HusKy

Steep from PS+: What do I need to buy for 100%?

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm trying to figure out the cheapest way to buy all DLCs that contain trophies and are needed for 100%.

The DLCs are:

• Winterfest
  • Extreme Pack
  • Road To The Olympics

Seems like I have 3 options ordered from cheapest to most expensive:

1. Buy Gold edition + Road To The Olympics (~24€)
    • GE goes on sale every couple months
    • Cheapest only if GE bought during sale
  2. Buy Season Pass + Road To The Olympics (~30€)
  3. Buy Winterfest + Extreme Pack + Road To Olympics (~32€)

The DLCs never go on sale in EU region, so it seems like the cheapest option is #1.

It's such a mess so if anyone knows a better way, please let me know. Otherwise this post should serve as a PSA for others who want to go for 100%. :platinum:

edit:

Links for anyone who wants to see price graphs from last couple years (EU):

Gold edition:

https://psprices.com/region-sk/game/2558478/steep-x-games-gold-edition

Season pass:

https://psprices.com/region-sk/game/1253028/steep-season-pass

DLCs:

https://psprices.com/region-sk/game/1345187/steep-winterfest-pack

https://psprices.com/region-sk/game/1398168/steep-extreme-pack

https://psprices.com/region-sk/game/1838594/steep-road-to-the-olympics

Edited by HusKy

If i remeber Correctly i only buyed the Olympics dlc. The other 2 i already had, and i only have the ps+ version. I cannot remeber that i buyed the other 2, but dont rush on my response, dont know if others can answer this better because i did everything except the Olympics on my old account years ago^^

46 minutes ago, Zauberwald1g said:

If i remeber Correctly i only buyed the Olympics dlc. The other 2 i already had, and i only have the ps+ version. I cannot remeber that i buyed the other 2, but dont rush on my response, dont know if others can answer this better because i did everything except the Olympics on my old account years ago^^

Hmm I had to buy all three of them

I went for option 2, I bought the season pass right after finishing the base game (maybe because it was on sale I don't really remember) and then I also bought the Road to the olympics dlc some years later

My advice would be to go with 1 or 2 just don't buy them one by one.

@HusKy The DLCs went on sale in EU region. At least the Road to the Olypmics DLC, because that's the only one I can remember actually being in a sale.

Also I could imagine a price drop or a sale for Steep content with the release of Riders Republic. But who knows.

1 hour ago, DaaneS97 said:

Hmm I had to buy all three of them

I went for option 2, I bought the season pass right after finishing the base game (maybe because it was on sale I don't really remember) and then I also bought the Road to the olympics dlc some years later

Ah ok, thanks. Wasnt sure anymore, was a few years ago and only bought the Olympics DLC this year.

Road to the Olympics is the one with the Steep price. :P

It doesn’t go on sale very often, but it’s worth the wait bc it’s usually around 50% off. Can’t give exact sales price as it was a few years ago. 

3 hours ago, HusKy said:

I'm trying to figure out the cheapest way to buy all DLCs that contain trophies and are needed for 100%.

The DLCs are:

• Winterfest
  • Extreme Pack
  • Road To The Olympics

Seems like I have 3 options ordered from cheapest to most expensive:

1. Buy Gold edition + Road To The Olympics (~24€)
    • GE goes on sale every couple months
    • Cheapest only if GE bought during sale
  2. Buy Season Pass + Road To The Olympics (~30€)
  3. Buy Winterfest + Extreme Pack + Road To Olympics (~32€)

The DLCs never go on sale in EU region, so it seems like the cheapest option is #1.

It's such a mess so if anyone knows a better way, please let me know. Otherwise this post should serve as a PSA for others who want to go for 100%. :platinum:

Could not remember if Winterfest or Extreme were free. Logged out to check the store. Looks like your options are accurate. I pretty much always wait for sales, so I must have picked them up at some point in the US store. 

It is a bummer that they are convoluted due to the Olympics DLC. The game was ultimately worth getting the 100%. I jumped on it expecting Riders Republic to come out and basically replace it.