opinion on the difficulty of the game

xRagnarLodbrok

Good morning all,

first of all know that I have never played a dark soul except Bloodborne and that I have platinum. Regarding Demon's Soul, what is this difficulty worth? Is it harder than Bloodborne or the Death March witcher 3?

I admit that I am interested in the adventure but I am afraid to start and not to pass the turntable

Sincerely, thank you

1 minute ago, sepheroithisgod said:

C'est beaucoup plus facile que Bloodborne, vous ne devriez pas avoir de problèmes.

Thank you very much friend, I thought I heard that the turntable was harder than Bloodborne. Once Valhalla is finished, I will let myself be tempted by the adventure!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, xRagnarLodbrok said:

Good morning all,

first of all know that I have never played a dark soul except Bloodborne and that I have platinum. Regarding Demon's Soul, what is this difficulty worth? Is it harder than Bloodborne or the Death March witcher 3?

I admit that I am interested in the adventure but I am afraid to start and not to pass the turntable

Sincerely, thank you

Imo I'd give it a 6/10 with the trophies changing so much more from the ps3 version.  That said, I give it that rating with using the guide on psnprofiles. I also had the expensive edition to avoid tge grind for the ring. The toughest bosses for me were the maneaters but with patience you could get people to join quite a bit before boss doors. Bloodbone was more difficult to me but I waited for tge dlc to drop even after having it it since launch to really get into it so I didn't have as much help. Still, solo on demons souls feels great amd much easier with a good build. I was a melee/magic user and went for Sage Friek asap for his stronger magic and poison can help you destroy bosses if you want to take longer than you should on them.

• Like 1

Ignoring some of the more obtuse mechanics, the gameplay is about 4/10. There's obviously a feeling out process if it's your first Soulsian experience, but overall the game is pretty fair in terms of pure difficulty.

• Like 1

I think the greatest challenge is getting to the bosses, you will die any number of times doing that.

The bosses themselves are pretty good challenge, but not crazy.

In 4-2 wear the thief ring to get rid of the mantas agro.  It's the only level with no shortcut to the boss, you will have an easier time this way.

Merci à tous pour vos conseils! Une fois que j'aurais platiné Valhalla je me lancerai sur Demon's Soul! C'est décidé ^^

Google Translate:
"Thank you all for your advice! Once I have platinum Valhalla I will go to Demon's Soul! It's decided ^^"

Edited by DaivRules
Posted English translation, all forum posts need to be in English.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The PS3 version is a 6/10 in difficulty imo once you're done with it- very difficult at first with a steep enough learning curve but if you stick with it and observe and learn then it becomes challenging but very manageable so I would expect the PS5 version to be similar enough, though I see from some trophies I have to take down some bosses in ways I didn't on the PS3- Tower Knight without killing the archers above? Oof.

Edited by Stan Lee