Life Is Strange: True Colors - September 10th

1 minute ago, IntroPhenom said:

I would be interested to see the series take a different direction, like a Life is Expected kind of thing.  Couple people, sitting around, doing nothing in particular.  Mail comes.  Someone's dog barks.  PB&J.  That sort of thing.

I was thinking the same thing. Will they go down the list of traumas... (And I truly love the series. I mean, I still can't hear The Foals' Spanish Sahara without tearing up!)

2 hours ago, MarcusPunisher said:

LiS 2 was a complete garbage with some of the most terrible writing I've seen in a while and worst game I've played last year. They would have to completely change the writing staff, but that's not gonna happen and I haven't heard good things about Tell Me Why.

:dunno:Well, some of us are psyched for it man.

I hope they go with a female lead again this time, as I will certainly admit that Dotnod do seem to have more of a knack for writing interesting female characters than male ones - but I still thought the writing in LiS2 was good.

That may be more down to the difference in styles of the original 2 stories and the sequel though - LiS and Before the Storm were very introverted stories dealing with the girls internal struggles, whereas LiS2 was more about the wider world, as seen through the eyes of the boys, so they were by necessity more cyphers than the rounded characters of the first games

I’m surprised it felt bad to you, honestly.

You played Resident Evil 6 right before, and Immortals: Fenyx Rising shortly after it.

I would think the writing in LiS2 would have felt like Tolstoy by comparison! 

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, NathanielJohn said:

There's a difference when the writing is essentially the only aspect of the game.

*Most* games have terrible writing in my opinion, but that's OK because they have other things going for them. They have interesting gameplay mechanics, a world to explore, and whatever else. However, if that storyline is essentially the only aspect of the game (Telltale games, LiS, Quantic Dream games, etc) and it's *still* terrible, then there's a big problem.

out of pure curiosity here what percentage are we putting on the most games have bad writing here?

I hope it will be more like the first game. Life is Strange is one of my best gaming experiences in my life and I found Life is Strange 2 a disaster. I have to force myself to play through the second part. The prequel in between was okay, but not really necessary.

• Like 1

I really hope we get a female protagonist this time. I much prefer that in story driven games like these. 

LiS 2 wasn’t bad but it suffered from what so many other games have. An annoying child. Daniel wasn’t as annoying as A.J in the final season of TWD but he still was annoying af. 

First season and Before the Storm was great and hopefully this one will be as well. With some luck we won’t have to wait 4 months between each episode like in LiS 2. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

:dunno:Well, some of us are psyched for it man.

- Just because "some" people are psyched doesn't guarantee that it's gonna be good.

That may be more down to the difference in styles of the original 2 stories and the sequel though - LiS and Before the Storm were very introverted stories dealing with the girls internal struggles, whereas LiS2 was more about the wider world, as seen through the eyes of the boys, so they were by necessity more cyphers than the rounded characters of the first games

- The world is what sucked the most about the story. The writers clearly have not been outside of the real world and have no idea what the hell they are talking about. They tackled subject matter that is way above their IQ lvlv and created a dumpster fire that no sane person can take seriously. 

I’m surprised it felt bad to you, honestly.

You played Resident Evil 6 right before, and Immortals: Fenyx Rising shortly after it.

I would think the writing in LiS2 would have felt like Tolstoy by comparison! 

- Except I was clearing the multiplayer trophies for that. Maybe check the dates next time on when I obtained the trophies. At least RE 6 gives me an enjoyable gameplay, unlike LiS 2, which has none. And I'm sorry, but Immortals: Fenyx Rising is WAY more enjoyable that LiS 2. That game brought me nothing but misery playing it and Immortals was actual enjoyable open world game + I am a sucker for Greek Mythology so that's a bonus. Not saying that the game had amazing writing, but it was much more tolerable than LiS 2.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

LIS was really good, but I didn't enjoy LIS2 like some others didn't. However, Tell Me Why was very decent and I enjoyed it. I feel LIS2 would have benefitted from being a 3-part rather than a 5-part as the game was insanely bloated. 

I wonder if that might actually be true of all of them - Personally I enjoyed all 3 games to varying degrees, but Before the Storm was without a doubt my favourite and the one I felt the most emotionally invested in, and I wonder how much it being a tighter, 3- part story had to do with that :hmm:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I wonder if that might actually be true of all of them - Personally I enjoyed all 3 games to varying degrees, but Before the Storm was without a doubt my favourite and the one I felt the most emotionally invested in, and I wonder how much it being a tighter, 3- part story had to do with that :hmm:

I liked Before the Storm as well, although 1 is my favourite by far. 

Part of the problem with 2 is the insane length between episodes. With Tell Be Why, it was all done within 3 weeks, took 15 months for 2.