Warning: Don't install the 1.08 patch! (Update: Fixed with v1.09 but broken again with 1.10 for some people)

Started having the AutoSave bug this morning.  Tried the new game method stated above but didn't help.  I then deleted all but 3 of my manual saves and started to replay my earliest save file to redo the 1st act trophy and its been working just fine.  It seems like a disk space for mine.  idk. 

Edited by Unable2Think2

I had an issue with some story missions doing the "saving game" issue, which prevented trophies from popping. Replayed the missions a few times and got them on the 3th-4th try.

This issue becomes extreme on completion of takeovers though - it seems like if you leave a final activity to the last takeover, the "complete all x type of activity" might pop, but then the takeover achievement will not.

You basically need to play this game taking saves every 10 minutes so that you have places to fall back to for when the game inevitably breaks. If you're the kind of person who only plays off autosaves, you WILL have to restart from scratch, at some point.

Edited by Halle36

On 09/04/2021 at 9:44 AM, Halle36 said:

I had an issue with some story missions doing the "saving game" issue, which prevented trophies from popping. Replayed the missions a few times and got them on the 3th-4th try.

This issue becomes extreme on completion of takeovers though - it seems like if you leave a final activity to the last takeover, the "complete all x type of activity" might pop, but then the takeover achievement will not.

You basically need to play this game taking saves every 10 minutes so that you have places to fall back to for when the game inevitably breaks. If you're the kind of person who only plays off autosaves, you WILL have to restart from scratch, at some point.

I have many saves at many different points in the game and the autosave glitch happens no matter which one I lose. I even tried the method listed back on the first page (starting a new game) and the problem is still there. I tried completing kill.deckers exe 5 or 6 times but the trophy never popped. I really hope they fix this soon, I was so close to getting the plat :(

EDIT: I got an email this evening that says the devs should have a fix soon!

Edited by RedundantSquash
  • Like 1

UPDATE:

The 1.09 patch is now out :). I'll report back later once I've confirmed its contents and if the problem has been fixed. EDIT: The saving problem appears to be solved but I can't comment on the trophies, because I'm still some way off my next one.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

I find it hilarious that a decade old game like this actually has an update that breaks some trophies. Reminds me how Mafia II: Definitive Edition was being handled last year. 

I have no desire to play Saints Row the Third again. It was okay, but I didn’t like it quite as much as Saints Row IV. Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell was boring and tedious. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2021 at 7:22 AM, HuntingFever said:

UPDATE:

The 1.09 patch is now out :). I'll report back later once I've confirmed its contents and if the problem has been fixed. EDIT: The saving problem appears to be solved but I can't comment on the trophies, because I'm still some way off my next one.

Any confirmation on the trophies? I'm about to start this game soon and I'm somewhat worried they're going to glitch out on me.

4 minutes ago, SchnarfTacular said:

Any confirmation on the trophies? I'm about to start this game soon and I'm somewhat worried they're going to glitch out on me.

I haven't earned any trophies myself since the update landed, because I've been busy elsewhere but going by what MarcelGK said above, the trophies do seem to be fixed :).

27 minutes ago, SchnarfTacular said:

i can assure you that trophies are fixed, i have played with this new patch and i have earned some.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, imh007 said:

Did 1.10 break it again? Can't load manual saves (tried the workaround too), results in an infinite load screen, but the very same save loads fine in the ps5 version.. 

I haven't had any issues with the save system under 1.10, other than a phoney Save File corrupt warning on game boot up when I loaded the game for the first time after installing the update ?.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26.5.2021 at 0:08 PM, HuntingFever said:

I haven't had any issues with the save system under 1.10, other than a phoney Save File corrupt warning on game boot up when I loaded the game for the first time after installing the update 1f914.png.

I got the message too, and from that moment no trophy unlocked, ever since. No idea what they're doing back at deep silver.
Tried it with new game and different save files.
I now deleted the whole game and all save files, and will try it again in a couple of day, when I've calm down a bit. ?

2 hours ago, Tigra said:

I got the message too, and from that moment no trophy unlocked, ever since. No idea what they're doing back at deep silver.
Tried it with new game and different save files.
I now deleted the whole game and all save files, and will try it again in a couple of day, when I've calm down a bit. 1f621.png

I've had no issue earning any trophies post-patch so can't help you there :(.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 7/9/2021 at 2:00 PM, HuntingFever said:

There's a new patch out today that should fix this problem once and for all: https://saintsrow.com/news/saints-row-the-third-remastered-july-patch-notes

Damn, here I am reading this thread because I'm considering buying the EU version to get my third stack of this game and the thread goes cold with no mention of whether or not these issues have been fixed. Now its got me questioning if I should buy it or not.

5 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Damn, here I am reading this thread because I'm considering buying the EU version to get my third stack of this game and the thread goes cold with no mention of whether or not these issues have been fixed. Now its got me questioning if I should buy it or not.

If anyone can confirm the problem has been fixed permanently, I'll update the OP :).