save corrupted after crash

i was playing election day and all of a sudden my game crashed, i got back in and my save was completely gone including cloud it keeps saying save corrupted and the only save i have is from months ago when i was level 10.

i was level 100 my dw trophy progression is gone with my save, i have screenshots from before and after it happened, if you have experienced this or have a solution for it message me on psn.

thanks.

this has happened to me multiple times. A few years back i was infamy 7 or 8 and my game data  just corrupted. Unfortunately, there isn't a fix. I'm currently saving my game data onto 2 different usb sticks just in case i accidentally overwrite a current usb save with corrupted data, thus i can fall back onto the other usb. The game is extremely buggy and is nothing like the pc version. Hopefully payday 3 is less buggy

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, InfamousDooMZ said:

this has happened to me multiple times. A few years back i was infamy 7 or 8 and my game data  just corrupted. Unfortunately, there isn't a fix. I'm currently saving my game data onto 2 different usb sticks just in case i accidentally overwrite a current usb save with corrupted data, thus i can fall back onto the other usb. The game is extremely buggy and is nothing like the pc version. Hopefully payday 3 is less buggy

thanks for the help.

23 minutes ago, InfamousDooMZ said:

I'm currently saving my game data onto 2 different usb sticks just in case i accidentally overwrite a current usb save with corrupted data

That's the way I handle all my long-term commitment games. It's horrible when you unknowingly upload a corrupted save to the cloud.

Why wouldn't something like this save progress online? Using a local save only seems like an oversight by the developer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Helyx said:

That's the way I handle all my long-term commitment games. It's horrible when you unknowingly upload a corrupted save to the cloud.

Why wouldn't something like this save progress online? Using a local save only seems like an oversight by the developer.

my game was never saved to cloud, i dont know if its overkills fault or sony just has dogshit services.

53 minutes ago, MrPires10 said:

why would i need to backup save if i pay for cloud? thats on sony 

whats the point of me paying psplus if the service doesnt even work

USB Drives are dirt cheap these days so there's zero excuse for not having one and doing a manual backup at the end of every session. Relying on automation to take care of your save file backups is foolish so you only have yourself to blame if the system goes pearshaped and doesn't backup anything. I always do manual backups to both the Cloud and my USB drive at the end of every session so if something does go wrong, I have a double backup to fall back on.

25 minutes ago, biokam said:

there are two types of people: those who regularly backup their saves and those who will learn to backup their saves

This^

Making manual backups should be common sense these days, especially considering how broken some games are.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MrPires10 said:

i was playing election day and all of a sudden my game crashed, i got back in and my save was completely gone including cloud it keeps saying save corrupted and the only save i have is from months ago when i was level 10.

i was level 100 my dw trophy progression is gone with my save, i have screenshots from before and after it happened, if you have experienced this or have a solution for it message me on psn.

thanks.

I had a friend experience this glitch suddenly during the game as well. On Hoxton's Revenge. My friend lost progress 3 years ago, dumb that it's still in the game, sadly this game is done now. Only am missing the lvl 25 infamy trophy. Have to be careful with this game, having a 250+ hour trophy with a progression loss glitch  is baffling to me. Have been backing up saves like the other people, but with the Ps5 using a USB is out of the question. Hopefully I can get this trophy so I can just play on PC when I want a Payday itch scratched.

It happened to me twice already trying to playing with a friend, if your going for the 100% or platinum save on iCloud or usb especially while trying to complete all missions on death wish. I hate that pc is still getting updates while this game has bugs, glitches, connection issues. They invested to much in the walking dead game that made them lose millions I bet. 

• 2 years later...
12 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

@Burstawesome hi.. I was just about to buy some USB’s to back up my files after losing a lot of progress on this game. But I’ve just read your post that we can’t use them on PS5? Is the only option we have the cloud?

It's a PS4 game. You can back up a save to USB even with a PS5. 

It's only PS5 games that don't allow you to copy a save to a USB stick. 

• Like 1