How to get Editions if the option doesn’t show up!

beccaeskimo333

A while back I got bedrock edition minecraft meaning I did not have access to editions. Recently I borrowed my friends copy of the old PS4 version and I was confused as to why I could still not play mini games BUT I did find a solution for people who are in a similar situation like me and got the old version after bedrock came out. This method works by playing with 2 controllers.

I first started by creating another account on my PS. After that I put the minecraft disc in and hopped into a world before the bedrock update installed and by doing this the “editions” button appeared when I loaded bedrock on this new account. After you install the update go back to the old minecraft by pressing the “Editions” Button. When you are on the old version start either a battle or tumble mini game. Now all you have to do is add another controller and log in with your main account and from here you should be able to play split screen and you can now earn those trophies!

• Like 2

I just 100% completed Minecraft.

I bought the physical copy of the Playstation 4 Edition (the one with Steve wearing diamond gear) but I also bought the digital Bedrock Edition beforehand because I didn't know about the "Editions" button. Depending on how many accounts you have, you must delete the saved data from all of them. (I deleted my online storage saved data as well but I'm not sure if you have to) then I deactivated my PS4 on the accounts I used for this. (Your PS4 must be deactivated during your trophy hunting sessions) if you have any digital version you must use an alternate account that you didn't buy it with. (Your Main account will be your splitscreen partner for the trophies) delete and re-install Minecraft offline, play around at the main menu for a minute or 2, close app, turn on your internet and download the update, start game but don't sign in to Microsoft and BOOM!! The "Editions" button should be there. I hope this helps someone.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2021 at 10:42 PM, Big_KaPuna said:

I bought the physical copy of the Playstation 4 Edition (the one with Steve wearing diamond gear) but I also bought the digital Bedrock Edition beforehand because I didn't know about the "Editions" button. Depending on how many accounts you have, you must delete the saved data from all of them. (I deleted my online storage saved data as well but I'm not sure if you have to) then I deactivated my PS4 on the accounts I used for this. (Your PS4 must be deactivated during your trophy hunting sessions) if you have any digital version you must use an alternate account that you didn't buy it with. (Your Main account will be your splitscreen partner for the trophies) delete and re-install Minecraft offline, play around at the main menu for a minute or 2, close app, turn on your internet and download the update, start game but don't sign in to Microsoft and BOOM!! The "Editions" button should be there. I hope this helps someone.

I used this and was able to get the editions button but you definitely do not need to deactivate your main account. At least I didn't. I was having problems because I deactivated. I reactivated, uninstalled everything, signed out of my main account, installed Minecraft with the PS4 Edition disk while signed in to another account and even though it displayed as if it was bedrock, when I loaded it up it was the PS4 edition. Started up editions, split screened with my main account and got everything except for the 2 and arrow kills so far.

Edited by MargsnCoffee
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I just used the PS4 edition disc method to get the editions button and I definitely had to deactivate my main (this) account to get it to work. Once I did that my dummy account had the editions button and I was able to do split screen public matches to get dlc 2&5 trophies. I only have 2 controllers, but was able self boost by using remote play as a third controller ;)

• Like 2

On 08/05/2021 at 9:49 PM, StardusterZ72 said:

I just used the PS4 edition disc method to get the editions button and I definitely had to deactivate my main (this) account to get it to work. Once I did that my dummy account had the editions button and I was able to do split screen public matches to get dlc 2&5 trophies. I only have 2 controllers, but was able self boost by using remote play as a third controller ;)

How did you set up the third for the remote play? I’m interested in understanding this further as I’m struggling at the moment

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2021 at 2:49 AM, Ishinobara said:

How did you set up the third for the remote play? I’m interested in understanding this further as I’m struggling at the moment

Use the app called “PS remote play” on iOS or Android to act as controller for your main account. Use two or more alternate accounts on the PS4 with your physical controllers. Now that I think of it, you could probably use a vita instead of a phone, if you have one.

Edited by GhostofArcade
Fixing quote format
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/8/2021 at 4:49 PM, GhostofArcade said:

What do you mean by “Deactivating account” that term scares me lol, I’m trying to figure this out right now with no luck atm

19 minutes ago, damcrac5 said:

Was looking at starting this soon.  Will the PS4 digital version have this issue?  I was under the impression that all the DLCs are free and I only need the base digital PS4 version to knock out the entire list plus stack 2.

All PS4 versions are affected by this glitch so it doesn't matter if you get it Digitally or at Retail, you're screwed either way because the devs inserted a kill switch into the code so the Editions button is removed for anyone who bought the game after the release of the Bedrock Edition Update.

54 minutes ago, Vatch_ said:

What do you mean by “Deactivating account” that term scares me lol, I’m trying to figure this out right now with no luck atm

It's an option in Account Management you have to use if you want to play any digital content on your system but you may have to turn it off to get this trick to work.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

All PS4 versions are affected by this glitch so it doesn't matter if you get it Digitally or at Retail, you're screwed either way because the devs inserted a kill switch into the code so the Editions button is removed for anyone who bought the game after the release of the Bedrock Edition Update.

It's an option in Account Management you have to use if you want to play any digital content on your system but you may have to turn it off to get this trick to work.

Yeah I ended up finding another solution on another thread here and finally got the 100%

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-08-22 at 1:39 PM, BatCarlitos310 said:

May I ask which one? I really don't want to buy another copy of the game

You need a Pre-Bedrock Minecraft disc copy and you’ll have the mini games tab when you load up the game. If you have played the digital version first like I have, then you’ll have to use this method posted in this thread by DarkGermanGamer: 

That was the only way I got them to pop for me, hope this helps!

Edited by Vatch_

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
16 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

Can someone help me?  I bought a Java or old version of ps4 minecraft.  We currently have the digital no editions installed.  Do I want to Uninstall the digital version before using the disc in order to access Editions?

You have to erase all traces of the game from your hard drive, before trying any of the workarounds for this problem.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

You have to erase all traces of the game from your hard drive, before trying any of the workarounds for this problem.

Ok and when I install from disc.  I do it in offline status so it won't update to bedrock?

1 hour ago, LegendExeter said:

Ok and when I install from disc.  I do it in offline status so it won't update to bedrock?

You will have to ask one of the other guys in this thread who have pulled this off, because I'm not massively familiar with the specifics of how this workaround works.

Yeah I'm kind of lost a bit on how to do it.  I read above and did everything except initialize the ps4.  Yet it didn't work.  

I deleted everything made a new user, then put in the disc.  I never logged out of my other account as apparently you can be logged in multiple at the same time.  When it ran the disc it then wanted to update and I said no, play without update.  It showed the old ps3 or Java screen of minecraft yet no battles option.  It also still wouldn't let me play online at all.

So I made a world and then played for 2 minutes then exited and the game forced it to save.  Then I hit ok let's play online and it did its download for the update.  This time it said welcome to the New Minecraft showed me some screens I hadn't seen before and asked if I wanted to convert the world I made 5 minutes before.  I'm like no.

The main screen appeared in bedrock version and no editions button was there.  Just to check it out I did load my world, let it update the world,  and legit after the world opened it gave me the Passing The Time trophy for this alt account I made.  So ridiculous.

I still don't know why it doesn't work to give me the editions option.  This is the cover and disc with Steve in diamond armor.  Same cover as Ps3 minecraft 

On 3/26/2021 at 9:42 PM, Big_KaPuna said:

How did you go online for the mini game trophies since the game requires PS Plus?  Did you buy a second subscription or were you able to get the trophies playing offline?

How did you play as your main account to get trophies?  If I re-add the main account with the digital download after I had deleted it off the ps4, it immediately removes the editions button from either user?