How closely do you plan your account?

Deadly_Ha_Ha

I do some planning. I generally try to play horror games during the darker periods of the year, more casual arcade-like games during the Summer, where I spend less time indoors, and all the other type of stuff in seasons in-between. I also like to give each month a theme (sort of), but I'm not overly OCD about it. But typically, I would never start a game on the 25th day of a month :P In that case, I would be weird enough to wait until the 1st before starting it, and instead spend that week working on some unearned trophies or whatever. I've always liked the "What did I play in August 2016? Oh that's right! Uncharted 3!"-kind of approach. This may sound tedious to some, but I actually love it like this, and have a lot of fun with it.

And I'm pretty serious about my completion rating ?

Funnily enough, I don't really plan milestones. I like the "randomness" of them. But I am currently trying to plan my 150th Platinum (Maybe Crash Bandicoot 4, if I have the skills to do it, that is), but that is the first time I've done so.

Edited by Maahniac
  • Like 3

I'll probably try to do milestone plats for every 50 platinum trophies I get, but can't be bothered to do all the intermediate stuff like trophy specific milestones or something like that.

However I DID purposely plan my first trophy and first plat, cause I swapped over from Xbox after 7 years of achievement hunting and thought the "I'm not lost!" trophy was a funny way of saying "I'm home now" and "Platinum Hero" was a corny little twist on the fact I love RPG's/JRPG's and that's what my account will sorta be based on over time. Of course, my first plat also had to be an ezpz game to frustrate the people that insist on being so snarky to profiles that don't meet their golden standards. Hah! 

I just finished making Monster Hunter World my #50th. I'm planning Tales of Arise for a #75 or #100 milestone, because Tales is my favorite series on consoles and I'm not sure when it will come out but whenever it does I'll play a ton of easy games just to get to the next milestone so I can make it Tales. 

As for my account, I like to base it on completionism of as many games as I can but I'm not going to be upset if it's never 100% either. My goal is to make it so that when I start a new game my % won't dip below 99%, but I got a lot of way to go before then (which is part of the fun of planning + the journey of backlog cleanup and trophy collection over years). Don't plan my account at all around UR's, don't care for them. I'll leave that sort of hunting to the people that love that sort of thing.

14 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

I don’t plan at all. It never works out anyway. But in honour of The Witcher 3, I do plan to make that my 100th platinum. I play whatever I want and whenever I want. My completion rate sucks but I came from 35% or something since last year so I caught up.

There is ONE thing that bothers me on my profile and it’s my fastest achieved platinum: Blind Men. The picture is so ugly, so next time I’m going to try achieve something even faster to get rid of that hideous thing. 1f624.png

Edit: Oh yeah, I’d like to add this: I think a lot of people on this site lost interest in profile level because there were people who timed their level (like level 20 platinum, level 25 platinum etc.) but since they changed the level system, it shuffled everything up. All that calculating in vain...

I too was around the 30s for completion percentage so while I don't pay too much thought to it, I am glad that its rising and that's thanks to going back and cleaning up a lot of backlog games that i ended up putting off or forgetting about. But when I was younger I just played stuff I found interesting and didn't put much thought into it. Not that I play stuff I don't like now, I just developed a lot more patience with games, my tastes grew a bit more rounded and I've dabbled in different genres and gaming experiences I would've normally not considered. 

Witcher 3 is definitely in my must-plays list this year, and as much as I wanted to make it a milestone, Legend Of Mana was a special game to me during the PS1 days so I'm excited for the remaster and that's gonna be my 200th milestone. Although contrary to what people are saying here, the in between games are still stuff I want to play and not just filler to get the numbers up quickly for the next milestone.

• Like 1

I plan very little. I do nothing special with my profile, I don’t have milestones and I’m not particularly choosy. I prefer to play one game at a time (per console) and I like to 100% games wherever I can, so I’d say that’s the extent of my planning. Other than that I prioritise games that have been announced as shutting down. That’s it!

My milestones on this account are actually pretty random now that I look at them, they're cool to me but are incidental. I was actually really happy for the Riku level grind in Re: CoM to randomly be a milestone trophy because that was a pain in the ass. I made sure that Kingdom Hearts 3 was my 20th plat though because I wanted it celebrated as a milestone plat. I promised a friend that Vanquish would be my 50th plat so I have that planned. On my old account I think the ps3 Vanquish was just some random trophy for me.

Also this is a random aside, but this is the first thread I've posted on this site and I'm super happy with how many people responded and have given their opinions.

• Like 4

It was never something I planned or bothered being invested in. But as I was approaching my 100th Plat, I was also approaching my 5,000th trophy, and I realised with the games I had on my list, it would line up perfectly.

I wanted Miles Morales PS5 to be my 100th, and it also turned out to be trophy #5,000. 

Nice little double milestone

• Like 1

I have a tentative plan to gauntlet the ps3 Kingdom Hearts games that have plats after Vanquish as my 50th plat. After 50 ps4 games I'll feel better having other consoles' games on my account. The four of them end up being 201 trophies so I wonder if I could make something work there as a milestone along the way...

Most of my milestones are pretty spur of the moment; if I notice I'm getting close to a thousand, I'll try to finesse it to fall on a platinum. The only ones I plan further in advance are n50 plats, which I try to save long or personally significant games for (Dark Souls, Rayman Legends, Dark Souls Remastered, MHW: Iceborne), and n00 plats, for which I try to pop a second stack of my nth (e.g. Rayman Origins on Vita was my first, and on PS3 was my 100th).

I really don't plan anything, more like, as I go. Then a new game will come out that I want to play so I move it up the list. If there is anything themed, it's because I enjoyed the game a lot of want to Platinum the previous one before it (example: I'm loving Sackboy so much that I picked up LBP3 to plat before Sackboy)

I will say that I do try to have to similar games done in order. For example: If I'm playing TWD Onslaught, I want the next game to be a zombie themed game... I don't go OUT of my way to do this, usually it is already two games in my backlog.

2 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png

Am I the only one who's loving how much this thread is making us all sound like we're guests on an episode of Jerry Springer or Jeremy Kyle?

"I do what I want!"

"I play what I want!"

"Whatever! You can't control me!"

"I do what I feel like!"

74527704.jpg

• Like 2

I have planned few platinums to pop at the right moment to get a nicer milestone. My first Plat was The Last of Us so I made The Last of Us Remastered my 20th Platinum. The Witcher 3 was my 50th Plat and Mad Max 100th. I'm also planning to get The Last of Us Part II as my 150th Platinum, but that's about it. All of my other Plats are popped pretty much randomly.

I'm actually planning my first milestone trophy.  Looking to plat Red Dead 2 for my 5,000th trophy.

Otherwise, I just try to keep my average completion above a specific threshold.  For the longest time it was 90%, now that it's higher I'm trying to keep it above 95%. I'll never have a 100% because of unobtainables.

I actually have a few times, I made Toy Story Mania my 40th plat, so it would show on my profile and since it's kinda a "lame" game made for litteral babies. My 10th, 20th & 30th were not planned. My 50th was was 1 trophy away & I happened to be at 48 plats, so i quickly did my 49th & achieved my 50th

• Like 1

I did quite a lot of planning for my psn profile in the last years.

I planned every platinum Milestone since :platinum: #40  except :platinum: #75

I made FFX a double milestone as it's :platinum: #40 and Trophy #3000.

In November 2017 i decided to get exactly 10 :platinum: switiching between ps3 and ps4 after each and everyone except the last :platinum: is from the Vita instead of the ps3.

In December 2017 i decided to plat one game each day and added only 1 more on my birthday on which i unlocked Battlefield Bad Company as :platinum: #150.

From April to October 2019 i chose games to plat to make their first letter appear as part of my ID. Read title names from :platinum: 249 to :platinum: 238 :)

Trine 2 PS4 EU :platinum: is my trophy # 10.000

The Last Of Us PS3 is :platinum: #100 and PS4 is :platinum: #300.

On 19th June 2020 i unlocked over 30 :platinum: including 27 very important ones. I started with Zombie Army Trilogy and went through all the alphabet until i finished with 7'scarlet (so Z to A plus a numbered title :)). The Last Of Us PS4 is included in this list as :platinum: #300 as mentioned already.

Sadly one milestone i planned is gone. After the trophy level update Just Cause 3 :platinum: is no longer the trophy for lv up to 50...

Current plans include Nexomon as :platinum: #400 very soon and EDF 4.1 Shadow of the New Despair eventually much later too. Maybe :platinum: #600 or so. Depending on the time i need to finish it ?

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 3

I never planned them, I liked the randomness of it. I play what i want when I want and it was interesting to see what came out. These days they are so few and far between though I've started to plan them almost because I felt I had too. Just the Plats so far, #200, #250 and #300. My trophy number #15000 was accidentally a Plat which worked out so it can still happen but yeah I'm lucky to get a milestone a year now

The only time I planned anything for this site was to make sure my 100th platinum was Uncharted 4; and that was just so it was a better game than say Virginia or Xblaze: Lost Memories, the platinums of which were earned shortly before.

The numerical ones I don't worry about since I've got a lot of hidden games due to very low % but if I ever go back to one of them and unhide the game some of those milestones might change.