How You Got Your PS5 Story

StreetWolf29

I was following Now in Stock alerts through the Telegram app, and one day at the end of January I received an alert for Walmart having stock at 2 pm, so I used my laptop and filled out all the billing and shipping information beforehand. At exactly 2 pm I somehow got one in the cart and ordered before Walmart created a waiting room for the restock. Super lucky.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't technically have it yet. But I used the HotStock app, which gives you notifications when a store gets them in stock, then you fight the asshole scalpers to get lucky. So a couple days ago I got the notification that Best Buy got them in stock. Of course I kept getting errors with it entering my cart...and nearly just gave up, if you don't have it after a few minutes you can pretty much expect it to be sold out. But after nearly 10 minutes my cart finally loaded, and the payment went through.

Unfortunately I wasn't allowed to choose it being shipped to me, had to do in store pick up. Best Buy says it won't be ready until the 4th of July, so I'll hopefully have it then (or the next day). But it doesn't quite feel real yet...I'm still half expecting them to cancel the order. 

• 2 weeks later...

i kind of accidentally preordered one.... me and my boyfriend were discussing the night before how we weren't going to get one right away because there weren't any games we'd want in a hurry. the next day the preorders went up and it was a slow day at work so i was watching the amazon preorder to see how quick they sold out except the website was glitched and everytime you clicked on the ps5 it took you back to the amazon homepage. i went to twitter to see how many angry people were there and one of the first posts i saw was a direct link to buy one. as it was there and it was the first thing i saw i clicked and it took me to a ps5 in my basket, so i thought fuck it it's obviously fate and preordered it 

• 2 weeks later...

I just managed to get a second PS5 from GameStop. I'm in disbelief. I wasn't trying at all to get another one at all.

I don't even know what I'm going to do with it.

My launch console is sitting at my job. Maybe I give this second one to my half brother.

Just clicked on a random GameFAQs thread and in it someone said bundles were going live in a few minutes. Just kept spamming F5 and trying to add the bundle to my cart. It went in after like 15 or so minutes.

My Story isn't that interesting. I watched the Playstation 5 Event, where they give informations about the price and stuff.. as we all know this was the evening where they started to let people preorder it.
Iwas so tired that I just fell asleep before Preorders where possible.

And I literally woke up at 5 AM, checked Amazon, was able to preorder and went back to sleep xD Lucky me! 

After repeated no luck getting a PS5 through normal means, got tipped off the rewards points club I used got a couple for points redeeming perks. The number of points needed was super high and was the only means of obtaining it (couldn't spend money in lieu), which meant the item was available for longer than the 30seconds all other failed attempts were up. Luckily, about a decade of saving up points had meant I had juuuuuust enough for it, and now I'm not only a proud owner of a PS5, but also arguably got it for *free* ?.

• 2 weeks later...

Pre-orders on Amazon. One of the first times the console went up for pre-order on Amazon someone found a weird link that automatically added it to your cart before the listing was even live. You couldn't see anything other than the item price so I felt like I was taking somewhat of a gamble. I went ahead and pre-ordered it, and within a few minutes the listing sold out. After about 15-20 minutes the item finally showed up properly as a PS5 on my order screen. A few days later PS Direct emailed me asking if I wanted to buy one from them. I didn't want to pass up the opportunity for any future invitations so I used the link and ordered a second PS5 from Direct. I got both on launch day and sold the extra to my friend who wanted one at cost. Pretty lucky! 

I walked into a shop and bought it at retail, over the counter.

I placed my pre-order in store on 24th of June, got a confirmation phone call that it had arrived on the 26th of June, so I went and picked it up 3 hours later. Had it set up the following day and was playing it on the 27th... paid £590 total for the console with Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, Balan Wonderworld, a second controller, analogue track-pads, and a USB charge cable.

Later spent about £130 on more games, which bought me: Spirit Of The North, Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Immortals Fenyx Rising, and Planet Coaster. I also have Spider-Man Remastered (incl. Spider-Man: Miles Morales) which was a Christmas present bought by someone who thought I was getting a PS5 on release. 

On launch day, Walmart had 3 slots to order PS5s; 3pm, 6pm, and 9pm. I couldn't add a PS5 to my cart in the first time slot. Added it to cart, but couldn't checkout during the second slot. Used the PS5 in my I added during the second slot and checked it out in the third time slot. 7 day later, I had my PS5.

I literally walked into my local GameStop and asked jokingly if any PS5's had arrived yet, figuring the answer would be no, as usual.  To my surprise, He replied that there was one PS5 Disc Edition in the back that he had received a few hours earlier.  He entered it into the system so that He would sell it, and off I went....a happy customer finally with a PS5!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I had been trying to buy them online every time there was a restock. Finally, one day, I had GameStop's website on one screen and Amazon on the other...and both my orders went through. I ended up getting two consoles delivered to my house.

The GameStop one was a bundle, though, so I just ended up going to the closest store and getting a refund. They were pretty surprised that I wanted to return the console and not just the games.

I know I probably could've made a profit by selling it online, but I didn't want to become the very thing I swore to destroy.

• Like 2

Sheer luck.

Game.co.uk received stock & I joined their queuing system on the morning the stock went on sale. I chose the disc console only & my second choice of this + the Ratchet & Clank game. I reached the end of the queue but both were listed as ‘sold out’.

I then checked their other listings & I noticed the disc version + R & C + an extra controller were still available so purchased this.