How You Got Your PS5 Story

StreetWolf29

Tbh i just called a local store & asked if they would have any Pre Orders available for the PS5 & they said yes so i asked if i could have one & they told me sure i gave them my phone number & the next day they call me saying i have 2 hours to come in & pay for a pre order upfront or they cannot guaranty me one so i said ok i came in & bought it & on November 19th (Launch Day where i live) i came in & gave them my paper & they gave me my sweet sweet PS5 & the only funny thing to come out of this is when i picked it up a dude came in asking if he could buy one & they said they only had 2 left but they were all pre ordered & the dude came up to me & offered me 800 euros for it but i declined & luckily he was nice & didn't attempt to rob me : )

I didn't have a desire to get a PS5 from launch to begin with, I had a huge PS4 backlog, still do and I was gonna stick with that for a while. Didnt even bother attempting to preorder when it first went up but then for some reason the urge just took over. Fortunately this coincided with a restock at Smyths and I managed to nab one. I'm in the market for another but I'll wait til this supply issue has played itself out

Managed to pre-order one of the very few units they made available in my country back in September 2020. Official release date was December 4, but it was delivered on the 18th.

I was immensely lucky as it's still sold out everywhere and my friends haven't been able to get their consoles yet. Hope this stock issue gets solved soon.

I'm in a group of likeminded gamers and one of them got some sort of lenghty code to put in site settings to have every PS5 bundle available in your cart at one of our big electronics retailers and if it would be in stock you'd get to process your order immediately without having to put item to cart and waste valuable seconds.

One day he would call me to send him my address. Quickly put through and got a bundle with ease.

helloImD.png

Mine seems like most peoples issues. I've waited in lines,  I called constantly,  tracked the Twitter profiles and streamers but what got me mine back in late November was nowinstock and the second I saw playstation was selling them from their site I hopped on it and waited in a finally fixed yet still randomized queue on 2 tabs for my phone (one normal, one incognito). The incognito one got me in within 15 minutes while I was driving home so I pulled over and waited and unfortunately ended up with a digital only version since that's all they had that day. I settled for it because I have a ps4 pro and slim for my disks and thankfully I purchased most cross-gen games digitally minus yakuza 7 so I had to buy that again(I love yakuza so no big loss).  Plus I will likely buy a second one when there are plenty with a disk drive for my living room.

Long story short, lots of waiting outside with failed stock trackers, insider Intel from friends,  and many many failed attempts from walmart.com and son'ys site, I was lucky enough to get it early...ish...

Edited by RoxasOnFire

My friends rang me and woke me up. All local retailers were out. So I went on amazon and and they were on there. So I pre ordered one.

1 hour ago, helloImD said:

I'm in a group of likeminded gamers and one of them got some sort of lenghty code to put in site settings to have every PS5 bundle available in your cart at one of our big electronics retailers and if it would be in stock you'd get to process your order immediately without having to put item to cart and waste valuable seconds.

One day he would call me to send him my address. Quickly put through and got a bundle with ease.

helloImD.png

So he had scalping code. Nice...

8 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Got mine today from a woman who sold it unopened for retail price becuase her spoiled son didn't want a PS5 he wanted a Xbox. My mom would have slapped the shit out of me if i was that spoiled as a 10 year old kid.

His loss my gain! 

What a selfish kid, wow.

With all the horror stories of bots, scalpers, etc. I decided that I was going to wait for a long while until I tried to get one.

Last week, though, I got an E-mail from Sony that provided a time/date and a link to the PlayStation Direct store for their upcoming restock. I looked into it and I guess they were sending out invite links to select people. 

I decided to give it a try when the time came. I sat in the queue and was lucky enough to be pushed to the front of the queue within a minute or so. From there, I was able to pick out my console and was able to checkout and place order with no hassle. It arrived 2 days later.

Got an email notification on my phone from JB saying they were taking preorders, hit the link half an hour later, added to cart and threw down the $50 they wanted. A month later, they messaged saying I have a week to pay the rest in full to secure my day 1 ps5. EZPZ. A week later I realised how lucky I was ?

• Like 1

Nothing special happened. Pre-ordered when it was announced at EB Games, went to pick it up on launch day on 12 Nov or whenever it was at soon as the store opened. There was no one there when I arrived. It was unusually quiet tbh.

Pure luck, I was on the GAME website to buy PSN credit, When I went to pay I had to join a queue to pay so I thought somethig was happening. I checked the internet and sites were going nuts that GAME had PS5 bundles for sale. I was in the queue for 15 miinutes but social media pages were saying there were queues of over an hour. I found the bundles and put bundle with Miles Morales in my basket and the PSN credit as well went to pay and then the site crashed. After 45 minutes of trying to get back in, it finally happened. PS% was out of stock. I was gutted, so close and yet so far. It was then I noticed the bundle was still in my basket. I kept refreshing just in case but the dreaded "out of stock" kept coming up. After about an hour and a half I tried it again and to my surprise, it went through to the payment screen. I paid, ordered special delivery and waited for the confirmation email. It came through in less than a week and my life returned to normal, no more swearing at scalpers.

I managed to pre-order both mine & my sister's in the second drop (The 25th September batch) literally 10-15 minutes apart while I was at work.

Mine I got from GAME in a bundle with an extra controller (GAME had announced a drop incoming the night before) & I correctly predicted a late morning drop & joined the que to long it at around 10.15am. Got into the website around 11.30am (it only let you log in for an hour or a single checkout & then logged you out again) right as the bundles started going live. Again I correctly predicted in what I chose & went for a bundle showing as out of stock & 2 refreshes later it was showing as in stock so I added to basket, straight to checkout & the rest was history.

As for my sister's one a few minutes later, I saw talk on Twitter about a Smyths drop, took a few attempts to get onto the website, saw it was in stock, took a few more attempts to load the page & then a few more to get to the checkout but managed to bag that one too.

Not too bad for about 20-30 minutes on a mobile phone with network data (which isn't the fastest where I live). Not had to look since but seeing all the trouble people are having, am glad I got mine when I did.

On 3/21/2021 at 11:23 PM, Ac3dUd3- said:

Nothing special happened. Pre-ordered when it was announced at EB Games, went to pick it up on launch day on 12 Nov or whenever it was at soon as the store opened. There was no one there when I arrived. It was unusually quiet tbh.

It was a Thursday and we have to work ? :)

My local EB, the workers don't even have one yet.

On the European Launch day, some online retailers were selling them at a specific time in the morning - which led to website crashes, massive demand, bots etc so they sold out within the minute and it was impossible to get one during the morning. I almost managed to get one, put one in the cart and started entering card details but the website glitched out, so when I backed up to refresh, the consoles were already out of stock sadly..

Then later in the afternoon, I randomly checked the same retailer which was selling the most and they "ninja-released" a few during 12-2PM without any announcement, so I quickly ordered one for myself and told 2 friends to get one fast. All 3 of us were successful and the PS5s were delivered 5-8th December.

Then days before Christmas, one I preordered in September arrived so I sold it to my 3rd friend who happened to be AFK by 3 minutes when I told him to buy when the rest of us did. He also tested positive for COVID the day after I met him and sold him the PS5, so he was able to have a happy quarantine and luckily I didn't get infected...

Edited by Erkawest

37 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

It was a Thursday and we have to work ? :)

My local EB, the workers don't even have one yet.

Yea but I assumed people would take a day off and there would have been a big crowd, a new console happens once a decade give or take. If CoD had midnight launches full of all ages I had thought the ps5 launch would have had some people lol.

I booked 2 days annual leave to get the 4 day weekend months in advance

Edited by Ac3dUd3-

I was fortunate enough to be selected to pre-order directly from Sony back in mid-September. I got in line, placed my order, and my console arrived day one on November 12th, 2020. I'm really grateful that I was lucky enough to have a very stress free process securing one. Best of luck to everyone struggling out there.

The day it was coming out, I entered one of those Sony Direct Queues, and people entering behind me were getting them. And I was like wtf? So I was scrolling thru the Wario64 twitter and this one guy was buried in the comments with 0 likes on his tweet. It said 'as soon as you load the queue hit STOP on your browser'. I tried it, it worked and I ordered the ps5. I was pretty stunned.

Edited by StingX2