Play at Home 2021 update: 10 free games to download this spring

DEI2EK

Cool! Free games are always welcome, especially during these times.

And actually, this looks like a pretty solid selection of titles to try out. Good work, Sony. The gesture is very much appreciated. :) 

• Like 2

Hell yeah, I've been meaning to buy Subnautica, Rez Infinite and Enter the Gungeon for ages. 

Between these last 2 plus months and this... All of a sudden I don't hate Sony that much anymore...

Wooooooo, all hail backlog hell!

Edited by BlitzkriegHottie
Several excitement induced typos.

This exceeded my expectations.  I thought it was going to be one game a month, and that it was probably an old AAA that I had played or owned. So to get 10 games is pretty amazing. A few of them I was waiting to buy from sales and some others I can now sell my discs.

Edited by ccase137

And this is why I love being a Sony/ Ps4 fan! They do so many great things for us gamers instead of just offering 'game pass subsciptions' of some sort.

Can't wait to check out Subnautica, Abzu, Enter the Gungeon and of course Horizon Zero Dawn Complete edition (god I've been wanting that game for a loooong time).

Anyone wanting to platinum The Witness I warn you. The final trophy is extremely hard and takes an incredible amount of skill and patience.

Edited by its_ArchroniX
  • Like 2

On 17-3-2021 at 8:28 PM, ZitMeatloaf said:

Sony could offer 50 free games including several big titles and some people would still find a reason to complain.

Ofcourse, 50 free games is still 50 less than 100 free games, i won't be happy with anything less than 100

For real now: I've always been thinking about playing Horizon, never got to it though, always has been on my wishlist (yeah, you could call this 'my complaint' if you really want to) but never on my buying list, its pretty nice to be able to get it for free

Actually most freebies were pretty decent lately, last year with the Uncharted series & now this, these are those 'good moves' that would literally become engraved in your memory

36 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

ABZU has an issue where it's locked at 40FPS on the PS5. It plays fine with smooth 60FPS on PS4 Pro. Just a heads up.

Thanks but I couldn't care less about the fps, my problem was the disastrous performance, it's the 1st game I run on my ps4 which froze my console many times, US physical version.

On 17.3.2021 at 8:49 PM, shxrpay said:

An odd question:

Will you be able to region stack these? Like if you claim Moss from NA then from EU, will you have both region versions?

If the games are free for all it will be possible to get Paper Beast (NA / EU), Subnautica (JP / Other regions) and Moss (NA / EU). 

• Like 1

Subnautica always was high on my list to buy, then ended up not doing. But for free? Yes please.

Gungeon and a few others are interesting so thats awesome.

Im playing HZD right now for the 1st time as it is. But more ppl playing great games is a good thing.

Encore n Bravo Sony

Not heard of any of these except for Horizon. I have access to that through my friend's primary but it will be nice to download it for myself just in case he ever needs to take the primary back.

Gotta' be honest, a nice gesture but it seems a bit of a poxy list. Couldn't they have thrown in Skyrim or a Fallout game?

On 3/19/2021 at 9:20 AM, ScarecrowsFate said:

Gungeon look outstanding, at least, although the latter is probably a hair too challenging for my taste.

You got 100% on The Binding of Isaac, so I think you're just fine.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2021 at 0:37 PM, GoldenShaka said:

Base ps4, BUT I've ran many other suppously buggy games, ie Vampyr, and never got my console constantly frozen.

Actually now that you mention this I vaguely remember this game having issues on the base model and possibly even the slims. So I guess if you want to play this game you should get a Pro lol.

Spoiler

Unless you didn't care about the trophies you could also try it on PC or Xbox.

4 hours ago, TelfordianBrad said:

Not heard of any of these except for Horizon. I have access to that through my friend's primary but it will be nice to download it for myself just in case he ever needs to take the primary back.

Gotta' be honest, a nice gesture but it seems a bit of a poxy list. Couldn't they have thrown in Skyrim or a Fallout game?

These are all critically acclaimed games, sure two of them require VR and two others were given out previously with PS+ in the US but that's still a lot of games for the low price of nothing. I think I personally own most of these already, still great that others can experience them.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Juzota said:

You got 100% on The Binding of Isaac, so I think you're just fine.

I don't know... I watch a streamer (bisnap) who is an absolute master at both games, and he always says that Gungeon is WAY harder than Isaac. That's kind of intimidating, y'know?

• Like 1