I really hate this game

Not much to say. The plat is way harder than the first one for no reason. Getting 3 stars on all difficulties is bs in itself. It does play better than the original and there's more characters that I was excited for in this one.

Edit: get to race 4 on a grand prix and catdog speeds by you for no reason nabbing you from the 3 stars? I can't stand it

Edited by BionicOstrich

On 3/13/2021 at 10:13 PM, BlackSabre500 said:

Spielen Sie mit 3-4 Controllern im lokalen Mehrspielermodus. Dies bedeutet für die Trophäe und weniger Konkurrenz.

macht es es entspannter oder einfacher ?! Ich denke darüber nach, es zu bekommen, aber ich fürchte, ich werde es nicht schaffen ?!

Google Translate:

”does it make it more relaxed or easier ?! I'm thinking about getting it but i'm afraid i won't make it ?!”

Edited by DaivRules
All posts must be in English
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2021 at 6:31 PM, BionicOstrich said:

Not much to say. The plat is way harder than the first one for no reason. Getting 3 stars on all difficulties is bs in itself. It does play better than the original and there's more characters that I was excited for in this one.

Edit: get to race 4 on a grand prix and catdog speeds by you for no reason nabbing you from the 3 stars? I can't stand it

I managed to get the plat using my vita and two other controllers for myself. I was able to help fallenone with the platinum by using shareplay while he used another controller and I’d stay in back and I’d take out whoever was behind him. Good luck with the platinum 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I should really try this 4 controller method, this game on hard mode (grand prix) behaves much more like it's a lottery draw and you hope you're holding the winning ticket.

I don't equate hard mode to a hard difficulty since it's really easy to take over the AI that is generally much slower than the player but instead I think that it's more about whether or not you can survive the bombardment of homing missiles and jellyfish that smother you right before the 3rd lap finish line.

The AI seems to "conveniently" muster a lot of homing weapons. It's so tedious in fact that I went from enjoying the game to hating the game. ?

I use Reptar, Chief: Bow Bow and Crew: Eugene/Rancid Rabbit so that I can boost with a shield, collect cola bottles much more regularly to boost and boost automatically after being hit, this seems to work well for holding some distance in first place until the jellyfish come along and it's a coin toss what happens next.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I thought medium item spam was bad. Yevon, you guys weren’t kidding. I get in first for one second and 2nd place blows me up immediately and I get past by 2-3 usually, get back up to first and repeat. 

Why’d it have to be first every single race to get what you need? Winning the tournament should be fine enough. But nooo. I don’t know if I have it in me to dedicate enough to get good at this to platinum.

it was already tedious to play through normally. I had more fun with the original game, I don’t know what it is about this one but two races into a tournament and it drags.

edit: thank FUCK I am done with this. I went backwards on it and actually struggled the most with the FIRST cup! What? I did this with the Reptar setup mentioned. I like Reptar anyway. 

I actually managed to do all the cups on Insane first run through. I think I did have to retry a few race 1s, but only had to redo the first cup. For some reason the AI has a huge mastery over the first track on the first cup. Every other track they’re smashing into walls, falling off ledges because even they struggle with the speed of Insane. Here they get blue boosts, take the short cut every. Single. Time. And knock you out. It’s the only track I found I absolutely had to take the exact path the AI took to have hope to win.

got to the last race after finally beating the first one and right at the end get hit by a jellyfish and they sped by so fast I couldn’t lick past them at all. That saved me a lot of other times right at the last minute. But not that one. It sucked. Then for soooome reason it felt like the first track became easier

I actually changed my 3 extra controllers ro any insane AI I was struggling with; Angelica was first as she was always on my ass on hard, then ended with Mikey, Catdog and… Gerald, I don’t know if this really helps but it feels like it does sometimes, their chiefs can be a huge pain.

I have NO idea how anyone would do this without breaking something with full AI there. It was already very stressful and annoying. The item spam in this game even on lower difficulties was bad enough. Geeez. Thank goodness I never have to play insane again, can’t wait to never play this game again either once I’m done grinding.

Edited by Elvick_