Worth it in 2021?

ElevExplorer64

Yes, I know the servers are inactive and the platinum is unobtainable. I really don't care.

Recently, I got the platinum for NBA 2K20, but in the process I accidentally got addicted to the game. I was thinking of revisiting an older 2K to kind of wane off the addiction and experience a time when NBA 2K games were actually decent. I'm probably going to Gamestop tomorrow and I know the older 2K games are super cheap; if I find a copy, should I get one?

• Like 1

I started 2k16 just recently after having enjoyed 17-20 and I'd say it's worth it if you don't care that you can't get half the trophies. This one seems to have a story which is what the later games feel like they're lacking. The gameplay feels a bit more "arcadey" as well, so feels easier at the start than the later ones also. Even though I had this game from PS+ I found a copy with the special Michael Jordan cover for $2 at an EB store, so it was worth it just to put in my collection! 

So far though I still feel like 2k17 is my favourite, so I would recommend that one as well for a couple of $ if you can find that too ? 

• Like 1