Sharing is Caring questions

So the trophy Sharing is Caring is confusing to me.
1. Do I need PSN friends who have Black Flag?
2. Do they need to play the game at the same time as I do?
3. Do I need Uplay?
4. Do I need Uplay friends?
5. Does the red text in the statistics page matter?
6. If the wifi icon is active below the minimap (glowing white) does that mean that I should be able to see the events?
7. Do the events jump around the map?
8. How often are the events supposed to occur? I haven't found one in all my time playing this game.

I get conflicting information on these questions and it would be nice if someone could with some certainty answer them. So for me, I haven't seen a single event in all my time playing the game and I'm mostly worried that something is wrong.

• Like 1

I don’t know how it works tbh but I think I had a couple of friends on my friends list that had played it before, they weren’t still playing it and obviously wasn’t playing it at the same time as me but I think you need to have a few friends on your friends list that have at least played the game, I could be wrong though. Like I said I don’t really know how it works but they are completely random I think (they seemed to be for me anyway)

I think I looked at possible spawn locations and kept fast travelling to one and eventually as I fast travelled, a royal convoy (if that’s what they are called) spawned in my vicinity.

Sorry for the all over the place response but it was a while ago and that’s was what it was like for me 

The event showed up quite late for me as well and I was also worried.

9 minutes ago, ShaunJones94 said:

I don’t know how it works tbh but I think I had a couple of friends on my friends list that had played it before, they weren’t still playing it and obviously wasn’t playing it at the same time as me but I think you need to have a few friends on your friends list that have at least played the game, I could be wrong though. Like I said I don’t really know how it works but they are completely random I think (they seemed to be for me anyway)

I think I looked at possible spawn locations and kept fast travelling to one and eventually as I fast travelled, a royal convoy (if that’s what they are called) spawned in my vicinity.

Sorry for the all over the place response but it was a while ago and that’s was what it was like for me 

The event showed up quite late for me as well and I was also worried.

Thanks, can I also ask how far away do you need to be to see the events on the map?

Do I need to sail right next to them to see them?

14 minutes ago, Kaijumara said:

Thanks again, knowing this will help a lot! Still worried but knowing I'm not the only one who didn't get them early on at all helps. :)

Honestly don’t worry about it, just make it the last thing you go for and by then you should’ve had it. If not then worst case scenario is that you’ll have to do a bit of farming 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShaunJones94 said:

Honestly don’t worry about it, just make it the last thing you go for and by then you should’ve had it. If not then worst case scenario is that you’ll have to do a bit of farming 

Also do you mind if I add you to my friends list, for the odds of the events happening going up I mean and do you know if it's just PSN friends that are needed or Ubi friends?

Had no friends playing. Got the trophy at the beginning of sequence 4.

12 hours ago, Kaijumara said:

So the trophy Sharing is Caring is confusing to me.
1. Do I need PSN friends who have Black Flag?
2. Do they need to play the game at the same time as I do?
3. Do I need Uplay?
4. Do I need Uplay friends?
5. Does the red text in the statistics page matter?
6. If the wifi icon is active below the minimap (glowing white) does that mean that I should be able to see the events?
7. Do the events jump around the map?
8. How often are the events supposed to occur? I haven't found one in all my time playing this game.

I get conflicting information on these questions and it would be nice if someone could with some certainty answer them. So for me, I haven't seen a single event in all my time playing the game and I'm mostly worried that something is wrong.

1. No

2. No

3. I don't know since I had it.

4. No

5. Don't think so 

6. Yes

7. Not sure.

8. I don't know. Gone sessions without seeing one and others seeing multiple. 

11 hours ago, Kaijumara said:

Also do you mind if I add you to my friends list, for the odds of the events happening going up I mean and do you know if it's just PSN friends that are needed or Ubi friends?

Yeah you can add me, from what others have said, it doesn’t seem to affect the trophy but if you want to add me for your own peace of mind then feel free 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey I forgot to update everyone, I got this trophy now. Eventually I just found a whale then the other ones. So as long as that icon down in the corner is showing that you are online it should be fine even if it takes a lot of time.

I'll also answer my own questions to the best of my ability.

1-2. I have no idea if PSN friends affect the trophy at all. I do have friends who have played the game but none that played it while I did so they at least don't need to play at the same time.
3-4. I did eventually get Uplay so sorry to say i don't know if you need it or not but it did show up after I got Uplay (though after many hours.) That said I can definetly say you do not need Uplay friends.

5: The red text from what I can see doesn't matter. I could be wrong but I never did anything to fix it and I still got the trophy.
6: If the wifi icon is glowing events should spawn... eventually.
7-8: It's hard to say how and when the events spawn and how often. By the time I got my first event I had almost finished the game so don't be discouraged even if you don't get it earlier in the game.

Thanks again for the help everyone, now I'll I'll just need to worry about the online grind.