Struggling with Easy Events

CowMoyoo

So, I recently started playing this game and I gotta say it is pretty fun, now, I know I am not good in racing games but god dammit I can barely complete an Easy Event on Bronze

Basically at the start of the events, like Hot Pursuit and Interceptor, the racers just completely leave me behind and many times, I can not even get close to them

The last event I did was the Interceptor mission called Judge and Jury, I was using the Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670-4 and for the love of god, I could not catch that car, and I tried several times, I just can't.

I try to mix up the Pursuit Tech, ESF is really fun, Shockwave is okay, it can be pretty useful and most of the time Heli just completely misses

I'd like to ask for some tips because I genuenly enjoy the game but I play like I don't have arms or something

Edited by CsabelitoHUN

this was one of only two racing games I have every played and was also my first  racing game. That being said i'm terrible at racing games and I had a lot of trouble  when I first started playing this game; But after a while I got used to the way the game ran. I will say though this game is really easy ounce you get use to it it just takes a bit of time to get the feel of it. As far as any tips go I don't really have any as its been a few years since I've played the game but I will say that switching between Racer and Cop helps a lot if your struggling with one faction or race. You can also just try a different race for your mission if your able to do so. Don't worry about https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2240-need-for-speed-rivals/6-bigger-points andhttps://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2240-need-for-speed-rivals/5-multiplier as there is a very easy method for them right hearhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcfG8HlPec0

I know this ant much for tips but just take your time and be patient and i promise you will still want to be playing this game after you plat it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/03/2021 at 11:18 PM, CsabelitoHUN said:

So, I recently started playing this game and I gotta say it is pretty fun, now, I know I am not good in racing games but god dammit I can barely complete an Easy Event on Bronze

Basically at the start of the events, like Hot Pursuit and Interceptor, the racers just completely leave me behind and many times, I can not even get close to them

The last event I did was the Interceptor mission called Judge and Jury, I was using the Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670-4 and for the love of god, I could not catch that car, and I tried several times, I just can't.

I try to mix up the Pursuit Tech, ESF is really fun, Shockwave is okay, it can be pretty useful and most of the time Heli just completely misses

I'd like to ask for some tips because I genuenly enjoy the game but I play like I don't have arms or something

Bruh ALL COMES DOWN TO PRACTICE believe me! Why you should believe me? I'm a f****** noob in racing games, I literally suck at them that's why I never buy them but this year I decided to try different games, games out of my comfort zone so I started with NFS Rivals and man I am at 86% already in trophies. Just unlocked the 100 gold medals one, believe me it is hard at first for us racing noobs LMFAO but then it gets better! I strongly advise you to unlock gold medals in as many COP events as possible because I am really finding the RACER career to be harder... Out of the 68 COP events I did gold in 64 of them so thankfully I didn't need much more medals in the Racer part. 

Good luck!

Edited by fresquinho
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, fresquinho said:

Bruh ALL COMES DOWN TO PRACTICE believe me! Why you should believe me? I'm a f****** noob in racing games, I literally suck at them that's why I never buy them but this year I decided to try different games, games out of my comfort zone so I started with NFS Rivals and man I am at 86% already in trophies. Just unlocked the 100 gold medals one, believe me it is hard at first for us racing noobs LMFAO but then it gets better! I strongly advise you to unlock gold medals in as many COP events as possible because I am really finding the RACER career to be harder... Out of the 68 COP events I did gold in 64 of them so thankfully I didn't need much more medals in the Racer part. 

Good luck!

Thanks!

Finished and platted this game already and I even wanted to do an update but then changed my mind.

It seemed like there was a lot of luck involved with some of the events but at the end it really wasn't anything bad

• 1 month later...

If your a copper, choose spike trap  start an event and watch the driving line of the racer.  Cancel the event and lay a couple of spike traps in its driving line, that way tyres burst early doors then ram the shit out of them.  I used this technique later on in the game to help on the harder speed lists.  This will help you out with leveling up at least which may make things easier.

Edited by Hulsinator1
Spelling

After playing thru racing games like Driveclub and Ducati: 90th Anniversary, Need for Speed Rivals is honestly a bit of a mediocre racing game.

Bad game mechanics. Too many objectives to try to reach Rank 60 in a faction. Race cars are made of glass. A crash in this game results in a few seconds of your car hopelessly tumbling over and over until the game puts you back into the action, while spawning you in the wrong direction.

I already had to restart events countless times because the game mechanics in this game are just awful. I'm sorry Driveclub and Ducati: 90th Anniversary. I was far too harsh on you both.

Edited by AJ_Radio