janky teleportations

im a fan of the original version of this game and the graphics on the remaster are really great. but there is some clanky janky mechanics going on in this game. one of the most annoying is when your going 200mph and for no reason the camera angle turns on to the side of your car. i dont know if this is a glitch in the game or if its my right analog stick being worn out and drifting on its own. it seems to happen mostly during beginning of matches though or when you dont need it to happen which is always

another thing ive notice is teleporting. traffic will just appear in front of you or disappear. and sometimes the ai just disappears and re appears on a totally different side of the map sending you to think wtf??

all in all i would say the game is still worth getting. i got it $20 sealed on ebay. but it does have these slight wtf bugs.

I had that camera problem too. I thought it was just my joystick because I know it has problems. The camera would spin around my car on it's own. Was really annoying when I was getting the single player trophies. Traffic spawning in front of you has been around since the original and unfortunately it was carried over to the remaster. https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/997659-need-for-speed-hot-pursuit/57519886

• Like 1

19 hours ago, goroh16 said:

I had that camera problem too. I thought it was just my joystick because I know it has problems. The camera would spin around my car on it's own. Was really annoying when I was getting the single player trophies. Traffic spawning in front of you has been around since the original and unfortunately it was carried over to the remaster. https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/997659-need-for-speed-hot-pursuit/57519886

i dont recall it happening in the original but i do remember the traffic basically turning at you as if they want you to crash. it was like they were magnets. it dont seem as bad in this one. i just had another race where i was a cop chasing the racers and one racers teleported in front of me and was driving right at me LOL the game got so confused it made it disappear and teleported it to another part of the screen as i watched its icon on the mini map move.

glad to know its not my controller making the camera go bonkers

Doesn't traffic spawn quite the same-ish for every time u restart the race? I noticed sometimes on the rapid responses that traffic is set at the same 'points' during your run, however its not 'exactly' the same, to me it looked like it was always 'a tad later in time' (like if a car coming towards is just before a turn, then ur next try it would be already in that turn)

On 3/14/2021 at 8:09 AM, AdruA_ said:

Doesn't traffic spawn quite the same-ish for every time u restart the race? I noticed sometimes on the rapid responses that traffic is set at the same 'points' during your run, however its not 'exactly' the same, to me it looked like it was always 'a tad later in time' (like if a car coming towards is just before a turn, then ur next try it would be already in that turn)

yah id say the traffic is usually in the same spots that ive noticed. give or take a few feet if your a little ahead or behind on time. 

i hate to keep bitching but man this camera angle going sideways is really fucking me up trying to get gold on some of these events. on one map every single shortcut made the camera go sideways and i couldnt unlock it off and crashed. its really shitty to be acing a entire race just for the camera angle to fling sideways and you lose all speed and nail a wall. ithey should just have a way you can disable the camera and have it at a fixed angle because who the hell is trying to look sideways at their car going 180mph lol