Optinooby

Blizzard Arcade Collection - Platinum Walkthrough in under 60 minutes

10 posts in this topic

Interesting!! Although I am personally going to try and play all games legit at least once, it is nice to know I can speed run through having to play each game so many times.

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Deano1337 said:

This is pretty awesome thank you. :)

2 hours ago, PatinumNumemon said:

Interesting!! Although I am personally going to try and play all games legit at least once, it is nice to know I can speed run through having to play each game so many times.

Yea its crazy how easy watch mode make it, think the Devs forgot to add the R&RR watch mode though ;)

I was tempted to play through them both myself as well, spent a lot of time on the originals back at release, but guess I only wanted to make this guide. Remember never gettimg TLV finished as levels were too hard ;)

Edited by Optinooby

The password system eliminates the need to play the entire games from scratch. I was lucky enough as a kid growing up to play both The Lost Vikings and Blackthorne. Never played Rock 'n Roll Racing.

3 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

The password system eliminates the need to play the entire games from scratch. I was lucky enough as a kid growing up to play both The Lost Vikings and Blackthorne. Never played Rock 'n Roll Racing.

The password system is required for quick R&RR trophies, for LV and BT though, its actually the watch mode system that makes them quick

LV and BT with passwords is about 1 hour for trophies, maybe bit more amd about a 2/10 difficulty perhaps

LV and BT with watch mode is 2 minutes for trophies and a 0/10 difficulty, quite literally xD

King of the Track took me a bit, but I am so glad I did it first. Once I changed the controls (R2 as gas and the other shoulder buttons as attacks/boosts) it cut down on the difficulty. Just keep spamming boost and lay down rear weapons (bombs) the moment you pass the starting line and each time you make a lap. Save your rockets for when you think an enemy is going to pass you.

I was doing laps around the AI by the time I got the hang of it. Then doing Rookie mode was a complete breeze on SNES, GEN and Def. Editions.

I played both The Lost Vikings and Blackthorne as a kid. Never was able to play Rock n’ Roll Racing. I was happy to see they used real music in the definitive version. 

Worth the price tag for me. All games that when compared to many 16-bit era games, they hold up reasonably well. 

Thanks for this. Many things to comment:

1. Like The Lion King + Aladdin, this is a GREAT remaster. Probably this is better.
2. Definitive Edition are AMAZING. Rock N' Roll Racing with real music, new voices and new characters. Really cool.
3. BlackThorne strange 32-bit version, I never played it and now I can play it.
4. A GREAT DOCUMENTARY EXPLAINING EVERYTHING ABOUT BLIZZARD AND THESE GAMES!!!!

Really, what a great game ladies and gentlemen. I just bought it for Xbox One, gonna buy it for PS4 eventually.

On 3/16/2021 at 0:01 PM, Spraragen88 said:

King of the Track took me a bit, but I am so glad I did it first. Once I changed the controls (R2 as gas and the other shoulder buttons as attacks/boosts) it cut down on the difficulty. Just keep spamming boost and lay down rear weapons (bombs) the moment you pass the starting line and each time you make a lap. Save your rockets for when you think an enemy is going to pass you.

I was doing laps around the AI by the time I got the hang of it. Then doing Rookie mode was a complete breeze on SNES, GEN and Def. Editions.

I just got king of track and king of rock (step 1 in the OP) by using 2 controllers.

It guarantees 3rd place every race.