Free from April 20th to May 15th

ScavzYT

7 hours ago, SaAlLoAg said:

Well over 100 million PS4's are out there as of December 31th, 2020

The game sold just over 10 million copies (by February 2019 at least)

Yeah, I think the other 90% of players (that didn't had it before, like me) are gonna be grateful.

I thought over a million would be happy but it is far more than that. Happy to see that. ?

Horizon Zero Dawn is a hell of a game - well worth full price, and for free? An absolute must!

Anyone who hasn't played it yet should definitely check it out - the sequel is coming soon (hence the free-ness) and it looks to be shaping up to be a banger, so at this price, there's no reason not to join in on the fun ☺️

• Like 1

this is nice,,, was surprised that this wasn't part of playstation plus collection... 

sadly i got it on a recent sale, i have yet to play it so can't say anything. i put it off for a while because it didn't look like something i'd be really into but i thought that i might as well try to see if i want the sequel or not.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, baejacobs said:

this is nice,,, was surprised that this wasn't part of playstation plus collection... 

sadly i got it on a recent sale, i have yet to play it so can't say anything. i put it off for a while because it didn't look like something i'd be really into but i thought that i might as well try to see if i want the sequel or not.

Not sure how refunds work but you could try it

• Like 1

Wow I've wanted Abzu and Moss for a while now but because my backlog is as long as well, an ACTUAL log I have tried to not buy anything. it's been hard with all these sales on though.

But I mean, if you're gonna give them away for free...and some of the other VR games look great too.

It's ok Sony calling this a "Play At Home" freebie.

What I really need is a "Play At Home And Not Have to Work For A Month" system in place too ;)

• Like 3

18 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Why don't they ever give us games that aren't 100 years old that everyone and their mother has likely played already?

I don't see the game on your list... but judging by your profile and comment, it appears you preferred they give away a stack of a 2020 / 2021 Ratalaika game?

The games picked do appear to be widely different by style and genre, so it's a good haul of freebies that will appeal to the masses of players. As far as HZD goes specifically, maybe the game isn't your cup of tea, but most people will be thrilled to get an open world Action RPG Zelda-esque game where you shoot cyborg / machine / terminator type creatures with a bow and other similar weapons. Ownership numbers around the internet do point to about 10-20% range, but even if the info is old or doesn't represent a specific type of buyer (digital, etc) it's still likely well below 50%. 

The game's trophy difficulty is probably a 3 / 10, even on the highest difficulty, as NG+ lets you carry over your gear / upgrades. Maybe a 4 / 10 due to a few challenge type side quests. 

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Why don't they ever give us games that aren't 100 years old that everyone and their mother has likely played already?

Allways something to hate about. Be grateful that you are getting one of the best games of the ps4s generation for free(not even ps+ required). 

I personally own Horizen on disc, bought it on day 1. 10/10 game, just a masterpiece(Guerilla never dissapoints). Really nice of Sony doing this, happy for the ones that havent played this.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

Allways something to hate about. Be grateful that you are getting one of the best games of the ps4s generation for free(not even ps+ required). 

This is the kicker. I can understand (and have even made) the argument that PS+ titles need to be more interesting than games that are "100 years old", since I have to pay a subscription fee to access them. 

But these games are 100% free, as far as I can tell. 

In any case, I'm looking forward to them. It might get me motivated to finish (finally) the 100% in HZD. More likely, though, it will get me playing Enter the Gungeon, which I believe is one of the titles as well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JoesusHCrust said:

A fantastic selection of games and Sony are very generous to give them away. I personally thought that HZD was hugely over-hyped. Interesting concept and nice graphics but bland gameplay. 

I believe it's amazing that Sony decided to give us a ton of games including a triple A game. I haven't even seen gameplay of it other than the trailer. Keeping it as a surprise for myself. Hopefully it won't disappoint me

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScavzYT said:

I believe it's amazing that Sony decided to give us a ton of games including a triple A game. I haven't even seen gameplay of it other than the trailer. Keeping it as a surprise for myself. Hopefully it won't disappoint me

I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Most people seem to rate it. For free, it's definitely worth trying.

• Like 1

On 2021-03-17 at 11:49 PM, LoveInHell said:

You said it yourself: “likely”. They give away Ratchet and Clank, Horizon Zero Dawn (not even the base game, the entire COMPLETE EDITION), Subnautica, Abzû, which are all wonderful gaming experiences and you still manage to complain.

Right, you might have these games already but how about the literal thousands maybe over a million people who don’t. I’m just guessing but I am certain a very large group of people is happy to receive this. Think about other people as well if you can. :)

Yes, Horizon Zero Dawn is very popular but I know people who love gaming but just never got around buying it. So good for them they got it for free!

I’m glad I saw this comment because I had no idea they were giving away so many indie games on March 25th. Many of them are on my to-buy list already, and most of them look like fun, so I’m looking forward to all the free trophies. Woohoo!

• 4 weeks later...

I already own the base game. Now trying to get the complete Ed for dlc as a part of play at home. But the store page says I can’t purchase it since I already own the base game. Anyone has the same issue? Any workarounds or suggestions please

Edited by supkris

4 hours ago, supkris said:

I already own the base game. Now trying to get the complete Ed for dlc as a part of play at home. But the store page says I can’t purchase it since I already own the base game. Anyone has the same issue? Any workarounds or suggestions please

Not the ideal solution, but you could make an alternate account and get the game from there. The save files should be compatible as long as you buy the game with an account from the same region as your main's.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, lampacusarmale said:

Not the ideal solution, but you could make an alternate account and get the game from there. The save files should be compatible as long as you buy the game with an account from the same region as your main's.

Thank you. Just came to know that this doesn’t need ps plus to redeem. If that’s the case then this should work. Too bad I can’t own this under my profile. While this restriction is good to avoid duplicate purchases, it’s baffling that I can’t redeem it when it’s given for free.

It will become free on the 20th as far as I know, so look again tomorrow.

20 hours ago, TomGriff123 said:

Is the game still appearing as paid only for anyone else?

I've been looking forward to getting my hands on the game since the announcement but gone on this morning to see it's still £15.99.

Edit: it's free now. Grab it!

Edited by pinkrobot_pb