Game keeps crashing

Hendy_Kepje

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1024650/discussions/0/4227150602805402563/

There's been some general crashes since the game was released but the topic here might help explain this some. But sadly games like this will always have issues on Console especially if you start have huge numbers. Even though you can't see everything on screen always, everything is always running in the background which taxes the cpu/memory quite a bit.

Even on PC for games of this nature it's pretty much necessary to have a strong CPU with a dedicated graphics card. APUs like the PS4 will always be weaker and will start have errors or crashes as your game goes on and gets larger/ filled with more units.

Being a Water based game like Anno too doesn't help since water animations and particles can tax the graphics as well besides everything else going on.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, weggelopen said:

first i only experienced it in the france campaign and now in the free play it only happens when the game is loading for a manual battle

My advice just use the automatic battles. Again games like this aren't made to played on APUs especially weaker ones like a console uses.

There is alot of things going on in the background that needs to be calculated at all times. I'm surprised the game even starts with the APU trying to fight for both CPU and GPU usage like this.

In this gameplay they just started a campaign but yet, look at how jittery that gameplay is, especially as they zoom in and try to force the game to show more detail then it can handle.

I seen there's a trophy for 50 manual battles. My advice for that is to either grind it out in a different campaign that works. Or see if you can cheese it by using a back up save before an easy battle, win it, reload save, repeat. In my experience when a game crashes due to the same action you must not repeat that action as it's obviously the root cause.

• 3 weeks later...

but the thing with auto battle i lose mostly.........

but i was hoping someone could tell me how to avoid this

this is really the last time i buy a kalypso game there is always something with those games

Edited by weggelopen