Joining a friend is not working?

My understanding is that the co-op system is very similar to the Souls games in that you can only join people who are within a certain range of your Gear Score so if it's too high or too low compared to your friend(s), they can't join you until the gap decreases.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

30 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

My understanding is that co-op system is very similar to the Souls games in that you can only join people who are within a certain range of your Gear Score so if it's too high or too low compared to your friend(s), they can't join you until the gap decreases.

The gear level is the same for both. The problem is, an network error pops when trying to join, but, i can join public games, and people can join my game

2 hours ago, Tacoronte84 said:

My friend can't join my game and the same happened when i try to join my friend's game. We are both ps plus. Is there are problem? A fix? 

Players can join me and viceversa in public games. Need help here. Thanks 

There used to be an issue a year ago that impacted joining friends but that was patched a long time ago. The original solution back then was to start the game in offline, switch it to public once your in game, and then have your friend join without an invite. I haven't heard of any issues with this being needed since the patch but it could resolve your issue.

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

My understanding is that the co-op system is very similar to the Souls games in that you can only join people who are within a certain range of your Gear Score so if it's too high or too low compared to your friend(s), they can't join you until the gap decreases.

That's very inaccurate. There is no such thing in this game.

32 minutes ago, ChaoticDoomOfBob said:

There used to be an issue a year ago that impacted joining friends but that was patched a long time ago. The original solution back then was to start the game in offline, switch it to public once your in game, and then have your friend join without an invite. I haven't heard of any issues with this being needed since the patch but it could resolve your issue.

I'll try that solution. Hope it works. Thanks!

9 hours ago, ChaoticDoomOfBob said:

That's very inaccurate. There is no such thing in this game.

I guess the video I was watching was misinformed then, that or I completely misunderstood what it was saying. Anyway, thank you for the correction :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

I too had this issue, ingame when you are supposed to load your friend list, nothing shows up or it shows friends who you don't intend to play with. However as you are play if you go to your home screen and then your game it will show friends who are playing the game granted they are not hidden, there will be a "join" option next to their name, once you join them the person needs to then touch the check point (red crystal) then you will be able to play in their game.

I don't know why the friends list ingame is so buggy, or why they couldn't just put a "invite to game" system, especially since the emphasis of this game is coop, but you gotta sit there and try and figure out other ways to do it, because the way they intend you to do it doesn't even work. 

Edited by VaNiDgE