Trophies glitched? (Edit: Potentially Solved)

JoaLoft

Before some numbnuts decides to report me for cheating: I just had a few trophies of the collectibles pop simultaneously, but only after I found everything.

So, as I was collecting the letters and remaining anomalies, the trophy for four letters popped as you'd expect - at the fourth letter. But the game is technically a mess, Jesus. It tends to lag severely if you leave it on the Pause screen for too long or if a trophy pops.

Case in point: trophy for fourth letter pops normally => game starts to lag heavily => I try to fix the situation by entering a new area, lagging heavily => load screen takes forever => hard reboot of game.

At this point, I'd expect my save file to be corrupted because I quit the game in the middle of a loading screen. I continue playing. I pick up eight letters. No trophy popping. I pick up all letters. No trophy popping. I go to collect the last missing anomaly... Suddenly, ALL of my collectible trophies unlock at the exact same time.

Did anyone else experience this issue? Or any weird technical hiccups like this? Oxenfree is a pretty cool game and I'm enjoying it, but these kinds of problems do make it harder for me to fully embrace the experience, especially if trophies don't pop as intended.

Edit: I may have found the origin of the lag. In all of my previous playthroughs, the online function was enabled and the console was connected to the internet, and every single one of those playthroughs I suffered from lag after a while, forcing me to reboot the game. I decided to go through my last playthrough offline, so I turned off the internet option on PS4 and what do you know: it was fixed. I was able to finish my entire playthrough without even a single occurrence of lag.

If you are experiencing the same issues I did: try playing Oxenfree without the online function enabled.

Edited by JoaLoft
Potential solution