Money Tips?

I can't be the only one to notice everything in this game is HELLA expensive! 5,000 G for a cow??? 20,000 G for a horse????? Excuse me?? And the large house requires a heart attack inducing 70,000 G!!! Why is everything so expensive compared to other games? Earning money is so slow here, too!

Am I missing something? Anyone have any money tips?

Please and thank you!

~ L.G. <3

2 hours ago, Lady_Galleth said:

Really? I've just been shipping them raw. I've seen some fish dishes [that rhymed. 1f60d.png] sell close to 300 or so. I've also been selling coconuts and coffee beans. 

You don't really want to sell all of your coconuts or coffee beans. You'll need them to make dishes to keep your stamina up when you go to Pastilla and one of the other towns. 

I just did a test. Turnips sell for 40G each, but if you make the Turnip Salad it sells for 120G each. Eggs are 100G each, but just a regular Fried Egg nets 300G. So you're making a roughly triple profit! Nice little profit!

Edited by nvrl8dispatch
Addition to text. Didn't want to double post.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A system I set up involves fruit trees. Now this is literally the old saying "It takes money to make money." I set it up so all 5 of my peach, cherry, and orange trees can be harvested at the same time. I then use these to make 5 Orange Punch which sell for 6,000G each every 4 or 5 days. Sadly I forgot how much I had to spend getting the receipe and all the trees cost 45,000G so it does take time to earn your money back and start making a profit.

You can also check out this post at Gamefaqs about how people have found a way to make money. It does sound like post game though but should be possible earlier.

• 2 months later...

Look for "white knight" seed asap (they pop at 8:00 AM in jungle area near first mine, you can save/load abuse to make them pop), plant and sell 15 to unlock seeds in shop in 3rd town, buy seeds and mutate them in "moulin rouge" (spring, fertilized, jungle, jungle is the big farm between first and second town), plant, mutate and sell 10 of them to unlock seeds in shop in 4th town, buy seeds at 500g and sell "moulin rouges" for 1600g netting 1100g per plot every 4 days, with base tools upgrade (1x3) you can serve about 100 plots per day with no problem (good spot to do this in jungle farm) to get 110000g every 4 days.

EDIT: other good choices are Burning Lanterns (1200g each, harvested 3 times per plant) and Eclipse (2330g, mutation of Moulin Rouge), but these are later game choices.

Edited by gafpiratehook

• 7 months later...

Decided to get back into this game and came up with this idea. It's mostly late game to work best, and need the large field open in Calisson, but the default fields will work too. You'll need to have sold enough Rye seeds to buy them in Calisson plus have the Rye bread cooking recipe (can't recall where it comes from). 2 super sprinklers in the 9x12 field with the first 5 down from the top and 5 across, and the second 5 across and 3 up from the bottom will water the entire field.

With the update patches installed each Rye seed will cost 50G (instead of 500G). 99 of them will cost 4,950G. After harvesting them go to your kitchen and use 3 to cook Rye bread. Each bread sells for 4,320G or a 4,120G profit after the cost of buying 3 seeds. 33 Rye breads (3 per bread) will bring in 142,560G with 137,610G in profit every 4 days.

Best part is Rye can grow all year long here (according to the info from the game) so you shouldn't have to worry about it wilting away.

EDIT: Read the post above and was based on the 500G seeds instead of 50G. Might be quicker, but above mentioned crops/flowers have limited best growing seasons and could possibly wilt on you if planned out of season.

Edited by Caldor2K2