire. After which they will have to delist it from PSN store. How long that licence goes for is anyone's guess. But usually not long 4 to 6 years. So I'm thinking of just buying it now and not waiting for a sale. 

Only 14 dollars for me, the rest of game and DLC was free for me. PS plus and received a free code for Xgames and extreme DLC pass. So happy to buy rest.

Edited by SlipingJimmy
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I wanted to start this game, so I was just looking up the prices of the DLC but I cannot find the Road To The Olympics DLC on the EU store. 

Is it delisted or is it maybe renamed? Does anyone know if it is included in the X-games season pass or the regular season pass?

1 hour ago, MennoWoods2 said:

I wanted to start this game, so I was just looking up the prices of the DLC but I cannot find the Road To The Olympics DLC on the EU store. 

Is it delisted or is it maybe renamed? Does anyone know if it is included in the X-games season pass or the regular season pass?

Uh oh... PSPrices is showing this DLC as "Withdrawn from sale". That's not good.

• 3 months later...
On 10.03.2021 at 0:07 PM, HusKy said:

There have been quite a few threads about different versions of Steep following the delisting of the Road to the Olympics DLC, but I think I have one that hasn't been asked yet, so here goes..

I have a disc version of Steep with the Road to the Olympics DLC - now I would also like to buy the season pass, but since it never goes on sale, I may just as well buy now Steep X Games Gold Edition, which is half the price of the season pass. If I do get it, however, will I be able to combine the content of the Gold Edition with the content of the disc edition (which has the additional delisted DLC)?

Hope my question makes sense ;)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, det_gittes said:

-snip-

Holy :o

This is the first time it's been on sale since 11/2020. Thanks for heads up.

I don't have the disc version but the RtO is digital code, correct? It will most likely work with Steep GE if the regions match.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HusKy said:

I don't have the disc version but the RtO is digital code, correct? It will most likely work with Steep GE if the regions match.

Thanks! Actually, I also just realized that it's still  part of the old sale which ends tomorrow - when I found it earlier today, I thought it was part of the new sale that has just started.

• Like 1

Just now, det_gittes said:

Thanks! Actually, I also just realized that it's still  part of the old sale which ends tomorrow - when I found it earlier today, I thought it was part of the new sale that has just started.

I went ahead and bought it and it seems to be compatible with everything I own. I bought RtO from a third party shop after delisting couple months back.

Thankfully, the GE edition can be bought even though I have the base game from PS+.

Thanks a lot for heads up!

• Like 3

Looks like quite a few of us have been trolled by Ubisoft - we bought the Gold edition in the last sale as the Season pass never goes on sale (well, in over 2 years at least), and next thing you know the Season Pass is on sale ? Well, at least it's only a five dollar difference ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, det_gittes said:

Looks like quite a few of us have been trolled by Ubisoft - we bought the Gold edition in the last sale as the Season
pass never goes on sale (well, in over 2 years at least), and next thing you know the Season Pass is on sale 1f602.png Well, at least it's only a five dollar difference 1f606.png

Technically, if you care and have not started downloading it yet (and some time have not passed, I think its 2 weeks) you can probably request a refund from Sony and buy this one before sale ends :P

I missed that update last week, otherwise I would probably have bought it too.

Edited by Zbir_Vladimir

2 hours ago, det_gittes said:

Looks like quite a few of us have been trolled by Ubisoft - we bought the Gold edition in the last sale as the Season pass never goes on sale (well, in over 2 years at least), and next thing you know the Season Pass is on sale 1f602.png Well, at least it's only a five dollar difference 1f606.png

Damn, we got baited. xD

I'm wondering what happened at Ubisoft that suddenly this game is going back on sale again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

Damn, we got baited. xD

I'm wondering what happened at Ubisoft that suddenly this game is going back on sale again.

Not sure. Trials Fusion Awesome Max was another one liked that where it was suddenly put on sale after 2 years of not being there.

Someone probably reviewed their catalogue.

Happy with that, picked Trials last week and picking Steep this sale. Now only need time to play all that.

On 2/2/2022 at 7:42 AM, HusKy said:

On 2/2/2022 at 7:49 AM, det_gittes said:

I think there is something off with PlatPrices on this Season Pass DLC.  It is showing as not on sale currently (incorrect) and not having been on sale since Nov 2020 (also incorrect).

I’ve had it in my wishlist and noticed it discounted pretty frequently for $4.99 or $9.99 depending on the sale.  I went ahead and bought it this time but am sure it will be on sale very soon again.