Chapter select is hidden in the menu

GriffinVR

Wow, this is completely random. Thankfully restarting a playthrough isn't a big deal since it's unlikely you'll get the speedrun trophies on the first playthrough so you'll be playing the levels again anyways. The Gateways was the only one where I had to retry many times to get the speedrun time and forgot to make a save beforehand. I ended up having to replay the prologue and first chapter to get back but the levels are short so it wasn't a problem. Chapter select would have been nice though.

How did you discover this by the way?

20 hours ago, HusKy said:

This is an interesting find. :o

@TheDblTap You might want to (test this and) mention it in your guide.

Hey, good looking out! Thank you!

To confirm this is real, I found mention of it in the official patch notes for the game's Steam version: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/762840/view/6325841543757161233

Seems the developers explicitly wanted us to have access to this hidden feature!

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 2022-03-16 at 1:28 AM, LukeTheGooner said:

I only started playing this yesterday, I'm guessing they ended up adding the chapter select in a later patch?

Correct.

adding to what @TheDblTap said this patch from April 2021 (1 month after the “hidden” chapter select was added):

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/762840?emclan=103582791466453123&emgid=2988675831896105570

A proper chapter select menu has been added. Playing the game normally will now unlock chapters as you get to them