Should PS+ and PS Now merge services?

kidson2004

There is one thing I'd prefer - instead of those 2 merging together, give me the option to pay for ps now, have the games of that and be able to play other games online like in ps plus. I hate ps plus and would much rather pay for ps now. Not gonna do both though and I need the online functions.

No, I don’t think they should do this. The two subscriptions combined would be very expensive.

I would be miserable without multiplayer and that’s why I pay for Plus. I barely have time to play the games they offer each month, so why would I need PS Now?

NO!

it's enough that i'm hating the plus subscription that it's required for online play, I don't play online that much but there's this one game i'm kinda addicted to one of its modes that you can only play online and if I stop paying for the plus this mode will be cut off from me.

I never got interested on the Now subscription since the day it was announced.

1 hour ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Wasn't Xbox the first to introduce subscriptions to play online? Steam, sure. But Microsoft is just as scummy as Sony here.

Last I checked games like Ghostbusters, Crysis 2/3, Mortal Kombat, 50 Cent and plenty of others are still playable on the Xbox 360 but not the PS3.

As someone who is paying for PS+ and PS Now, I'd rather pay 11.99 a month and be free to cancel if the games are shit next month or for whatever reason I wouldnt use enough of the service. Sony's monthly prices are extortionate so you have to buy your subscriptions annually to get similar value to game pass ultimate, and when you do that you have to accept you paid for months which you might not have otherwise.

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

It's the 'Toaster-Telephone' conundrum.

Many people want a toaster.

Many people want a telephone.

A huge number want both.

That doesn't mean anyone is looking for a combination Toaster-Telephone.

By that logic they should split online gaming and the monthly games from PS+. Not everyone plays online and not everyone wants the monthly games.

42 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

I meant cloud storage is free on both Xbox and Steam. :)

So even without Gold you get cloud storage on Xbox?

I think it‘s kinda a joke that i need a PS Plus membership on every PSN account i have, just to save my game saves.

It should be like 5-10 GB free Cloud Space on every account for Game Saves (they make enough money from the PSN Store to do this) & up to 1 TB or unlimited Cloud storage (Game save only) for PS Plus members.

Edited by Jeffboy265

11 minutes ago, zulqarmessi said:

I just want PS Now to get launch in my country 1f62d.png1f62d.png1f62d.png1f62d.png1f62d.png, it's not fair. Only NA,EU and JP gamers getting all the PS Now benefits. Indian gamers should also get this service. 1f1ee-1f1f3.png1f1ee-1f1f3.png1f1ee-1f1f3.png1f1ee-1f1f3.png1f1ee-1f1f3.png1f1ee-1f1f3.png1f1ee-1f1f3.png

For downloable PS4 games, I believe you can just create an NA or EU account and subscribe. Download the games you want to play onto your PS4, and play them on your main PSN account (India). It works just like PS Plus or EA Play.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

Last I checked games like Ghostbusters, Crysis 2/3, Mortal Kombat, 50 Cent and plenty of others are still playable on the Xbox 360 but not the PS3.

Ghostbusters and Crysis 2 is gone on both, Crysis 3 is fine, MK9 is fine except Vita.

Edited by totallycrushed

Compared to Games Pass PS now is a total embarrassment.

I am not even sure that I would use the service if it was free as it is.

I had a one month trial some time ago and the games list was poor, the streaming (even on my fibre connection) was poor and only including TLOU from the PS3 and not even the PS4 remastered version is just a face palm.

I don't like MS per se but they have knocked it out of the park with Games Pass and Sony are seriously lagging in that department.

• Like 1