Is multiplayer really dead?

Quink666

Did this recently, and it's definitely not dead. Cross-platform play should be enabled by default, but double check to make sure you've got it turned on to allow players on PC and XBox to be found in multiplayer. I was able to find groups at night and during the day in both competitive multiplayer and co-op.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JethrowRogueSZ2 said:

Multiplayer isn't quite dead. I was able to find matches right away through Quick Match, but you might be lucky to find a lobby for Scavenge Raid eventually. Its just not many that plays that mode.

10 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Had to get a boosting group for that march of last year as I could never find a game for it. People just don't really queue for that mode

I managed to find one game yesterday and got lucky and got this one the first try. Now I’m trying to get the Owner trophy which seems impossible. Been close a few times but there always a try hard sneaking up on me and nuking me with a rocket launcher or the horde coming to my point even though there has been no gun fire there. 

Btw do any of you guys know if you need to beat the DLC chapter (Marseille) on insane for the difficulty specific trophy? Only have Tokyo one Moscow left now. Been doing it with randoms with relatively good success. 

Edited by Quink666

8 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

I managed to find one game yesterday and got lucky and got this one the first try. Now I’m trying to get the Owner trophy which seems impossible. Been close a few times but there always a try hard sneaking up on me and nuking me with a rocket launcher or the horde coming to my point even though there has been no gun fire there. 

Btw do any of you guys know if you need to beat the DLC chapter (Marseille) on insane for the difficulty specific trophy? Only have Tokyo one Moscow left now. Been doing it with randoms with relatively good success. 

Marseille is not part of the trophy 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Btw do any of you guys know if you need to beat the DLC chapter (Marseille) on insane for the difficulty specific trophy?

None of Marseille is required, and neither is the 4th mission any of the previous maps (they came with the DLC also).

Should be 12 total maps, but if you have Marseille installed, it counts towards trophy completion. You can delete the DLC and play the base game without patching to make the trophy easier. I put some of these tips in an XP thread i posted last month.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Helyx said:

None of Marseille is required, and neither is the 4th mission any of the previous maps (they came with the DLC also).

Should be 12 total maps, but if you have Marseille installed, it counts towards trophy completion. You can delete the DLC and play the base game without patching to make the trophy easier. I put some of these tips in an XP thread i posted last month.

Will def buy Marseille when i'm done with insane to boost coins and XP. Thanks for the tip.

So you are saying i dont need the 4th episode of New York for example? Only the 3 first in each level? Meaning i can skip the 4th Moscow mission?

Wish i knew that earlier since the 4th mission of New York was hard af.

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

So you are saying i dont need the 4th episode of New York for example? Only the 3 first in each level? Meaning i can skip the 4th Moscow mission?

Correct.

The base game has 12 maps (four locations, with three missions each). The Paris DLC adds a new location, as well as adding a fourth mission to three (?) of the original maps.

Additional maps aren't required for platinum, but if you install them, they'll count towards the base game's completion (and add to the frustration). I was lucky to have access to a physical copy of the base game, but even then, doing all missions on Insane wasn't that bad.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Correct.

The base game has 12 maps (four locations, with three missions each). The Paris DLC adds a new location, as well as adding a fourth mission to three (?) of the original maps.

Additional maps aren't required for platinum, but if you install them, they'll count towards the base game's completion (and add to the frustration). I was lucky to have access to a physical copy of the base game, but even then, doing all missions on Insane wasn't that bad.

So i have to do the 4th Moscow mission since i have it installed? Bummer. 

7 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

So i have to do the 4th Moscow mission since i have it installed? Bummer. 

You can uninstall the DLC (easier if you have physical version) and just do the 12 original maps. Keep in mind, with the DLC installed, you'll have to level up the Drone Master in campaign mode in addition to the other base classes.

DLC helps with end game resource grinding, but otherwise, it hurts you with the other major trophies. Overall, leaving it installed wont hurt much, but having to level up the Drone Master will require an extra ~8500 coins (after leveling him to 30). It's a pretty good class actually, but if you can play an unpatched retail copy, that's a better way to go.

When I got to the point that I needed to grind coins for weapons/class upgrades, I calculated about 43,000 for co-op (minus Drone Master) and about 35,000 for weapons. This will be different depending on how you level your campaign classes and how much effort you put into leveling the Multiplayer classes. I personally needed 36,000 for Multiplayer (4750 per class). Playing just 2 or 3 hours a night was enough to get ~15,000 coins (possibly 20,000+; I'm bad at tracking stuff).

All things considered, it's still not that big of a hassle with the DLC installed. It'll just require more grinding and six or seven additional campaign missions. The major allure of the DLC is being able to exploit the Paris mission for goofy amounts of fast coins and XP. Much much faster than what the guide here recommends.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Helyx said:

You can uninstall the DLC (easier if you have physical version) and just do the 12 original maps. Keep in mind, with the DLC installed, you'll have to level up the Drone Master in campaign mode in addition to the other base classes.

Only 2 more maps left now. This is really easy with randoms. Having lvl 999 PC players carry my lame ass while i stim and heal =) Only one i am having trouble with atm is Dead Sea Stroll in Jerusalem. Getting those car parts while beeing ambused constantly is hard. Hopefully i'll get it done tomorrow.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Honestly I got lucky with the Owner trophy, the other team minus 1 player got disconnected right when the match started, so we ended up holding all the points the entire match

• 4 months later...

August update: I just platinumed the game today and can confirm that yes, multiplayer is still alive.

It's not the most bustling but 4v4 games happen quite often. I've been able to play every game mode via quickmatch, I think Domination is the most popular, but I've been inserted into games of Scavenge and Deathmatch. A few games of King of the Hill. Once even got a vaccine hunt. The matchmaking is ass though. I've on rare occasions been the only player in a game for half the match, but usually the game has players. You'll also probably come to recognize a few player names while grinding out the pvp matches. Some of them recognized me and would shoot me a hello or kudos message on psn.

Personally I think the fastest game modes are Domination or King of the Hill. Scavenge Raid always ended by timeout and Deathmatch requires too much bumbling around, even if a team is steamrolling.

edit: I should add that I played throughout the day with no issues in finding games. I've played at noon, afternoon, and even midnight. I've noticed some >180 pings on some players before, so it's probably grabbing players from different regions to fill.

Edited by h4mx0r
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...