Play at Home 2021 update: 10 free games to download this spring

DEI2EK

I really recommend everybody goes out and buys PSVR so they can play Astro Bot. Best game of the last few generations by a mile. Moss, Paper Beast, Rez, and thumper are also great VR games, as is Farpoint which is still free to download for plus subscribers. Resi7 is on ps collection for those with a ps5, and many may have already downloaded the likes of Bound and Until Dawn Rush of Blood etc...

basically I’m saying plus subscribers, especially, now have hundreds of pounds worth of games and it would be a great idea to get PSVR now, it’s phenomenal and you’ll never have to buy a game for it to get value out of it (although you’ll want to).

Edited by thefourfoldroot

1 hour ago, ScarecrowsFate said:

I don't know... I watch a streamer (bisnap) who is an absolute master at both games, and he always says that Gungeon is WAY harder than Isaac. That's kind of intimidating, y'know?

I agree it is harder than Isaac, but wouldn't say WAY harder. Learning curve is pretty steep but If I can get every trophy, I have no doubt that anyone else can do it as well. Isaac and Gungeon are my two favorite roguelikes, so I would definitely recommend Gungeon if you enjoyed Isaac.

• Like 1

Wait for some reason I thought Enter The Gungeon didn't have a plat... Well certainly glad to find out I was wrong and this will probably shoot up to the top of my games to play list, I love BOI so I'm sure I will enjoy this. 

Already played Abzu and The Witness (would recommend to anyone that hasn't) but I'll probably play Subnautica even though the ocean terrifies me. Might play through the HZD dlcs someday if I can ever be bothered, do people feel like they are worth playing?

9 hours ago, JoesusHCrust said:

I'd like to get a PSVR set but.....I'm poor :(

Any tips on the cheapest way to get one? 

Legally like! Obviously shoplift one from Cex would be cheapest but I don't do feeving! 

CEX would be £180 for V2 (although I found it as low as £218 new). If you can take some finished games to CEX to trade in you may only be looking at the price of a few new games. Wirth saving for in my opinion.

Plus, I think with news of the PSVR2 being released in the next couple of years we’ll find the price dropping at CEX as more people trade theirs in.

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 1

On 26.3.2021 at 6:07 AM, Sylvanticore said:

I've grabbed all of the games that do not require a VR headset, don't really want one or have space to use one. Downloaded Abzu and will play it tomorrow after some sleep.

I would recommend that you put them in your library anyway. You never know if and when you will have VR or VR 2, even if it's only in a few years. Then you could use these games and you would be happy to have put them in the library back then. 

For me there was no library button for these games, so press download and then cancel it immediately. Then it counts as bought and is in your library.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 4

On 2021-03-18 at 8:32 AM, its_ArchroniX said:

And this is why I love being a Sony/ Ps4 fan! They do so many great things for us gamers instead of just offering 'game pass subsciptions' of some sort.

Can't wait to check out Subnautica, Abzu, Enter the Gungeon and of course Horizon Zero Dawn Complete edition (god I've been wanting that game for a loooong time).

Anyone wanting to platinum The Witness I warn you. The final trophy is extremely hard and takes an incredible amount of skill and patience.

I'll praise what they did here any day of the week. But don't act like Game Pass is bad. It's superior to PS Now by miles. PS Now is laughfully bad, PS3 games have to be streamed because they decided to use a unique architecture, that they won't bother working on to let games be played on PS4's/PS5's, they barely support any regions, a majority of games on the service are awful.

You do realize competition is needed for better products and that consumers will benefit as a result? We don't need Sony getting cocking and charging $500 US for their console.

9 hours ago, JoesusHCrust said:

I'd like to get a PSVR set but.....I'm poor :(

Any tips on the cheapest way to get one? 

Legally like! Obviously shoplift one from Cex would be cheapest but I don't do feeving! 

Besides pre-owned? Nope.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

I'll praise what they did here any day of the week. But don't act like Game Pass is bad. It's superior to PS Now by miles. PS Now is laughfully bad, PS3 games have to be streamed because they decided to use a unique architecture, that they won't bother working on to let games be played on PS4's/PS5's, they barely support any regions, a majority of games on the service are awful.

I never stated game pass was bad but I don't see Microsoft/ Xbox just 'giving away' games in these times. That's my point. Game pass can be good (never owned an Xbox so I can't tell you about it) but that's all Xbox offers I guess.

We at PS get, what, 9 FREE games without having to pay for a subscription or whatever. Really hard not to like that.

8 hours ago, Sikutai said:

I would recommend that you put them in your library anyway. You never know if and when you will have VR or VR 2, even if it's only in a few years. Then you could use these games and you would be happy to have put them in the library back then. 

For me there was no library button for these games, so press download and then cancel it immediately. Then it counts as bought and is in your library.

You do raise a fair point, thanks for changing my mind :)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, its_ArchroniX said:

I never stated game pass was bad but I don't see Microsoft/ Xbox just 'giving away' games in these times. That's my point. Game pass can be good (never owned an Xbox so I can't tell you about it) but that's all Xbox offers I guess.

We at PS get, what, 9 FREE games without having to pay for a subscription or whatever. Really hard not to like that.

Epic Games, which has the awful EGS gives away a free game every week (sometimes 2, maybe even 3) & gives away even more during December.

Game Pass for $1 that has access to hundreds of games > 11 free games that are widely owned.

Regardless, Sony giving these games away is great. It's good for the consumer. I don't think it compares to Game Pass or EGS though.

• 2 weeks later...