Warning: Don't install the 1.08 patch! (Update: Fixed with v1.09 but broken again with 1.10 for some people)

It's causing problems for me. I am at 41/41 challenges right now and have a completed Saints Book, but "You're My Hero" is not unlocking. Tried to reload an older save (37/41) and did the challenges again, but still not popping.

Advice? I will try to do it on a friend's save with co-op play later, but i have no idea what is causing it. 

And their customer support is garbage, sent me an automated response asking me if i have the latest patch installed.. B*tch having the latest patch installed is why i filled the ticket in the first place! Didnt they test this out before release? Lol

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, the1andonly654 said:

I'm glad I saw this thread, almost bought it on sale today. Loved the other Saint's Row games and was looking forward to it. I'll wait until they fix the game. Thanks! 

Seems like these days you have to do some research to know if a game works as intended or not.

many many games have bugs these days :(

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MilanXXL said:

It's causing problems for me. I am at 41/41 challenges right now and have a completed Saints Book, but "You're My Hero" is not unlocking. Tried to reload an older save (37/41) and did the challenges again, but still not popping.

Advice? I will try to do it on a friend's save with co-op play later, but i have no idea what is causing it. 

Tested to do the last challenges offline, from a fresh restarted PS5, not stand by. Did not work.

On 17-3-2021 at 4:46 PM, MilanXXL said:

Tested to do the last challenges offline, from a fresh restarted PS5, not stand by. Did not work.

Update: Did a test in online co-op, and that’s not working either. I guess we’ll wait on a new patch then. 

Update: still a problem. Weirdest thing is that I was playin all day just fine, and after the final mission the glitched just popped up. Didn't get my throphy for finishing act 3 and got stuck in the saving loop. Sucks, because I was really hoping to 100% this over the weekend, and I'm pretty much done with the main game.

Edit: Restarted the game and managed to make a back-up of the save. Going to try and play the final mission again tomorrow. Maybe it was just a one-off...

Edited by TheNarrator-23

I got hit with this nasty glitch yesterday. I finished the kill-deckers.exe mission but the trophy didn't pop, I then noticed the autosave symbol stuck in the top corner of the screen and I couldn't make a manual save. I deleted the game and reinstalled it but the problem is still there. It is so weird because I have played nearly the whole game with the 1.08 patch and have never had a problem until now ?

On 25/03/2021 at 7:05 PM, TheNarrator-23 said:

Update: still a problem. Weirdest thing is that I was playin all day just fine, and after the final mission the glitched just popped up. Didn't get my throphy for finishing act 3 and got stuck in the saving loop. Sucks, because I was really hoping to 100% this over the weekend, and I'm pretty much done with the main game.

Edit: Restarted the game and managed to make a back-up of the save. Going to try and play the final mission again tomorrow. Maybe it was just a one-off...

Same situation here. Exactly the same, was also hoping to 100% it this weekend too.

The only trophy left for me was 'You're My Hero!' for completing all the challenges in the Saints Book. Not ideal, but my workaround for the trophy to pop was to reinstall de game without any patches. I completed my last challenges and the trophy popped + the platinum. 

On 3/27/2021 at 8:39 PM, Someguy42 said:

Like several others here the game was working fine aside from a few hiccups. Once I began to wrap up all the side content the game stops saving and now suddenly trophies don't unlock. What do I even do at this point?

Just wait for them to fix it.

I noticed that I missed the trophy for clearing everything in the downtown district on friday evening. 

Since then i were able to save manually once after reinstalling the game. 

I bought the digital version, so there is no chance to play without the patches.

I'll just have to wait until they fix this. 

Thank god i got a few more games to play :D

They are doing great job. "Cape" trophy glitched in PS3 as well as in PS4 version of Saints Row IV, unreliable counting system for connected contracts in Agents of Mayhem and now this. Even though I really like SR4 and SR3 Remaster was discounted some time ago, I didn't buy it and it seems to be good for me.

1 hour ago, MarcelGK said:

Just wait for them to fix it.

I noticed that I missed the trophy for clearing everything in the downtown district on friday evening. 

Since then i were able to save manually once after reinstalling the game. 

I bought the digital version, so there is no chance to play without the patches.

I'll just have to wait until they fix this. 

Thank god i got a few more games to play :D

Use this trick to downgrade your digital copy to 1.07 :)

On 26/3/2021 at 2:23 AM, RedundantSquash said:

I got hit with this nasty glitch yesterday. I finished the kill-deckers.exe mission but the trophy didn't pop, I then noticed the autosave symbol stuck in the top corner of the screen and I couldn't make a manual save. I deleted the game and reinstalled it but the problem is still there. It is so weird because I have played nearly the whole game with the 1.08 patch and have never had a problem until now 1f61f.png

This happens to me, the game needs another patch ?

yeah I noticed this too, thankfully I plated and 100% the game back last year but keep returning and playing the game for the fun ( trying to do all the knife flights, under the bridges, and all the jumps to get 100% in-game completion) and now I can't save my progress on my new save file with a different character, when the never ending save loop happen even the manual save won't gonna be helpful as the save system will basically gonna be locked away.

seriously devs now days are so lazy than ever, not only they started to ship games broken and Will Fix it Later.... When We Feel Like it, but now even their patches themselves is started to show a sign of lazyness too, then they'll blame it all to the covid and working from home.

funny how they now need a patch to patch a patch.

• Like 2

I ran into this bug part way through Act 2. After playing around with saves I figured out a temporary way around it. 

Load the game

Delete your AutoSave

Start a New Game

Once you've gotten past the intro and character creation the game will make an AutoSave

After the cut scenes you'll be on the plane, Quit to Main Menu.

Close the game

Make a backup of just the AutoSave, preferably to a USB

Load the game

Start by loading the AutoSave

Once on the plane(you can skip cut scenes) pause and load one of your manual saves

So long as you keep playing without closing the game, you'll be able to progress, save, and unlock trophies. Once you're ready to quit playing make a manual save, delete AutoSave before closing the game, then transfer the New Game AutoSave you backed up from USB to console. Each time you start playing, start with the New Game AutoSave, pause and load the manual save you want to play. 

I've done this since Act 2 and I was able to complete Act 2 and all DLC's. It is a bit of a hassle, but until it's officially fixed, this works.

I should also note I've only done this on my PS5 and can not confirm if it works on PS4, however I see no reason it shouldn't.

• Like 2

On 3/31/2021 at 2:33 PM, StotanLee said:

I ran into this bug part way through Act 2. After playing around with saves I figured out a temporary way around it. 

Load the game

Delete your AutoSave

Start a New Game

Once you've gotten past the intro and character creation the game will make an AutoSave

After the cut scenes you'll be on the plane, Quit to Main Menu.

Close the game

Make a backup of just the AutoSave, preferably to a USB

Load the game

Start by loading the AutoSave

Once on the plane(you can skip cut scenes) pause and load one of your manual saves

So long as you keep playing without closing the game, you'll be able to progress, save, and unlock trophies. Once you're ready to quit playing make a manual save, delete AutoSave before closing the game, then transfer the New Game AutoSave you backed up from USB to console. Each time you start playing, start with the New Game AutoSave, pause and load the manual save you want to play. 

I've done this since Act 2 and I was able to complete Act 2 and all DLC's. It is a bit of a hassle, but until it's officially fixed, this works.

I should also note I've only done this on my PS5 and can not confirm if it works on PS4, however I see no reason it shouldn't.

Can confirm it works! Many thanks bro?(PS5 also)

Edited by A1GAM3R_PS
  • Like 1