Easiest 8☆ songs? (DLC songs are acceptable)

• 1 year later...

One trick that can be used for this trophy is to play the KAGEKIYO song in its URA version with two controls.
The score becomes a lot easier (something equivalent to ☆6), but the song is still considered ☆10

Edited by LOG-FX
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

@LOG-FX im really struggling with this game, its one of the only things standing in the way of my account being at a 100% completion rate.

Any other tips and tricks you did on how you obtained the platinum?

what controller configure did you use.

and what were the best songs to do the full clear trophies on.

anything would be amazing thankyou my dude! 

@PlatinumDuva

I did it fully in the Type 2 settings (L1, R1 for blue notes), because I prefer to disperse the overload on 4 fingers.

I noticed that most of high ranked players plays in Type 1(using only the thumbs), but I think the trophy is doable on both settings, so it's more a matter of preference.

For the trophy of 999 combos, if you don't have the DLCs, Kurenai (☆8) maybe practically your only option.

Unlike the relay trophy, It can be done with Support 2 (red and blue notes doesn't matters), which decreases drastically the trophy's difficult.

Good like with your trophy hunting!

• Like 1

The 999 trophy will be a hard one yer, i dont even care if i have to buy dlc if it means there's easier songs to obtain it with.

Oh wow i thought you couldn't have supports at all?

So your telling me i can just make all the notes the same colour and i can get it the 10,000 8* consecutive trophy?

@LOG-FX

Edited by PlatinumDuva

• 4 weeks later...
On 19/07/2022 at 1:47 PM, LOG-FX said:

One trick that can be used for this trophy is to play the KAGEKIYO song in its URA version with two controls.
The score becomes ridiculously easy (something equivalent to ☆6), but the song is still considered ☆10

If you play KAGEKIYO this way, do you have to FC on both controls or only the main one?

This plat is gonna be unbearably hard, I'm having trouble just getting rank 50 online.

By far the easiest song I found was just to do Memeshikute. You have to do it 27 times in a row for the trophy but it's a lot easier than anything else you could find.

I also tried Kagekiyo for the trophy, made some good progress with it and you have to FC it less times in a row (I think 13-14) but it's quite a bit easier to miss in comparison to Memeshikute.

Either way, a 10,000 streak is absolute hell on your nerves so brace yourself.

Edited by SlimSanta94

On 16/09/2022 at 8:54 PM, SlimSanta94 said:

By far the easiest song I found was just to do Memeshikute. You have to do it 27 times in a row for the trophy but it's a lot easier than anything else you could find.

I also tried Kagekiyo for the trophy, made some good progress with it and you have to FC it less times in a row (I think 13-14) but it's quite a bit easier to miss in comparison to Memeshikute.

Either way, a 10,000 streak is absolute hell on your nerves so brace yourself.

Yeah, it seems like it's gonna be hell.

I can't even clear Memeshikute on extreme and that's the easiest one for the trophy,

Can you remember how long did it take for you to be able to play extreme levels better? @SlimSanta94

I can't even imagine doing it without practicing dozen of hours.

Edited by Clennx

12 hours ago, Clennx said:

Yeah, it seems like it's gonna be hell.

I can't even clear Memeshikute on extreme and that's the easiest one for the trophy,

Can you remember how long did it take for you to be able to play extreme levels better? @SlimSanta94

I can't even imagine doing it without practicing dozen of hours.

I have a lot of experience with rhythm games so I had gotten used to the game and was playing on extreme within an hour, but it took me around 15 hours of practice before I was at the point of FCing the easier 8* charts consistently for the 999 streak and 10,000 streak trophies. If you're relatively new to rhythm gaming I can't confidently say how long exactly it would take to get to that point. All I can say is Taiko is not exactly known to be friendly to beginners, on top of it being very difficult to play at the level required for the platinum it causes a LOT of sensory overload while you play which just makes it harder if you're not used to it. Progress and improvement is generally slow but don't get disheartened, the effort you put in will be rewarded so just trust in the process and eventually it'll work out.

• Like 2

On 2022/9/17 at 8:42 AM, Clennx said:

If you play KAGEKIYO this way, do you have to FC on both controls or only the main one?

Only the main one. I'm pretty sure that it works even if you login P2 as a guest user.

FC in this version of KAGEKIYO gives 527 combos, so you only have to do it 18times +α. 

The score turns like this video (the video is from Wii version, but it's the same on PS4)

This variation of the score is somewhat unknown, but it can definitely help some players stucked at the 10000 combo's trophy.

(Although, I agree that Memeshikute is one of the best options when attempting for this trophy normally)

• Like 1