Trophy thoughts

FullMetalSarok

These types of games are what usually interests me most but for some reason I couldn't get into this game, it was actually my first ever steam refund.  Maybe now that it is on PSN I will give it another go.

I hear from others it is a great game so I should probobly give it a real chance.

• Like 1

I think this is going to be a real pain to get. As mentioned earlier, the entropy wins will be a pain, particularly with winning entropy v. Throw in the number of wins required and this will be a real grind. Maybe its just my style but each run is taking 4+ hours so this is going to be a long one. 

Compared to the xbox list not sure if we have it better. There's less difficulty related trophies but oh boy do they look grindy. 100 wins needed which is an effort even if speed ran. 

The list is really boring considering the number of progenies to unlock and viable builds to work with. 

Will have to see how difficult the entropy runs are to see if this will be platted. Save scumming might be an option at the higher difficulties. 

• Like 1

On 2021-03-12 at 2:17 PM, allerburn said:

I think this is going to be a real pain to get. As mentioned earlier, the entropy wins will be a pain, particularly with winning entropy v. Throw in the number of wins required and this will be a real grind. Maybe its just my style but each run is taking 4+ hours so this is going to be a long one. 

Compared to the xbox list not sure if we have it better. There's less difficulty related trophies but oh boy do they look grindy. 100 wins needed which is an effort even if speed ran. 

I must be missing something but where do you see a trophy to win 100 times? 

Edited by BrandedBerserk

• 2 months later...
On 3/14/2021 at 5:55 AM, Kcrack_Km said:

Great game but the crashes are driving me insane, lost about 2 1/2 hours tonight. Save your game boys.

If you're playing on the PS5, the game is super unstable and will crash a lot. Like you, I lost 2+ hours worth of play several times.
If you're playing on the PS4, the game performs terribly, but reliably gets through stuff more often.

However, the crash seems to be related to saving the game in general. Every time you perform an action, the game records it. Sometimes, that process gets completely destroyed and when the game crashes, it doesn't load your previous state, it loads it from when it was last able to actually able to save.

So when the game crashed for me not too long ago, I swapped over to the PS4 and the game actually told me something went wrong and couldn't recover my save, but it still had my profile data which was fine. I rather start over than to lose all that work.

Doing "Save and Quit" is not completely safe either. There is a low chance that the save process doesn't work and the same thing will happen. It will load up the last save it was actually able to do.

On an Entropy II run, I had a really good run, but I didn't want to lose progress, so I did "Save and Quit". When I came back to it about 3 hours later, the game loaded up the battle against the first behemoth and at that point, I was on the third. So I lost 2 hours worth of work which was frustrating because I had great items and the next go around, I got nothing but trash and had to abandon the mission.

On 14/03/2021 at 1:55 PM, allerburn said:

The equivalent of PST for xbox. I was referring to how grindy the xbox trophies were compared to the ps trophy list. 

This is referring to the xbox list which has an achievement for 100 wins. Trust me, even in the easiest setting this is a grind. I was comparing how ps users got difficulty over grind. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright, so update: the game has proven rather unstable since my first few playthroughs. I have had probably two dozen or more crashes in my 150+ hours of playtime. Only one of these crashes led to progress being lost, however, and I was able to abuse quitting and reloading to re-roll chests, outcomes of enemy attacks, and poor planning on my part without issue.

Overall the game is more a grind than anything else. Entropy 1-4 was easy enough using a setup of Paragon / Juggernaut*, Guardian, and Archon - put some stagger gear on Archon and he becomes a reliable source of enemy breaks, which are both immensely useful for delaying attacks for a turn and allowing all your characters to crit, but also provide a significant amount of fury. By the time you get to planet 3 you should be able to use Guardian's stronghold ability most turns without issue. The first planet is a struggle, however, as this team combination lacks offensive ability. Entropy V adds additional, usually strong, enemies to boss fights which you just cannot get through without significant firepower; for this team I ended up going with Enforcer - Saboteur - Juggernaut and picking up Guardian for my second or third pick since stronghold requires better fury generation to get going anyway. Aegis is also a very solid choice, however she is pure defense with very little utility and no AOE attack. I highly encourage save scumming for Entropy V - back up your saves at crucial moments so that you can revert if you make a bad call and end up with too little HP to finish a planet. You can also quit the game while a turn is playing out to be sent back to the start of that turn - I recommend turning off auto fast forward during boss fights for this reason. Boss attacks are not set in stone, so for instance with enemies who get free attacks between turns, if they hit your 10 hp character you can quit and hope they pick someone who won't die. You can also quit if you open a chest and there's no gear that you like - you'll be sent back to the last turn of your last fight, or the last armor station or similar resource you've finished an interaction with.

The rule of thumb for high Entropy playthroughs is that you need consistent stagger, consistent AOE damage, and a good tank. Guardian's stronghold makes him a beast once you have a good team, especially since he regens to full health after every fight, but he's hard to get off the ground. Aegis is the usual go to for tanking, as her fortress ability is very strong, but Juggernaut and Paragon can also work if you need a little bit of damage in your team composition. Enforcer and Spectre* are top tier DPS characters, and Archon and Empath are solid supports - Empath in particular has synergy with Spectre since she can give Spectre two hits in a single turn, though Archon's instant AOE stagger shouldn't be underestimated. Gunslinger*, Valkyrie and Marksman don't play into any one particular niche too well and I found too unwieldy to fit into a team composition. Varangian* and Commando are solid, but shouldn't be your first choice. The go to team composition I see referenced is Empath - Spectre - Aegis, but I personally preferred other setups.

Also, Prycon (the alternate "harsh" planet) is fun but there is no incentive to play it on Entropy. It's harder, and lacks the optional dungeons which show up on the normal planets, so you'll be gimping your run if you play it on your Entropy playthroughs due to the lack of bonus rewards and experience.

*Juggernaut can be unlocked by raising the Enforcer and Aegis's relationship to 4 hearts in a single run. Spectre is unlocked from a full relationship between Marksman and Empath. Gunslinger is Commando and Saboteur. Varangian is Valkyrie and Archon.

One last thing: the game has been abandoned by the devs. There will be no further updates as far as I can tell, and the game is missing the free DLC which added an ending to the game and a new hero, the Dark Paragon, and was released a year and a half ago on PC. If you don't care about trophies, PC would be the place to play this game, sadly, although it is still a fun experience on Playstation.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...