Should PS+ and PS Now merge services?

kidson2004

Have to say no, personally I don’t use PS Now. I think it’s just a waste of money since most games you need good internet, and all the other games they add that you can download are either limited time, or been on PS+ before. So I’d rather keep PS+ 

• Like 1

I'd say no. When I first got a PS4 I was confused by the two services and thought they should be combined as well. Now knowing how to take advantage of them both, keep them separate!

I don't ever want to spend more than $30 on plus.

I only grab a month of PSNow if it's on sale (like now) or if there's enough new stuff to platinum a bunch (also like now). This service has saved me a lot of money. I don't want it changing.

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

All I think of when I hear two services merging is an increased price and less happy people because more people will be forced to pay more for services they don’t use if they want to continue service. Pretty much like what happened with cable tv. 

I’m a strong No. Keep them separate and let people choose which services they want. 

Yeah, when Amazon started to add new features when all there was to Prime was the shipping which is all I wanted, I already knew they would use that as pretext to increase your subscription, and of course, they conveniently avoid the obvious option to offer different packages for the ones who just want the shipping, it's unfair and almost stealing, since yeah, they're not pointing a gun at you, but at the same time if you buy there you'll save money in shippings, but most of your money goes for services you don't care for.

At the same time it isn't their fault, there is only one choice in our economic model, and our economic model is based in our own nature, which is why the more idilic ones didn't last. Wouldn't surprise me PSN did the same, lucky I barely play any online game and not interested in PS+ games since they removed Vita and PS3 from the equation. It would be a shame to stop using PS+ for cloud storage though.

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

All I think of when I hear two services merging is an increased price and less happy people because more people will be forced to pay more for services they don’t use if they want to continue service. Pretty much like what happened with cable tv. 

I’m a strong No. Keep them separate and let people choose which services they want. 

I agree with DaivRules here. But I would like a combo pass available for cheaper than having both individually.

26 minutes ago, Spacey Dweeb said:

I agree with DaivRules here. But I would like a combo pass available for cheaper than having both individually.

Any combo pass they do is unlikely to make up for being able to buy PS+ codes for 30$ every now and then; I can't imagine them selling both for the price of one subscription. If they do it'd probably be a massive downgrade to both services.

Kind of. They should just have one subscription service providing games, then an option to have online play included for a slightly higher price, then  a separate way to purchase just the online play access without games for those who only play the same old MMO games year in year out and don’t bother with anything else.

Id rather not have any paid services if im being honest 

i want free online multiplayer like how it used to be

i rarely ever play the games they give away with the IGC until recently because of ps5 games but other than that i could pass those up no problem like i do regularly 

cloud storage is cool but i have a usb thumb drive i can use if need be

Nowadays i need to have + just cuz some dickhead dev coded in online trophies to a single player game and we all know you gota have + to play online

i think everyone with internet access on their consoles should get to play online, for free, and if you want these extra features, free monthly games, cloud storage etc, then yes, make it a subscription, but dont lock online play behind it

Edited by Property_Damage
  • Like 4

You don't need PS+ for PS Now. 

Making a "PlayStation Ultimate Pass" just means you're too lazy to buy both individually. 

I do not want them to merge, but I can see a discounted combo package being useful for some people.

No company offers a discounted combo package.

The only other company with two similar services has a combo that is the SAME price as buying both separately. 
The way that other company attempted to create a discount was by trying to double the price of their online membership service.

Edited by TJ_Solo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Any combo pass they do is unlikely to make up for being able to buy PS+ codes for 30$ every now and then; I can't imagine them selling both for the price of one subscription. If they do it'd probably be a massive downgrade to both services.

The problem is that you're thinking from the viewpoint of smart psplus buyers who load up on discount codes.

The average user is more likely to just buy the straight sub, and would be more enticed by a combo package

• Like 2

I do think Sony needs to do something. Microsoft is killing it with Gamepass and if Sony is not careful it will be on the backfoot for this generation.

Speaking as someone who has both, PS+ AND PS Now frankly pale in comparison in terms of value and PS Now is unplayable as a streaming service for a large number of countries, I dont understand why they dont let you download and stream all of the titles on there, a lot are stream only.

Edited by Ac3dUd3-
  • Like 2

I think current technical hurdles don't even allow them to think about this option right now. For one, PS Now is only available in few countries (UK, US, Canada, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Switzerland and The Netherlands) while PS+ has much bigger coverage. Secondly, they would have to remove PS3 streaming from PS Now altogether because expanding their "PS3 data centers" would be expensive and would never pay for itself.

Edited by HusKy