Mirrors1118

For the people who plan to get 100%/plat on both version and plan to start ps5 version first

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

For the people who plan to get 100% on both version and plan to play ps5 version first: There's a chance where when importing the save from PS5 version to PS4 version the game will crash after completing the transfer. I'm not sure what triggers it but if you encounter this glitch most of the trophies won't autopop. The way I got it to work is to create a new playthrough first and then upload the save to cloud > Import the save from PS5. The game will crash > Quit the game and download the cloud save and overwrite it. For some reason the ps5 100% save was there when I downloaded the cloud save. A lot of trophies won't autopop when you import ps5 save to ps4.  You have to manually trigger them again by completing certain missions for the trophies to unlock. Because of this my obtain order are all messed up. :(

There are also a bunch of trophies that won't unlock if you encountered this glitch even if you already unlocked them in the ps5 version.

- All kodama related trophies. You need to either start a new playthrough or upload a save when there's one more kodama to collect. 

- Made a total of 60 requests at the blacksmith. The trophy won't unlock if you maxed out your requests.

- Completed any mission while transformed into a woman./ Use a disguise. When I imported the save all the disguises I unlocked in ps5 version are gone. Workaround is to import the save while you are already in a female character disguise and then complete 1 mission.

- Completed "The Demon King Revealed." The trophy won't unlock if you've already completed this mission. Either start a new playthrough or import a save before finishing this mission.

- Collect all guardian spirits. You need to either start a new playthrough or upload a save when there's one more spirit to collect. 

- Collected all the best materials.

- Became Ryunoshin the dung lover's best friend.

I recommend just start ps4 version first and then get 100% on ps5 by using cross-save. Tbh framewise both versions run about the same. Ps4 version just has a slightly longer loading time. 

Edited by Mirrors1118

Well that's just wonderful. I'm working my way through way of the demon at the moment (on ps5). Might just hide the ps4 version because I'm sitting at about 200 hours play time and don't want to start over on such a grindy game. 

Interesting, thanks for the heads up!

I already got the PS4 platinum years ago but never got any trophies from the DLC. I'm just about close to 100%ing the game on PS5 (Already got the plat and DLC1 done), and was hoping a crossave upload would pop the trophies for the DLC too. That'll be interesting to see. If the 102 WotD missions trophy autopops the rest might not feel so bad to get again manually, depending on what doesn't pop I guess!

I want to update this and say that after I got the 100% in Nioh on PS5, I copied my save and downloaded it to the PS4 version. Most of the trophies popped for me once I loaded the save (saved to it's own spot instead of overwriting the current save). The only trophies that didn't pop were mission objectives in the DLC (DO NOT DELETE ANY OF YOUR HOLY TRINITY ITEMS!) and some weapon mastery trophies because I didn't have it purchased at the time. I hope this helps anyone who is looking to go PS5 to PS4.

11 hours ago, BIackgate said:

I want to update this and say that after I got the 100% in Nioh on PS5, I copied my save and downloaded it to the PS4 version. Most of the trophies popped for me once I loaded the save (saved to it's own spot instead of overwriting the current save). The only trophies that didn't pop were mission objectives in the DLC (DO NOT DELETE ANY OF YOUR HOLY TRINITY ITEMS!) and some weapon mastery trophies because I didn't have it purchased at the time. I hope this helps anyone who is looking to go PS5 to PS4.

Ok good to know it's not fully glitched. I've edited my post so people can be beware of potential of glitching when playing first on ps5 and how to solve it. Don't know what really triggered it. ☹️

1 hour ago, Mirrors1118 said:

Ok good to know it's not fully glitched. I've edited my post so people can be beware of potential of glitching when playing first on ps5 and how to solve it. Don't know what really triggered it. 2639.png

They released a small update about a week ago, perhaps that fixed the problem? I was worried when I saw your post and I thought I would give it a shot to see what happened. I was surprised to see so many trophies pop. I assume you already went back and re-did everything to finish off your trophies, but I wonder if trying to re-do the upload/download would have made a difference.

I don't have the dlc for nioh 1 on ps4, but if i did 100% on ps5 will i be able to unlock all dlc trophies form nioh on ps4 via cloud save?

On 6/14/2021 at 7:16 AM, rwd1997 said:

I don't have the dlc for nioh 1 on ps4, but if i did 100% on ps5 will i be able to unlock all dlc trophies form nioh on ps4 via cloud save?

I had dlc for nioh 1 on ps4 so can't 100% confirm if the dlc trophies that are supposed to autupop will autopop if you don't have the dlc. But there are a bunch of trophies in dlc that you need to trigger again by replaying the level. (e.g., Destroyed all the destructible cannons in "The Sanada's Resolve.")

8 hours ago, Mirrors1118 said:

I had dlc for nioh 1 on ps4 so can't 100% confirm if the dlc trophies that are supposed to autupop will autopop if you don't have the dlc. But there are a bunch of trophies in dlc that you need to trigger again by replaying the level. (e.g., Destroyed all the destructible cannons in "The Sanada's Resolve.")

That's a shame, i was hopping i wold get at least one free dlc stack from plus. Thx for the answer, i will just focus on the ps5 then.