How closely do you plan your account?

Deadly_Ha_Ha

I've been going for platinums ever since trophies became a thing on PS3. School and other priorities often got in the way. Just yesterday I achieved my 84th platinum and I'm really surprised I haven't reached 100 yet lol. In the beginning I would play any game I wanted to on my profile and then try to platinum which ones I wanted. However, a few years ago I realized that certain games from PS+ have 'stained' my trophy profile for getting 1 or a few trophies after just trying them out. Due to this website, I'm much more conscious of my completion percentage and to a certain degree my ranking lol.

Over the last year or two I've started to plan out my platinums more on my journey to 100 platinums. The order changes though should a good sale happen or a good PS+ game come out. I've also started to get very tired of games that have a lot of collectibles (I'm more tolerable of completing all quests/challenges). Some games will take a lot of time and I still plan on getting the platinum on a few of them (Far Cry 4, Assassin's Creed: Origins), while I only platinum those very easy indie games if the game is actually fun to platinum.

I currently have a stack of 2 platinums (Sound Shapes) and plan on doing TellTale's The Walking Dead season 1 again on PS4 before continuing with seasons 3 and 4. By the time I reach 100 platinums I would actually have 97 UNIQUE platinums. So that got me thinking... once I reach 100 platinums, my next goal is 100 unique platinums (just 3 more games). And then THAT got me thinking of one final goal: 100 UNIQUE IP platinums. (I guess some things just never end haha).

I recently realized that my PS4's secondary accounts can still access my PS+ games and play online. I have such a great collection of games that I wouldn't want to 'tarnish' my main profile just for giving them a try. I realized that I can just use a secondary account to try out all these PS+ games that I add to my library instead.

• Like 1

That is an interesting question for this thread.

Just like others, I do too plan my milestones for my platinums whether it's non UR or UR. I went from #Platinum 175 to onwards and still going at it. I buy all the easy platinums to charge them up at 99% and leaving 1% for the platinum milestone. It takes alot hours of grinding, doing hard tasks and so on. Ultra Rare Platinums are never easy and hard to obtain. In most cases, only a quite handful of em is easy enough I supposed. I just finished doing 38x easy platinums to get at 349 plats and now 350th milestone and 6th UR and that's Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise. I still planned to do more milestones later this year and charge em up. I always care and take pride on what and how I wanted to do that is all.

• Like 2

Tbh I can’t say that I don’t care, I do care and plan my milestones but I am really happy that I reached 5k trophies and 100 plats, now I can worry less and chill because the amount of time it will take me to reach a milestone will be very long, and I already started the games that will be my 125 and 150 platinums I’ll just finish them and leave one trophy so whenever the time comes, I’ll pop them.

• Like 3

I say caring about your account is good! What I'm gathering from a lot of people here is that it's largely about the game that gets the milestone as opposed to an account full of micromanaging every or most milestones. It's like that for me too really, but I also think there's a lot of cool stuff that planning can provide when all these little things start building towards a really personalized account

Edited by Deadly_Ha_Ha
  • Like 1

The only time I plan out anything in my account is when there is that "xth platinum" milestone incoming. Otherwise no, it is against my nature to plan anything. I tried to have a platinum as my 6000th trophy, ended up having a random Bioshock infinite bronze because I didn't feel like playing another game at that moment. 

Also order of games... Nah. Tried once with God of War, wasn't fun at all, gave up. 

Didnt plan anything before 100th plat which was Catherine. 

Recently f*cked up trophy milestones with vita being offline but its not that of a problem, got over it. 

400th plat was Cyberpunk and 20000th trophy was Slayer of Trophies from Demon's Souls Remake. 

I plan Witcher 3 or 3D Dot Heroes for the 450th and Gran Turismo 5 for the 500th platinum. 

Edited by Ptirle
  • Like 1

Plan? I just pick a game I want to play and I quickly check it has no unobtainable trophies. If it has no unobtainable trophies I play it until I beat it ignoring all other games.  Usually I just play whatever ftrr games are available on PSN as Im trying to save. Pretty simple really. 

Edited by Dan-lives-here

I do have a vague idea what I want my milestones to be.

Quite often they tend to be stacks of games I already got for another system / region and enjoyed a lot.

Currently it's Nexomon Extinction - NA for #550 and Witcher 3 Complete Edition for #600 that's planned.

But both are a long way off, so my mind can easily change before needing to prepare for milestones.

5 hours ago, ZanFear said:

*snip* 

I currently have a stack of 2 platinums (Sound Shapes) and plan on doing TellTale's The Walking Dead season 1 again on PS4 before continuing with seasons 3 and 4. By the time I reach 100 platinums I would actually have 97 UNIQUE platinums. So that got me thinking... once I reach 100 platinums, my next goal is 100 unique platinums (just 3 more games). And then THAT got me thinking of one final goal: 100 UNIQUE IP platinums. (I guess some things just never end haha).

*snip*

- Platinum the alphabet

- 30 plats in 30 days

- Platinum with a percentage rarity starting with every number under 30

- etc 

- etc

?

• Like 1

I don’t really have a plan per say in regards to my account.

I basically just buy whatever interests me then I preced to earn all the trophies.

Now with that said I do have a goal within my profile and even a end goal at that, witch is too obtain 100% completion with 300 ultra rares and 200 platinums.

I actually decided very recently to limit this to only ps4 games(except for Demons Souls, cus I had already started it)

I felt this was best due to the fact that I’m getting older and while I do love video games and challenging myself. 

There will come at time when I will tire of it none the less(of throwing myself at the wall I mean, I’m always gonna be gaming no matter the age)

I feel this is truly the right way to do it, cus all great journeys need to have their endings. 
I mean we can’t just keep trophy hunting till we’re 60 years old afterall and expect everything to workout ya know.

So it’s gonna be ps5 games on a more casual account for the unseen future and this one will be the completion account.

Anyways thanks for reading this and happy trophy hunting to all.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ptirle said:

I plan Witcher 3 or 3D Dot Heroes for the 450th and Gran Turismo 5 for the 500th platinum. 

Dude I've never heard another human being mention that game! I wish they would have released it for ps4 too

2 minutes ago, damage_6-9 said:

Just every 1,000th trophy & plats for PSN Level markers... had 81 consecutive before the change, current streak is 46.

I know it's meaningless in the scheme of things, but it's something I like doing.

The change made things frustrating; I miss the old levels

Edited by Deadly_Ha_Ha
  • Like 1

I've pretty much only ever planned ahead for my x00 platinums. Apart from that I might notice a milestone coming up and alter some things but only if I can see it'll line up easily. I do however try to plan ahead for what games I'm going to play so that I don't get burnt out on a particular genre or something, I'll pick my next 2-3 games and play through them. Often though I find something and just insert it into the order though so I'm pretty flexible anyway.

I do plan out some of my milestones. Gran Turismo 5 was my 50th plat. OlliOlli 2 being the 75th was just a happy coincidence. I wasn’t really focusing on multiples of 25. I was initially hoping to make Super Meat Boy number 100 but I just didn’t have the determination to power through the game back then so I decided to make it Hollow Knight, one of the best metroidvanias of all time. Since 75 ended up being something special I decided to make 125 special as well with Skullgirls 2nd Encore. Finally I’m planning on making SMB 150. It’s a long term goal but I’m also planning on RDR2 being 200. 

• Like 2

I forgot to add this other thing that I'm doing. I'm trying to get a 'year of platinum', meaning a platinum on every day of the year. I've 300 plats so far but on looking at the dates, I've overlapped about 44 dates with more than 1 platinum on each meaning I need around 410 total platinums to fill the year. I got a 'leap plat' last year so no waiting around for that date!. I know some might find this totally mad, but it makes the hunt interesting to say the least. 

• Like 1

I didn't really pay attention to the milestones until more recently. I was happy to be able to pop the UR plat for Titan Souls as my 9000th trophy!! That's about as far as my preplanning goes tho. Maybe moving forward I will aim for the milestones to be UR plats only, but we shall see. With that being said, I can't say I care to put all that much effort into it, and I don't like to restrict myself from playing any games for any reason! 

On 3/17/2021 at 3:51 AM, GonzoWARgasm said:

- Platinum the alphabet

- 30 plats in 30 days

- Platinum with a percentage rarity starting with every number under 30

- etc 

- etc

1f605.png

haha! I like the addition of a Platinum for each letter of the alphabet! I’m only missing 6 letters: E, J, Q, V, X, Y and I already have some ideas.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ZanFear said:

haha! I like the addition of a Platinum for each letter of the alphabet! I’m only missing 6 letters: E, J, Q, V, X, Y and I already have some ideas.

Hm this is a good Idea, is it the game itself that you are basing the letter for..OR the plat title being the letter of the Alphabet?

I feel like this could be an interesting one either way