Blizzard Arcade Collection - Platinum Walkthrough in under 60 minutes

4 hours ago, Deano1337 said:

This is pretty awesome thank you. :)

2 hours ago, PatinumNumemon said:

Interesting!! Although I am personally going to try and play all games legit at least once, it is nice to know I can speed run through having to play each game so many times.

Yea its crazy how easy watch mode make it, think the Devs forgot to add the R&RR watch mode though ;)

I was tempted to play through them both myself as well, spent a lot of time on the originals back at release, but guess I only wanted to make this guide. Remember never gettimg TLV finished as levels were too hard ;)

Edited by Optinooby

3 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

The password system eliminates the need to play the entire games from scratch. I was lucky enough as a kid growing up to play both The Lost Vikings and Blackthorne. Never played Rock 'n Roll Racing.

The password system is required for quick R&RR trophies, for LV and BT though, its actually the watch mode system that makes them quick

LV and BT with passwords is about 1 hour for trophies, maybe bit more amd about a 2/10 difficulty perhaps

LV and BT with watch mode is 2 minutes for trophies and a 0/10 difficulty, quite literally xD

King of the Track took me a bit, but I am so glad I did it first. Once I changed the controls (R2 as gas and the other shoulder buttons as attacks/boosts) it cut down on the difficulty. Just keep spamming boost and lay down rear weapons (bombs) the moment you pass the starting line and each time you make a lap. Save your rockets for when you think an enemy is going to pass you.

I was doing laps around the AI by the time I got the hang of it. Then doing Rookie mode was a complete breeze on SNES, GEN and Def. Editions.

• Like 1

I played both The Lost Vikings and Blackthorne as a kid. Never was able to play Rock n’ Roll Racing. I was happy to see they used real music in the definitive version. 

Worth the price tag for me. All games that when compared to many 16-bit era games, they hold up reasonably well. 

• 2 months later...

Thanks for this. Many things to comment:

1. Like The Lion King + Aladdin, this is a GREAT remaster. Probably this is better.
2. Definitive Edition are AMAZING. Rock N' Roll Racing with real music, new voices and new characters. Really cool.
3. BlackThorne strange 32-bit version, I never played it and now I can play it.
4. A GREAT DOCUMENTARY EXPLAINING EVERYTHING ABOUT BLIZZARD AND THESE GAMES!!!!

Really, what a great game ladies and gentlemen. I just bought it for Xbox One, gonna buy it for PS4 eventually.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/16/2021 at 0:01 PM, Spraragen88 said:

King of the Track took me a bit, but I am so glad I did it first. Once I changed the controls (R2 as gas and the other shoulder buttons as attacks/boosts) it cut down on the difficulty. Just keep spamming boost and lay down rear weapons (bombs) the moment you pass the starting line and each time you make a lap. Save your rockets for when you think an enemy is going to pass you.

I was doing laps around the AI by the time I got the hang of it. Then doing Rookie mode was a complete breeze on SNES, GEN and Def. Editions.

I just got king of track and king of rock (step 1 in the OP) by using 2 controllers.

It guarantees 3rd place every race.

• 4 months later...

Was waiting for a good sale on this and here we are. Couple things I noticed was how well made it is and I forgot how fun and cool Rock n Roll Racing was. The new definitive edition is just the best. I played all the games a bit and thought well this will be a long but mostly fun plat then I saw this thread. I too will play each legit but this will help eliminate some extra playthroughs. As an aside, in an April update they added two games, RPM Racing and Lost Vikings 2, but no new trophies were added.

• Like 1