Cannot download PS5 version

Hey guys, so I put the disc in, downloaded version 1.05, launched the game and to my surprise I cannot upload my 106% save to the cloud, let alone launch the PS5 version. I noticed some people are already playing it and some have even used their saves to get the Platinum trophy immediately. What’s going on? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for your help!

Are you getting an error? Took me about 15 attempts to upload mine for it to finally work - just keep trying.

Regarding the PS5 - either look in the store (with the disc in the drive) Or, if you press Options on the tile (the PS4 version), you should have 'Game Version' at the bottom. Click on that and you can swap to the PS5 version.

Also, once you've got the PS5 version installed, if it won't download your save - again, keep trying. Took about 8 or 9 attempts to download the save on my verison. Plus, it only downloaded once the game was fully installed, not when it was partially installed and bootable.

38 minutes ago, LucasDiasC said:

Why can't you upload your ps4 save? Worked fine for me after the patch.

To launch the ps5 version, I used a digital copy but it should be the same, you just need to search for the version tagged as 'free upgrade' on the store and redeem it. 

Thanks, that’s what I needed to do. 

10 minutes ago, turniplord said:

Are you getting an error? Took me about 15 attempts to upload mine for it to finally work - just keep trying.

Regarding the PS5 - either look in the store (with the disc in the drive) Or, if you press Options on the tile (the PS4 version), you should have 'Game Version' at the bottom. Click on that and you can swap to the PS5 version.

Also, once you've got the PS5 version installed, if it won't download your save - again, keep trying. Took about 8 or 9 attempts to download the save on my verison. Plus, it only downloaded once the game was fully installed, not when it was partially installed and bootable.

I just don’t see the prompt on my 106% save file to upload it to the cloud. Weirdly enough, I see it for my second 57% save file.

37 minutes ago, Thephoenixshow said:

Hasn't come up for me yet either it just says you own the following product

Are you in the UK/EU?

If so, go here: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0002-PPSA02433_00-CB4THEGAME000001?PlatformPrivacyWs1=all&psappver=19.15.0&smcid=psapp

It's the old store. It may have a price but when you add it to your basket and look, it should be discounted to zero. That's what I had to do (my original PS4 copy was a review copy though).

I have the same problem when I try to download the ps5 upgrade via psn store it says I already own the game

https://i.imgur.com/cZie20b.jpg

when I check the game versions there are two ps4 versions, the first one the original ps4 game 

idRlU6y.jpg

the second one it's just locked and can't really launch it at all and this what happened when I try

https://i.imgur.com/RoCed9z.jpg

Edited by Espada-girl

I cant get the free upgrade because it says something like this :

"you already own a product called

Crash Bandicoot 4:Its about Time - Tracker" 

Nice Error message . I own the Crash 4 digital ps4 Version.

I think they messed up somethings in the store ......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turniplord said:

Are you in the UK/EU?

If so, go here: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0002-PPSA02433_00-CB4THEGAME000001?PlatformPrivacyWs1=all&psappver=19.15.0&smcid=psapp

It's the old store. It may have a price but when you add it to your basket and look, it should be discounted to zero. That's what I had to do (my original PS4 copy was a review copy though).

get the same issue there for some reason 

If you're having an issue still - grab images and show them to Activision on Twitter. SEGA had the same issue with Yakuza the other week. Also, call the PlayStation customer support and explain it to them. That's what I did and Yakuza was fixed within about 12 hours.

For once, I'm surprised our review version upgraded but regular consumer ones aren't.

Okay, if you have the disc or digital edition, put the ps5 version in your basket. It should go from charging you to saying it's free.

If you have the disc, you need it in the drive when you add to your basket.

This happened to me and a friend just tried it on his with the disc... It acts like it's not free, but in the basket it discounts the whole price to zero.

34 minutes ago, turniplord said:

If you're having an issue still - grab images and show them to Activision on Twitter. SEGA had the same issue with Yakuza the other week. Also, call the PlayStation customer support and explain it to them. That's what I did and Yakuza was fixed within about 12 hours.

For once, I'm surprised our review version upgraded but regular consumer ones aren't.

You can see lot of people posting a screenshot of this problem on Twitter already . Im not in a hurry , im not planning to play it soon again .

2 hours ago, Xionx said:

I cant get the free upgrade because it says something like this :

"you already own a product called

Crash Bandicoot 4:Its about Time - Tracker" 

Nice Error message . I own the Crash 4 digital ps4 Version.

I think they messed up somethings in the store ......

Same for me I have Digital Version of the game, probably activision fix it 

1 hour ago, Domino_Destructo said:

Well, maybe not tomorrow, it's weekend, let's be realistic, but it should be fixed during the next ps store update.

Well, maybe not tomorrow, it's weekend, let's be realistic, but it should be fixed during the next ps store update.

True true 

Doesn't matter - it's a Sony store issue - Sony works every day. Yakuza was fixed the same day, it doesn't have to wait for a store update, fixes can be pushed in the background at any time.

I've flagged over 80 issues with games not appearing on the store via the PS5 console (yes, there have been over 80 games not showing on the store when they do on the PS4 and the website). I've reported every one to the publishers and devs, with almost all of them appearing within minutes of the publisher fixing the backend issue. This'll be a similar thing - once they pinpoint the issue, it'll be fixed almost straight away.

5 minutes ago, Kooky_Spooky_ said:

Problem FIXED happy gaming =)

Good news! Thanks for the info.

On 14.03.2021 at 2:07 AM, turniplord said:

Doesn't matter - it's a Sony store issue - Sony works every day.

They didn't fix it on weekend so I guess it does matter if it's working days.

Edited by Domino_Destructo