Life Is Strange: True Colors - September 10th

You mean I get essentially another easy Platinum? WORKS FOR ME ?

I'm joking of course. I've been playing ever since someone online recommended it to me and I won't stop now. I've yet to play Life is Strange 2, which this thread is practically full of complaints about but I'll probably end up liking it lol

Trailer's here.

In development since 2017. Made by Deck Nine.

Alex Chen must embrace her volatile psychic power of Empathy to uncover the truth about her brother’s death. Get the Deluxe Edition to play as Steph in the all-new story ‘Wavelengths’, plus 4 exclusive Life is Strange hero outfits for Alex.

A bold new era of the award-winning Life is Strange begins, with an all-new playable lead character and a thrilling mystery to solve!

Alex Chen has long suppressed her ‘curse’: the supernatural ability to experience, absorb and manipulate the strong emotions of others, which she sees as blazing, colored auras.

When her brother dies in a so-called accident, Alex must embrace her volatile power to find the truth – and uncover the dark secrets buried by a small town.

Key Features

• Wavelengths – Step into Steph’s booth as the all-new radio show host for KRCT: Haven’s best–and only—radio station. Over four seasons, discover more about Steph’s past and her relationships as she makes her mark on the record store, uncovers its secrets—and decides her future.
  • Live On Air – You’re the DJ: choose records for the playlist, ‘ad lib’ your way through local commercials, and help Steph compose an original song.
  • Roll the Dice – Give D20-powered advice to callers with problems both serious and mundane, GM a tabletop RPG, and reach out to reconnect with an old friend.
  • Small Town Pride – Swipe left or right on Steph’s dating app matches, and join Steph as she reminisces about formative Prides past.
  • A Room of Her Own – See the record store change over the seasons as Steph asserts her personality, and discover its hidden history and surprising spaces as you explore.
  • All-New Soundtrack Hits from Girl in Red, Alt-J, Portugal, The Man, Foals, Hayley Kiyoko, Maribou State, and more set the tone for Steph’s journey, each packing an emotional punch.

Edited by Abby_TheLastofUs
  • Like 4

I honestly didn't expect to be interested in any new Life is Strange games after the disaster that was LiS 2, but this new one looks to be a return to what I enjoyed about the series in the first place. Glad to hear this is being developed by Deck Nine because they seem to be much more competent than Dontnod at this point. I like what I saw in the trailer. I'm not going to rush out and buy this on day one or anything, but let's just say I'm cautiously optimistic about it.

• Like 4

On 3/13/2021 at 6:17 AM, Sikutai said:

Life is Strange 2 was only there to transport a political agenda. Keep actual politics out of games. This is my opinion.

I agree with you. I never played certain games due to the politics. I always want them to be an escape from reality.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I honestly didn't expect to be interested in any new Life is Strange games after the disaster that was LiS 2

Is it really that bad? I keep reading so much mixed comments on it, but nothing seemed to solidify as to why it's considered inferior compared to LiS and Before the Storm. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

Sounds like the story is still broken up into chapters. They’re just releasing it all as a single package, rather than drip feeding it

I liked the forced drip feed, it makes each episode feel special, two of my favourite shows are Doctor Who with a week between each episode, and Dragon Prince released in bulk, The gaps I find make me more hyped for each chapter and theorise the outcome in my head. I can safely say that Doctor who and other traditionally released shows occupy my mind far more than anything I've watched on Netflix or mass release show..

• Like 1

It's a shame it doesn't involve Max, Chloe and the other characters from the original Life is Strange, but I am sure I will enjoy it, I loved the first game and also enjoyed Before the Storm. I guess I will play one episode per day like I had done.

Can't wait, this game and Rift Apart are probably my most awaited games for Ps5 :D

• Like 1

I randomly thought about replaying LiS a few days ago... huh. Personally, I'm glad to see Deck Nine at the helm again, I found LiS 2 a little uneven and it didn't charm me like the first 2 did. I had a few stability and save file issues with it too.

EDIT: I know Dontnod did the first one.

Edited by nyarLOLhotep
Clarity I guess?

I think the elimination of the episode format is very good. However, after the LiS 2 disaster, I won't buy it for release, I'll wait and see but I'm interested. But what kind of glasses is she wearing, is that modern with the kiddies these days? The glasses look like the ones my grandma would have worn, much too big.

Edited by Sikutai