Blueblur86

Can't Earn "Overpowered" Onslaught Trophy?!

14 posts in this topic

Hey everyone. I got the platinum trophy for the PS5 Version of Black Ops Cold War already with 100%. I decided to come back and 100% the PS4 version and am stuck dead in my tracks with reunlocking the "Overpowered" Onslaught DLC trophy. This freakin' trophy will NOT unlock no matter what I tried. I killed Megatons, Mimics, and Manglers with every support weapon you can possibly get. I also tried all of the maps and even playing Locally and completely offline. Nothing but countless wasted hours. If anyone knows a trick or method to make this re-pop on the PS4 version, I'd love to hear it.

 

A few things I think are possible: Either I can't earn this trophy due to playing the PS4 version on the PS5, or I guess I'll have to keep doing this endlessly until it eventually decides to give it to me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Can u unlink your activision account and try it out with a new one? Maybe its like saved on the server of your Activision Account? Hope u understand what i trying to say here 

Edited by Schrimpey
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Schrimpey said:

Can u unlink your activision account and try it out with a new one? Maybe its like saved on the server of your Activision Account? Hope u understand what i trying to say here 

I'll look into that! Great idea!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did this work? I am having the same issue

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sn3akysaxo said:

Did this work? I am having the same issue

Unfortunately, it did not on my end. The hunt for a solution continues. 🤔

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Blueblur86CP said:

Unfortunately, it did not on my end. The hunt for a solution continues. 1f914.png

what a shame.... Is this the only trophy left ? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Schrimpey said:

what a shame.... Is this the only trophy left ? 

For me on the PS4 version, I got to redo the campaign trophies, Dead Ops Arcade 3 and this one singular Onslaught trophy if I ever find a way. I'm worried about going all the way to the Mamaback and defeating her with no trophy in return. 😂

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

So, I started with the PS5 version, 100%’d it, and then transitioned to the PS4 version and was able to get all of the other trophies again aside from, same as you, the Overpowered trophy. I came on here to see if anyone had the same problem and here you are. There was no issues unlocking any of the other trophies, but I am stuck unable to get the Overpowered trophy. I will try to unlink my Activision account and delete my local save files and update you here if it fixes my issue.

 

EDIT: After trying both ideas and playing Onslaught in Offline mode, I still was not able to get the trophy to pop. If anyone finds a fix for this, please do let me know. Thanks!

Edited by Veftx
Update
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay maybe one of you should write the support or something and tell them your problem? 

Maybe its a know bug already and they are working on it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

In my experience it only works on Megatons. Elite Zombies are only Megatons as the other type of zombies were added later. I got it with the cruise missile killing both splitted megatons.

Unlinking your account and deleting the save does nothing so don't bother doing it.

 

Of course I did everything after getting the platinum on ps5, and I'm playing ps4 version on ps5

Edited by Accursed_Chocobo
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Accursed_Chocobo said:

In my experience it only works on Megatons. Elite Zombies are only Megatons as the other type of zombies were added later. I got it with the cruise missile killing both splitted megatons.

Unlinking your account and deleting the save does nothing so don't bother doing it.

 

Of course I did everything after getting the platinum on ps5, and I'm playing ps4 version on ps5

I don't think that's correct. I killed a Mangler on PS4 version and got the trophy. I believe and it unlocked ONLY when you're the only one to damage it. For example, I did onslaught with one of my good friends, but, despite reaching the requirements, we couldn't unlock this trophy. So we had to go into our own solo games (online) and then we each killed a specialist zombie by ourselves and it popped for each of us.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Nitro said:

I don't think that's correct. I killed a Mangler on PS4 version and got the trophy. I believe and it unlocked ONLY when you're the only one to damage it. For example, I did onslaught with one of my good friends, but, despite reaching the requirements, we couldn't unlock this trophy. So we had to go into our own solo games (online) and then we each killed a specialist zombie by ourselves and it popped for each of us.

I did it too with one of my friends and I reduced both splitted megatons health and he only used the cruise and got the trophy.

At this point I don't even know how it really works. I'm pretty sure when I did it it didn't unlock killing Mimics but unlocked only with megatons.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I was having this issue as you can see above, same as everyone else. I finally unlocked it after being convinced the trophy was glitched. As suggested above, you need to kill BOTH of the split Megatons with a support (in my case, I used a War Machine). I also used Ring of Fire to make it easier. You don’t have to kill the main Megaton with the support. Just the split ones. I hope this helps someone who also unfortunately runs into this issue. The trophy’s description needs to be changed, or they need to fix the requirements. Good luck, everyone.

Edited by Veftx
Spelling
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2021 at 5:09 PM, Veftx said:

I was having this issue as you can see above, same as everyone else. I finally unlocked it after being convinced the trophy was glitched. As suggested above, you need to kill BOTH of the split Megatons with a support (in my case, I used a War Machine). I also used Ring of Fire to make it easier. You don’t have to kill the main Megaton with the support. Just the split ones. I hope this helps someone who also unfortunately runs into this issue. The trophy’s description needs to be changed, or they need to fix the requirements. Good luck, everyone.

Well, I'll be darned. That actually worked after another hour of trying. Solution found and trophy popped! Thank you so much! 😃👍

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.