Trophy Thoughts?

I also see there is an under 2 hour trophy kind of wonder how tight that will be.
Not sure how hard the game will be, but looks like it can be decent hoping it will be since I do have it pre-ordered for Nintendo Switch and PS4.
Not sure about the Time Trials, but I could see not getting possibly being probably the biggest issue for me.

On 3/15/2021 at 6:46 PM, Nightstream88 said:

I also see there is an under 2 hour trophy kind of wonder how tight that will be.
Not sure how hard the game will be, but looks like it can be decent hoping it will be since I do have it pre-ordered for Nintendo Switch and PS4.
Not sure about the Time Trials, but I could see not getting possibly being probably the biggest issue for me.

I hope for the speedrun trophy you can replay individual levels to get a better time, and aim to lower the cumulative overall time under 2 hours.. that’s how time trials should be done in platformers like this. I get annoyed when I have to keep restarting the game for time-related reasons.

that being said the game has got great reviews so far! Really looking forward to this one!

• Like 1

I am not too sure about the finishing the game in under 2 hours. So... is the game really that short? If so, that's very disappointing. I don't like the having to do everything without getting hit. That sounds like a serious headache to me personally. Hopefully I am wrong and it is fun. I have been looking forward to this game 

I played the beta a year ago and recorded myself doing no-damage runs and gold medal times (video below), so I had to replay each stage a few times. Only two of them gave me a bit of trouble. From that experience and considering that it was only the first world, my guess is the plat difficulty will be somewhere from easy to medium, not hard at all.

Edit: Alright, I got the plat in 2 days (11h30m of gameplay). "Flawless!" is the only hard trophy, you need a cool head and some patience, but the rest is a breeze, even the speedrun one.

FAQ: The earliest stage you should try "Oops!" is 2-8 (Pumpkin Pyre). "Wait... What?" isn't glitched, you have to manually watch the video you'll unlock (green gem). For "Run, Rabbit, Run!" it's any medal. For "Flawless!" if you miss once, try it in time trial mode because stage reloads faster and from beginning. And do "Speedrunner" in Casual Mode, you'll finish with 30+ min to spare.

Edited by Sythroz
  • Like 1

I think the “wait...what?” Trophy may have glitched on me. I’m sure I’ve 100%ed every level but it’s not popping. Any suggestions?

@Flitterbloom sorry to bother you but I see you have the platinum, to get this trophy was there anything you needed to do besides get the 27 green bonus crystals?

EDIT: took me forever to realize, but this trophy is unlocked by viewing the video in the journal after collecting all bonus gems.

Edited by NashtyMouse
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

Does anyone know the best level to do the oops trophy? It’s the one where you have to go through the entire level without collecting any crystals. Apparently the time runs don’t count either

I did it on the very last bonus level, the bullet elevator level. I don’t think it’s possible on the vast majority of levels.

• Like 1

On 26‏/3‏/2021 at 10:24 PM, sealightbreeze said:

For the flawless trophy- not only do you have to do the regular stages of the island, without getting hit. You also have to make it past the boss at the end and the secret level as well

Is it possible to do it level by level or you have to do the entire playthrough without getting hit ?!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, xXFinal_WaveXx said:

got the platinum in 2 days, the game is so easy. You don't need practice to get gold medals, you do it in your first try everytime.

Gloating is not an attractive quality. It’s NOT easy. At least not for everyone. 66 people own this. Only 3 have the platinum for it so far. And I’ve been playing games for 30+ years. This thing is extremely hard and annoying. Especially the not dying thing. I for one don’t enjoy doing the same thing over and over and over again. Every level has to be a perfect run. That’s not fun.  

11 hours ago, dark69knight said:

Is it possible to do it level by level or you have to do the entire playthrough without getting hit ?!

You can do it level by level. It is hard though. 

Edited by sealightbreeze
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, CaptainJeff87 said:

For anyone who has the plat how doable is the speedrun trophy?

Is it just the normal levels or bonus ones too? Does it have to be in one sitting? 

It’s actually very very easy. There’s a casual mode with extra checkpoints you can select, I finished the game in 1:15, and it was a far from perfect run.

the real challenge comes from the time trials.

Edited by NashtyMouse
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NashtyMouse said:

It’s actually very very easy. There’s a casual mode with extra checkpoints you can select, I finished the game in 1:15, and it was a far from perfect run.

the real challenge comes from the time trials.

Also the not getting hit in the levels one. Those are the hardest two 

19 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

Gloating is not an attractive quality. It’s NOT easy. At least not for everyone. 66 people own this. Only 3 have the platinum for it so far. And I’ve been playing games for 30+ years. This thing is extremely hard and annoying. Especially the not dying thing. I for one don’t enjoy doing the same thing over and over and over again. Every level has

Are you serious? did you find it hard? this game is newbrand yet, thats the reason just a few got the the platinum. I achieve the "not get hitting" while was doing the gold medal. Maybe because I got the platinum of Crash bandicoot 4 this one was a piece of cake.

Yeah, I've also just got the "No Hits" trophy, anyone who has played a DKC once can easily score it.
How does one unlock the Save Hogo trophy, though?

Nvm, I got it by closing the game and booting it up again, the Hogo icon appeared in the album, I played the cutscene and the trophy popped.

Platted!

Edited by DancefloorBankin

20 hours ago, xXFinal_WaveXx said:

Are you serious? did you find it hard? this game is newbrand yet, thats the reason just a few got the the platinum. I achieve the "not get hitting" while was doing the gold medal. Maybe because I got the platinum of Crash bandicoot 4 this one was a piece of cake.

Obviously, yes. It’s not easy 

18 hours ago, DancefloorBankin said:

Yeah, I've also just got the "No Hits" trophy, anyone who has played a DKC once can easily score it.
How does one unlock the Save Hogo trophy, though?

Nvm, I got it by closing the game and booting it up again, the Hogo icon appeared in the album, I played the cutscene and the trophy popped.

Platted!

I’ve played all DK games and it’s still damn hard. Donkey Kong is way easier than this. Especially when you have the one mask that speeds up. Where you can only double jump and ground pound downward. It's not easy

Edited by sealightbreeze
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 20/04/2021 at 9:29 AM, AllanGronkjaer said:

Is it possible to Play on casual for platinum or

Yeah, but it won't make much difference. The time trials still need to be done, and the trophy for not getting hit still means you'll need to do a perfect run of every level and boss, so extra hits and checkpoints will be pointless. It's actually nice to see a casual mode that doesn't undermine the Platinum, it's still a genuine challenge.