Highly suggested: Play in one sitting to avoid problems

Ok so I have never had such problems with a game before in my life. I got stuck in chapter 5 which took me 2 days of finessing the game to worm my way back out of the hole I was in. And then the next day, here I am stuck at the end of chapter 6 trying for hours unable to progress because I quit the game and came back later to play again. I absolutely strongly urge you to play this game one sitting or at least just keep it on pause and don’t turn the system off when you take a break. This is the best piece of advice I can give. I believe if I had not turned the system off I would not be having these problems.

• Like 1

Unfortunately this is a known problem with the game. It's not necessary to play in one sitting though. When you load back into the game after you restarted it, make sure to immediately quit out and load the same save file again. If you do not do that you might get stuck with quests not appearing or progress being locked.

Yes I have been doing that and it’s not helping. I’m stuck on chapter 6 part 2 where the farthest I can go is the dragon’s lair but I cannot backtrack to Nordinbad to start Chapter 7. I will continue to repeatedly back in and out of the game to try and push it like I did with chapter 5 but I may have to scrap this playthrough and start over.