GTA Online loading times now 70% Faster!

Gr4de_04

Good news for anyone still playing this (I'm not but seems worthwhile to share), GTA Online load times are now 70% faster.

This is all due to the efforts of 1 man, a fan of the game who did some tinkering to figure out why it was so slow, and once he released his findings, Rockstar paid him 10K and implemented the changes needed to cut down the loading times. This should make all the online trophies much less tedious and way faster to achieve.

News article:https://www.gamesradar.com/gta-online-load-time-fix/

Post from the fan (breakdown): https://nee.lv/2021/02/28/How-I-cut-GTA-Online-loading-times-by-70/

Edited by Gr4de_04
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

Wasn't that just for the PC version of GTA V? Or are they planning to roll this out to the console versions too?

That's what I thought too. I remember seeing this post weeks ago in r/GTAOnline thinking Rockstar wouldn't do anything, because, well it's their awful Online mode. Could've sworn in Rockstar's blog post they said it'd only affect PC. (Console still has ridiculously long load times, which I don't see there can't be some shoddy code ruining it)

In a tweet, Rockstar support announced that "a new title update is now available for Grand Theft Auto V and GTA Online, including improvements to load times on the PC version of GTA Online." In the attached version 1.53 patch notes, "improvements to PC loading times" are included, along with a message reading "thanks to t0st for his contributions around this part of today's title update," referencing the fan who identified the potential fix.

Edited by OmegaRejectz
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, OmegaRejectz said:

That's what I thought too. I remember seeing this post weeks ago in r/GTAOnline thinking Rockstar wouldn't do anything, because, well it's their awful Online mode. Could've sworn in Rockstar's blog post they said it'd only affect PC. (Console still has ridiculously long load times, which I don't see there can't be some shoddy code ruining it)

In a tweet, Rockstar support announced that "a new title update is now available for Grand Theft Auto V and GTA Online, including improvements to load times on the PC version of GTA Online." In the attached version 1.53 patch notes, "improvements to PC loading times" are included, along with a message reading "thanks to t0st for his contributions around this part of today's title update," referencing the fan who identified the potential fix.

The PS4 version got a 1.37 update which I installed today and loaded up the game, but the load times were just the same as they were before. I'm hoping that with the knowledge they now have that Rockstar can do something with the console versions.

3 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

The PS4 version got a 1.37 update which I installed today and loaded up the game, but the load times were just the same as they were before. I'm hoping that with the knowledge they now have that Rockstar can do something with the console versions.

I highly doubt Rockstar would do anything. I find it incredibly hard, nigh impossible, that Rockstar didn't know their PC version was completely busted. Unless another fan comes up and fixes all their code for them, they won't do it. They'd much rather someone else do everything and pay them peanuts in comparison to what they make.

Oh my bad. I assummed it was for all platforms. Maybe i read past it but I didn't saw PC specficially and exclusivly mentioned. However, maybe they will be able to implement it to the console versions? I have no idea why they shouldn't be able to do that. I think that if they cut the loading times down that hard that people are willing to play for longer too.