The DLCs returned in the US PSN Store

Bilal

Yes, that is right.

You heard about the resurrection project from PSONE? 

This group just spoke with sony to bring the dlcs back and sony rly bring the dlcs back in a bundle. So the 100% isnt impossible anymore

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-BCUS98117_00-PS3STORE_BUNDLE2?PlatformPrivacyWs1=all&psappver=19.15.0&smcid=psapp

Edited by Bilal_Ibrahim
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, Bilal_Ibrahim said:

Yes, that is right.

You heard about the resurrection project from PSONE? 

This group just spoke with sony to bring the dlcs back and sony rly bring the dlcs back in a bundle. So the 100% isnt impossible anymore

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-BCUS98117_00-PS3STORE_BUNDLE2?PlatformPrivacyWs1=all&psappver=19.15.0&smcid=psapp

Wait, that's the old store?? Didn't they kill those links so the only access was via ps3 and vita stores?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Wait, that's the old store?? Didn't they kill those links so the only access was via ps3 and vita stores?

You can still use the old store it typically won't display the games on sale right anymore. But works fine for purchasing older Vita and PS3 content on PC/Mobile Browser without using either console.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

You can still use the old store it typically won't display the games on sale right anymore. But works fine for purchasing older Vita and PS3 content on PC/Mobile Browser without using either console.

PsPrices plus old store is how I buy games on PSN now, any game that is on sale will show as on sale if you go to the specific store page on the old store.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

That's great! I thought it was gone for good. And... it's interesting how at this point in time the went and added this dlc package for Warhawk. If I'm not mistaken, the official servers were shut down, even.

3 hours ago, tony_snake_24 said:

That's great! I thought it was gone for good. And... it's interesting how at this point in time the went and added this dlc package for Warhawk. If I'm not mistaken, the official servers were shut down, even.

The group in question they mentioned that asked Sony to being back the dlc. Is a group dedicated to bringing back the online back for games that shut down from the PS2 and PS3.

They currently have Twisted Metal Black (PS2) and Warhawk (PS3) as the first titles they are getting to work.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

The group in question they mentioned that asked Sony to being back the dlc. Is a group dedicated to bringing back the online back for games that shut down from the PS2 and PS3.

They currently have Twisted Metal Black (PS2) and Warhawk (PS3) as the first titles they are getting to work.

Excuse my ignorance but is this something they could also get working for other shut down servers like Killzone 2/3?

28 minutes ago, re-VELA-tion said:

Excuse my ignorance but is this something they could also get working for other shut down servers like Killzone 2/3?

It depends very much in the game, because most used very specific architecture and encryption methods which are impossible to legally recreate so don't get your hopes up of this ever being more than a niche thing :(.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

It depends very much in the game, because most used very specific architecture and encryption methods which are impossible to legally recreate so don't get your hopes up of this ever being more than a niche thing :(.

Well, if we are lucky enough Big Leagues might be obtainable! haha. Probably not, but let's hope at least some titles can be revived then. Extremely unlikely imo, but hey, who knows. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

^^Very much this.

5 hours ago, re-VELA-tion said:

One thing alot alot of people don't realize is that server code like any other can be protected meaning it can be illegal to copy or recreate. Some of it might be reused even in games that are still playable now. Which is why alot of Developers/Publishers don't just hand out the code, because they could have part of that code integrated into another game still live. This could create a potential backdoor for hackers to their still live servers.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...