A Warning That Nobody Gave Me

Raqus

36 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

There's 151 threads on 7 pages in this forum. At least ten alone on the first page discuss the Comrades DLC. So did you not get a warning or just don't want to admit you failed to look for one?

I have 3 plats for ffxv,  comrades can kiss my ass, I never cared for it, so minus that...yeah, read the many threads regarding comrades. Lol

• Like 2

To those that have obtained 100% after the Comrades patch: would it be worth it starting this game or would I be shooting myself in the foot? I’ve heard about that DLC being insanely difficult offline and don’t really know what I’d be getting into. And is the game really an unfinished hack job like OP suggests? I’d expect the single player to be decent at least. I’d appreciate the input, especially from recent achievers of the Comrades DLC. 

Yea as stated literally everywhere in this threads (even one with hundreds and hundreds of replies which is always on the main page) it has been well known about the comrades being a pain to manipulate or unobtainable. 

I got the platinum back on release, picked this up in the PS collection and got my 45% plat up to 75% and called it a day. I can’t get the 100% so why bother and I certainly won’t bash this great game because I’m being a child 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

I just want to point out it's a bit ironic that FFXV gets panned for being unfinished because they stopped before the last one or two DLC pieces... yet FF7R is kinda universally appreciated despite being literally unfinished and having a yet undetermined number of sequels on the way.

EDIT: Also, the Pitioss Ruins is one of the best and most creative things in any Final Fantasy game, and FFXV is one of the better FF's because of it.  Fight me. :P

Its FF7, it doesn't matter if the story gets split up into 25528193738 sequels, no one will bat an eye lid ?

3 minutes ago, Zircon_Lotus said:

I was really enjoying my time until the point were the story gets butchered. 

It's good, but would be much better if it was complete. 

I haven't completed it but what I've noticed with this game is that it wants you to experience the open world aspect of the game, then it throws all of the story at you in one go. I feel they should have split it up more during the open world part of the game.

Edited by Zarakai1989

35 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

I just want to point out it's a bit ironic that FFXV gets panned for being unfinished because they stopped before the last one or two DLC pieces... yet FF7R is kinda universally appreciated despite being literally unfinished and having a yet undetermined number of sequels on the way.

EDIT: Also, the Pitioss Ruins is one of the best and most creative things in any Final Fantasy game, and FFXV is one of the better FF's because of it.  Fight me. :P

Honestly I don't think FFXV would've gotten as much flak if they actually finished the DLC they promised and thus the story. Instead of leaving it out to dry because they realized people weren't buying the extra dlc they were trying to sell outside of the season pass.

Then again there was definitely a good third of a chunk of players seemingly turn on them on Twitter and Reddit after the announcement of FF7R for PS5 because let's face it announcing a paid dlc that adds one of he main crew but locks it behind an expensive and constantly out of stock console is ridiculous.

14 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

To those that have obtained 100% after the Comrades patch: would it be worth it starting this game or would I be shooting myself in the foot? I’ve heard about that DLC being insanely difficult offline and don’t really know what I’d be getting into. And is the game really an unfinished hack job like OP suggests? I’d expect the single player to be decent at least. I’d appreciate the input, especially from recent achievers of the Comrades DLC. 

It's still worth it, all aside it's a good game overall. I myself still find out more enjoyable then most other modern FF games (except XII that's still way ahead). One thing will warn it will be fairly linear to start and will get more open later on.

For Comrades difficulty Yes and No. The Difficulty comes because it's meant to be played with other players in co-op of course. With that said it's not impossible just more challenging due to the AI teammates. But there's plenty of guides and info everywhere that go over prep and such to help make it easier.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, xh117 said:

This game was so hard to go back to after ff7r, I just wanted to try out the dlc episodes and the combat feels really bad.

oh this I can absolutely agree on, it just feels super unfocused and floaty in comparison.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

It's still worth it, all aside it's a good game overall. I myself still find out more enjoyable then most other modern FF games (except XII that's still way ahead). One thing will warn it will be fairly linear to start and will get more open later on.

For Comrades difficulty Yes and No. The Difficulty comes because it's meant to be played with other players in co-op of course. With that said it's not impossible just more challenging due to the AI teammates. But there's plenty of guides and info everywhere that go over prep and such to help make it easier.

Thank you for the info. The series peaked my interest mainly bc of FF7R, I’ve played a little bit of it and enjoyed the combat system a ton. I’m going to try the downgrade option for Comrades and have a go at the game then. 

34 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

I've just recently completed the Comrades DLC and I have to say, that I struggled quite a bit in getting better materials to progress with the quests until I found this guide. It's basically a step-by-step for playing the DLC solo and it really helped me in getting back into the game, after I left it for two whole years.

So in my opinion it's ultimately not that hard to get the Comrades DLC trophies.

I can't say much about the main game, since I have played maybe two hours at most of it, but if you like JRPGs and Final Fantasy in general, I'm sure you won't be terribly disappointed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lojtana said:

I've just recently completed the Comrades DLC and I have to say, that I struggled quite a bit in getting better materials to progress with the quests until I found this guide. It's basically a step-by-step for playing the DLC solo and it really helped me in getting back into the game, after I left it for two whole years.

So in my opinion it's ultimately not that hard to get the Comrades DLC trophies.

I can't say much about the main game, since I have played maybe two hours at most of it, but if you like JRPGs and Final Fantasy in general, I'm sure you won't be terribly disappointed.

I appreciate the info. It’s good to know that it isn’t near impossible like I’ve seen many people suggest before. Too many over exaggerations and varied opinions over time have made me question the actual difficulty, but I’m keen on starting it soon now.