Free from April 20th to May 15th

ScavzYT

17 minutes ago, Neef-GT5 said:

To anyone who hasn’t played Horizon yet: stop thinking and go for it! 

Sounds like a trap! The last time someone said something like that, I ended up playing Samael ? You won't fool me this time! 

I know, I know, how dare she mention that wretched piece of work when speaking of Horizon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Why don't they ever give us games that aren't 100 years old that everyone and their mother has likely played already?

I've yet to play this game... mostly because I've not seen it go on sale. So getting it for free would be good for sure.

How big is the game in terms of file size anyway? Based upon patches and all that anyway. I mean, I'll get the game for sure, but knowing my luck, it'll take me at least 2 tries to download it xD

11 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I've yet to play this game... mostly because I've not seen it go on sale. So getting it for free would be good for sure.

How big is the game in terms of file size anyway? Based upon patches and all that anyway. I mean, I'll get the game for sure, but knowing my luck, it'll take me at least 2 tries to download it xD

The Complete Edition + the 1.52 patch was approx 40-50gb so the base game with just the patch, should be approx 30gb.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Because then people would complain that they’re trying to give away games they couldn’t sell and they should give away more popular games. 

You could've just said this^ and left it at that. You are a moderator, a representative of this website. It's in my opinion (and I wouldn't doubt it if it were of the website owner's opinion as well) that all moderators should conduct themselves in a professional manner. Saying "Haters gonna hate, no point in trying to appease haters. Even by giving away free stuff, clearly" is very unprofessional, if you ask me. I'd expect a comment like this from a regular member, not a moderator. 

No moderator over on PlayStationTrophies talks like that to their members, at least not that I'm aware of. They've never with me anyway and I've gotten into tons of verbal tussles with most of them over the years. Hell, even on here as well. Why? Probably because I speak my mind, don't bite my (virtual) tongue and don't give a shit who's offended by what I say which oftentimes doesn't sit well with overly sensitive people and also serves as "argument fuel" for those that just love to start shit and/or be up in the middle of it. So, yeah, usually my comments inadvertently tend to stir up controversy. 

The other reason for this is due to the fact that I do indeed bitch and complain a lot. Hey, that's me, that's how I am and I'm not "changing my ways" to appease the masses. It's quite simple, really: if someone doesn't like it, don't read it, don't respond. I'm not breaking a single rule by complaining and in no way, shape or form does it affect one's personal life so let me do me and you do you. 

4 hours ago, Neef-GT5 said:

Sony gives away one of the very best games of this generation and there are still people who manage to complain about it. Unreal...

Says who, you? Listen, I'm sure there are tons of people that feel the same as you. But I'm sure there's also tons of people that don't (I'm one of them). I'm not saying that the game is trash (I mean, how would I know, I never played it) but after doing soooo much research into this game way back when, in the end it just wasn't a game for me. I mean, hell, maybe the consensus is in agreement with you? All I was simply saying is that I wish Sony would give us something newer and not a game that was released, what, over 4 years ago? 

4 hours ago, SaAlLoAg said:

Well over 100 million PS4's are out there as of December 31th, 2020

The game sold just over 10 million copies (by February 2019 at least)

Yeah, I think the other 90% of players (that didn't had it before, like me) are gonna be grateful.

Okay cool, so you're going by physical copies. How about the ones (such as myself) that mostly download games digitally? Have you accounted for them as well?  Have you checked these other "100 million+" PS4's out there to substantiate your claim? I'm going to assume that's a no? So where did you get this percentage of players from? At this point in time your statement seems to be nothing more than conjecture and an opinion biased in favor of this game.

I mean, sure, my statement is likely conjecture as well but I was merely just being overdramatic, not factual... and maybe a bit biased myself because it's a game I have no interest in. But you don't see me sitting here claiming that 90% of players AREN'T going to be grateful. 

4 hours ago, Velvet said:

Sounds like a trap! The last time someone said something like that, I ended up playing Samael 1f62d.png You won't fool me this time! 

I know, I know, how dare she mention that wretched piece of work when speaking of Horizon

It's all about personal opinion so for him to say it's one of the best of the generation is just a broad (and oftentimes) misleading statement that could end in unfavorable results for someone; such as in your case as a classic example of what I mean here. Hell, there were even times in the past when I nibbled at the bait due to a statement such as his and got burned. Don't get me wrong, he has every right to his opinion but I think he may be overgeneralizing a little bit because I've done a lot of research on this game over the years (because I would go back and forth with the idea of buying it every time I saw it on sale) and it's not as popular and liked as he makes it sound. There are a ton of people out there that actually didn't like this game. The game got mostly favorable reviews from critics and gamers alike but one of the best of the generation? Hmmm.... I don't know. 

There are definitely some aspects of the game that intrigued me but what killed it for me most of all (and to this day I still don't know why) are the enemy types. I just wasn't feeling that mechanized robot crap. But hey who knows, maybe I'll download it now since it's free and play it for a good while on a dummy account to see if it's something I can eventually get into enough to want to see it through to the platinum. 

3 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

This game has been on sale a TON of times. I know because I've followed every single sale since 2012 but here's the proof anyway: https://psprices.com/region-us/game/1838981/horizon-zero-dawn-complete-edition. Even physical copies in retail stores have put this game on sale many times before. 

3 hours ago, Kishnabe said:

10 Free Games, surely you don't own all 10.

I just looked at the list. Of the 10 games I own 5 of them. Three of which I've completed, two of which I haven't gotten around to yet and as for the rest I have no interest in that trash (all of these games go on sale ALL the time anyway). And yes, I called some of the games trash because TO ME that's what they are. I'm not sitting here pushing my opinion on to others so please, don't start something with me over this. Okay? If you or any other member wants to play ANY of these games please do so. I genuinely hope you enjoy them.

3 hours ago, JaneAusten69 said:

Not everyone has 800+ games on their profile haha

This was actually the next game I planned on getting, so I'm stoked!

Ha! Yeah, I have quite a few my friend. I've been buying and playing games all my life. Usually I like to set aside at least $50 a month strictly for games. Most often not all of it gets spent seeing how most everything on that store doesn't interest me and it's always the same shit on sale over and over again. It's not very often when we actually get something different on sale and most times the price points aren't to my liking.

Call me cheap, I guess, but the truth is, once I get the platinum or 100% I'll never play the game again (unless DLC gets released and has trophies) and I'm not well-off financially so I have to make my dollar stretch. I'm not in the position to go purchase games and consoles day-one like a few others are fortunate to be able to do so I'm a bit reserved with what I spend and what I spend it on. As for you being stoked on Horizon, dude I honestly hope you enjoy it. As previously stated I might give it a go on a dummy account and play it for a while to really see if it's something I can muster the willpower to stick with until its completion. 

To all those in general, I have spoke my peace and am willing to drop this and move on. Please do not perpetuate this apparent conflict as it does nothing but derail the O.P.'s topic further. It was never my intention to derail it. I was merely posting MY opinion... but I forgot that the day and age we live in nowadays you have to be extremely careful with everything you say because if you say the wrong thing, no matter how big or small,  people will smell blood and attack you for it instead of debating it with a mature discussion. 

LETS DROP IT AND MOVE ON.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, da_Heino said:

Everyone already moved on. Are you alright?

I'm fine, thanks. As for moving on, I said it to those that will see my latest post and feel the need to comment on it so that's what "lets move on" was in reference to.

I already have the game but I am super grateful to receive the complete edition since I don’t own the DLC

to the people who never played it, make sure to play it, it’s very nice and easy!

Edited by Atoya
  • Like 1

Just now, Atoya said:

I already have the game but I am super grateful to receive the complete edition since I don’t own the DLC

to the people who never played it, give it a try, it’s very nice and easy!

I don't know... damn. Now I'm conflicted. Again. I've read that the DLC is super annoying? True?

Just now, MrTacoNinja said:

but... you don't own the DLC? How do you know this? I'm not trying to start a fight with you, friend. I'm merely curious is all. 

Ahhh don’t worry about it, I’m not sensitive.

yeah the reason is the trophies are very easy, you just have to kill certain enemies, get the collectibles, and reach lvl 60

difficulty is 3/10, same with base game, I think the only annoying part is NEW GAME+

1 minute ago, Atoya said:

Ahhh don’t worry about it, I’m not sensitive.

yeah the reason is the trophies are very easy, you just have to kill certain enemies, get the collectibles, and reach lvl 60

difficulty is 3/10, same with base game, I think the only annoying part is NEW GAME+

Don't you have to play this game on its hardest difficulty for 100% completion or is that where the New Game+ comes into play?

It's been a while since my last "research" into this game so I'm a bit rusty, lol.