How You Got Your PS5 Story

StreetWolf29

The PS5 is one of the hardest things to find and buy in these troubling times thanks to the shortage problem and scalpers who use bots and selling them at ridiculous prices. But thanks to tracking and security measures getting a PS5 console is a bit better than late 2020. So tell us your story on how you finally getting your hands on the beautiful PS5.

Note: please don't give details such as specific locations and addresses because there's people out there will steal your PS5 at home or even at the store you're picking the console.

P.S. No scalpers allowed!

Edited by Rexyfollower0
  • Like 2

When I heard about the PS5, I decided to skip the PS4 because I heard about the backward compatibility and I can save a lot when upgrading from the PS3. But the damn bot using scalpers made it impossible! Since November 2020 I've tried to get a console until early this year I heard about the tracking in Discord and decided to use to get a better chance of snagging a PS5 console. After many failed attempts, I decided to get a bundle at Best Buy and finally I did the checkout successfully!

• Like 2

Just now, KennethMcCormick said:

Once upon a time, a daring Kenny embarked on a quest to preorder a PS5. He walked for maybe 10 minutes until he reached a local shop where he waited roughly the same time to register for the coveted disc-edition Grail. There, the clerk warned him that he wouldn't get it on release day, but more likely the week after, on Friday. So it was a well pleased hero that received a phone call on Tuesday to tell him that he could come pick up his PS5. Time only will tell whether they lived happily ever after. The end.

Better love story than twilight ?

• Like 3

I managed to reload the GameStop page until I finally got one purchased in late November. (This was after trying all month and target camping as well, lmao). I actually couldn't even be excited once the order went through because I was just waiting to receive a cancellation email or something. It was too good to be true ?

Sure was happy when it came in, though!

• Like 1

Right when pre-orders hit, I was going crazy trying to add it to my cart on the Target App for hours at a time. Kept refreshing and adding over and over for hours. 

Finally got it one to go through checkout, but didn't realize the app still had my old address! So I went to change it and somehow saved it AS THE WRONG ADDRESS AGAIN. Now I would have no idea where it was headed, so I tried to change it once more. No dice. It wouldn't allow a second address change. 

I ended up cancelling the order like a total idiot, thinking I'd be able to get another in my cart. That never happened and I've been hunting ever since : (

• Like 2

Are you sure it’s easier to get a PS5 now? I still can’t see any stores with stock in Australia.

Anyway, I totally forgot about the first day of release as I was busy at work. Happened to check my emails and saw Target was doing pre-orders for the PS5. I clicked on the link and it took me nowhere, just kept loading and loading. Curiosity got the better of me and after some quick googling I realised they were all sold out ? Three hours later I check again and all the pre-order buttons have disappeared from every site. I finally check EB Games and they were doing pre-orders for a 2021 release date so I went with that. Fully expected to receive it sometime in 2021 but I get a call at the end of November asking me to come and pick up the console. Seemed almost too easy compared to the experiences I’ve read and heard about.

• Like 1

friends in high places. Got one at launch. Had it preordered a day before it opened for everyone else, and when it did open for everyone else, nobody got one. Just the regulars and major store shoppers. Everyone else was told they were sold out.

Edited by Infected Elite

Secured one through the sudden in-store Gamestop drop on December 12 where you could go in and they ordered one for delivery to your home, it got delivered exactly 2 weeks later on the day after Christmas. Since they only offered bundles it came with the (disc) system, extra controller, Miles Morales, and a year of PS Plus, I was fine with all the bundle contents honestly and was very glad I got one before 2021. I've been loving the system ever since and haven't had any real issues with it minus some crashes playing Spiderman Remastered. 

7 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Raged because I was too late every time then I found a damn scalper who sold it for my "maximum" price. 

Not proud of it but I wanted the console no matter what :D

scalper prices have gone down here from what I've seen.

Console is 629CDN+ tax. so lets say 700. Scalpers are goin for 800.

not bad tbh. If someone's already willing to pay 700, what's an extra 100 

I bought mine for 700 Euro from a Reseller in February. I had no luck to get one the normal way, and I searched since September. The Playstation 5 is harder to get in Germany as in other countries, don't know why.

Edited by Sikutai