Main game or Trial Mode?

I'm at the end game pretty much. I just need to head to the Bahamut to finish off the story but still have more hunts, rare game and espers to do. For the hunts and rare game (including the ones that give trophies), shall I defeat them in the game or should I do so through Trial Mode only? Is there a benefit to beating them in the main game? I know the guide recommends doing so for Yiazmat, but I'm wondering about the others to see if I can shave some time. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Guess I'll answer this myself since I have the plat now! I got the following in Trial Mode only:

Rare Game

Ripe Rampager

Cultsworn Lich

Hunts

Catoblepas

Piscodaemon

Deathgaze

Wild Malboro

Pylraster

Fafnir

Diabolos

Behemoth King

Yiazmat

Omega Mark XII

The trophy for completing the bestiary popped as soon as I beat Omega in Trial 99.

• Like 3

When it's a good time to start doing stuff in Trial Mode? As soon as I finish the main story? Around which level do I have to be to take in Trial Mode?

I guess I can find the answers to my questions somewhere in the guide, but I think it can be useful to put it here.

14 minutes ago, Konzel-Erre said:

When it's a good time to start doing stuff in Trial Mode? As soon as I finish the main story? Around which level do I have to be to take in Trial Mode?

I guess I can find the answers to my questions somewhere in the guide, but I think it can be useful to put it here.

I'd say when your team is max level because the last stages are really tough. :P If I recall right you cannot complete let's say 80 stages and then return back to the main game to gain more power and continue from 81, you'd have to start from stage 1 again. Not the end of the world as you get to keep some rewards but it takes quite a while to get through all 100 stages. The last stage pretty much requires (cheesy) tactics you might not have had to use even once before that fight so check it in advance or not if you wanna be prepared. :P

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Konzel-Erre said:

I did it after everything in the story was done. My main characters were level 70-74 but they were all equipped with seitengrats, which makes the first 90 or so trials a breeze. After that you need to pay more attention and mix up your strategies accordingly, but my levels didn't hinder me at all. Trial 100 is a pain regardless of levels.

• 2 years later...
On 07/04/2021 at 3:01 PM, Asher1985 said:

Guess I'll answer this myself since I have the plat now! I got the following in Trial Mode only:

Rare Game

Ripe Rampager

Cultsworn Lich

Hunts

Catoblepas

Piscodaemon

Deathgaze

Wild Malboro

Pylraster

Fafnir

Diabolos

Behemoth King

Yiazmat

Omega Mark XII

The trophy for completing the bestiary popped as soon as I beat Omega in Trial 99.

i know this is an old thread, but you mean beating those hunts in Trial mode is easier than Main game? I recently beat Gilgamesh and am at end game contents.my team at 70

On 14/07/2023 at 8:57 AM, hawkiq said:

i know this is an old thread, but you mean beating those hunts in Trial mode is easier than Main game? I recently beat Gilgamesh and am at end game contents.my team at 70

Not necessarily easier. Just that I didn't spend time fighting them in the story when I was able, and had, to fight them in Trial mode.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/07/2023 at 8:02 PM, Asher1985 said:

Not necessarily easier. Just that I didn't spend time fighting them in the story when I was able, and had, to fight them in Trial mode.

I asked this because I saw in Trophy guide this line

You may also consider facing him( Yiazmat ) in Trial Mode, especially when none of your characters can use the mentioned Technicks. In Trial Mode, Yiazmat's HP is reduced to a mere 3.7 million.

so I assumed all marks are easier in Trial mode.