How closely do you plan your account?

Deadly_Ha_Ha

9 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Not at all.

The only ordering I do is picking and trying to play one game at a time per console.

Certainly not themed.

I like to complete games I enjoy, but don't aspire to have a 100% profile.

Theming is obviously pretty intense, and would probably be for smurf accounts. A friend of mine has an account dedicated to only Platinum Games games which I think is cool

I just give myself a goal of certain games coming out that im interested in, or backlog games ive put off for too long.

Initially I didn't plan milestone ones but since making FFVIIR my 100th, Ive tried to make them games I really enjoy or are JRPGs, which is my favorite genre.

Like 100 was FFVIIR, 125 was GoW III, 150 was Ni no Kuni Wrath Of The White Witch Remaster, 175 was Yakuza like a dragon, and I plan on 200 being Legend Of Mana Remaster. but other things like completion rates and having a perfect profile, I don't care for all of that

• Like 4

I deliberately made lego marvel's avengers platinum my 10,000 trophy with the name 'Peace In Our Time' being the platinum name.

I also made AC Liberation RM platinum my 15,000 trophy. 

Latest is platinum 300, Infamous Second Son with 'Enjoy Your Powers'.

Other account was opened by deliberately choosing Assassin's Creed II's opening trophy called 'Birth Of An Assassin' to be trophy number 1!. 

On my psn account, if you view my bio, the picture is also deliberate. It's a trophy shot from Tomb Raider called 'Self Improvement Junkie'.

Edited by mysticmosh
added more text
  • Like 2

Catherine (ps3) was my 100th platinum, when I got Catherine Full Body I was at 170 platinums or so, so I decided to wait and make it my 200th. So I did. Now it's a tradition, I'm at 241 now and I'm saving Catherine (PS3 EU) to be my 300th.

That's it. Other than that I just play what I want, I don't bother with my completion, I have several unattainable platinums (and probably more to come) 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I have one plan and one plan only, which I stick to meticulously:

To always play whatever I feel like at the time I feel like it, and have my stats accurately reflect that 1f642.png

I wouldn't want to throttle trophy completion of a game, just to try and make it a milestone, as I know I would just end up rushing through something else to get to that point, and end up not enjoying it.

I feel pretty much the same. I don't want to turn my video game time into a series of self-assignments. Especially for the sake of an online profile that realistically, I know I'll be the only one who spends any time examining the milestones.

I'm approaching my 75th platinum and very briefly considered a change in plans of the games I'd like to play so a "good" game would show as the milestone, then quickly decided I couldn't be bothered to do that. My 75th will be whatever game I happen to be playing at the time.

• Like 1

I'll also add to this topic- planning your milestones (while that might be fun in it's own way for some people - I do get that) completely takes away the possibility of having interesting little accidental coincidences (Like, for me, my 200th and 300th platinums both being for Assassin's Creed games, or my 20th platinum and my 10,000th trophy being from the original and the remaster of the same game)

I like seeing little coincidences like that, and noticing trends in my playing habits based on the data on this site.

It's fun to have a record of over a decade of my hobby.

When I look at my profile, I want to be able to think "Oh, that's interesting, I remember liking that game!" or "Oh yeah, I remember what I was doing at the time I played that!"

I don't want to just think "Oh yeah. I remember jockeying around my games list so I could manufacture that statistic"

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 4

In regards to milestones it’s a bit of a bit of a double edged sword for me. On the one hand I’m at an early stage in my account so I have a lot of room for planning bigger milestones such as 1000 trophies etc. However, I build my accounts around the concept of focusing all my effort into one game at a time. I imagine following those kind of rules would make planning out particular trophies for milestones even more difficult. By my rules, I can’t just go and earn a bunch of trophies from other random games on my account to pad closer to the milestone before popping the final two trophies. (Just for clarification I do play other games on a secondary account, I’d lose my mind if I just played one game exclusively for months). 

I will always order games where possible but also within reason, whilst having two games that are in the same series next to each other on a list looks nice... it’s not always viable with release dates and unexpected DLC etc. 

I meticulously plan which games I put on this account, playing a few hours to get a grasp for it on an alternative account before adding it to my list. I guess in this respect my account is sort of a show account? I always strive for 100% completion also. 

• Like 1

The only one I sorta planned was Vampyr's plat ("Time is on my side") being my 2,000th trophy because I noticed at like, 1995 that I could do it. But overall, I don't plan them because I like how I can see what I was playing at the time. It seems a bit more organic to me. Like DrBloodmoney, I have 2 Assassin's Creed plats as milestones, completely coincidentally, with the same name ("Master Assassin"). I guess that goes to show just how much I like AC. ? 

I really respect people who put in the effort to plan theirs though! And players who complete all the games of a series in a row, I salute you, because I get too burned out (here's looking at you, Kingdom Hearts).

• Like 1

I have mentioned this a few times but every 10th plat is of a racing game for me.

Other than that the only thing I planned (well not much planning) is my 4000th trophy. I was at 3998 and cleaning up Prototype 2 seeing what trophies were still there to get... "Up to No Good" sounded great for a milestone.

Edited by DizzyDavidson
  • Like 1

I have the 5k, 6k, 7k, 8k, 9k and 10k milestones planned. I try to get these before my 100th platinum too. ?

5k will be a trophy from Armello called "Once upon a time".

6k to 10k will be the level trophies from "Race the sun".

And then concluding with the platinum of Armello called "Happily ever after".

It will take a while, but it will be oh so satisfying~?

Everything after that will be freestyle.

Except for Spyro 3. That will be a 2024 platinum milestone just for its trophy name "Party like it's 2024"?

• Like 3

Sure, I planned my trophy cabinet and the trophies I want to be millestones, obviously from games I personally loved.  I'm saving my 125th platinum for Ghost of Tsushima ? and for my 7000th trophy maybe platinum of Cyberpunk, Mafia or Crash 4. the 150th will be God of war 2 (maybe!!)

• Like 1

I don’t plan at all. It never works out anyway. But in honour of The Witcher 3, I do plan to make that my 100th platinum. I play whatever I want and whenever I want. My completion rate sucks but I came from 35% or something since last year so I caught up.

There is ONE thing that bothers me on my profile and it’s my fastest achieved platinum: Blind Men. The picture is so ugly, so next time I’m going to try achieve something even faster to get rid of that hideous thing. ?

Edit: Oh yeah, I’d like to add this: I think a lot of people on this site lost interest in profile level because there were people who timed their level (like level 20 platinum, level 25 platinum etc.) but since they changed the level system, it shuffled everything up. All that calculating in vain...

Edited by LoveInHell
  • Like 4