Stuck with speed runs

griedos

Hi! I am a souls veteran and I saw a friend has this plat and decided to try to go for it since I am close (80% completion rate). I am shocked with the difficulty given to this game. I rarely play driving games but for me it is easily 7-9 difficult. I did all the speed traps but some of them took me up to 5-10 tries. Now I am stuck with the speed runs and it is an awful grind of 30-50 tries for each. I am getting extremely pissed with the traffic as well. So far:

- Coca Cola truck blocking the road sideways (both lanes)

- Both lanes busy by two cars in the apex of a curve

- 3 cars next to each other just after entering a tunnel. The problem with the tunnels is that you don't see anything inside until you are a good distance in.

- Roaming racers spawning suddenly and ramming you

- Also some traffic spawns pretty close at 100-200m in front of you. This might seem enough distance but it is not when you are close to the end driving with a 399 Regera ...

- Of course the usual 10-15 cars in the next 200m during daylight. How am I supposed to drive at 350km/h in the middle of 15 cars?

So far I am only making a little progress during the nights and still is horrible. Any advice tips or should I just quit? This feels such a random grind. Most of the times is a pain and sometimes I am lucky there is little traffic and get the 3 stars.

So I got this plat about 6 months ago - I love racing games and play them a lot and while I'm not spectacular at them, I'd like to think I'm fairly competent and experienced with the hours I've spent on them over the years. Now I was actually surprised how hard I found this game. I would definitely rate it a 7/10 platinum difficulty due to some of the free roam activities and also some of the off-road races in the campaign. I think the guide I was using had it rated at a 3/10. No way in hell would I rate it as that! So don't feel bad that you're having a tough time - some of the speed runs were absolutely brutal IMO.

I can't really offer much advice other than to keep trying if you really want the plat, but if it's not that important to you then I would honestly say it isn't worth the effort and rage. I think part of it comes down to luck, but obviously you'll need good car control as well. You just need to keep trying and hope that on just one of your many, many, runs that you'll somehow make the speed required. I think you can try from the other direction as well if you're not having any luck going one way? For some of the off-road ones I think I eventually bought a Porsche that might have been recommended in one of the threads here? That eventually got those ones done for me, although it was still insanely hard and I wouldn't guarantee I'd be able to do them again if I tried.

Just keep at it if you really want the plat, if I could do it then I am sure you can too! Good luck, I feel your pain with it and I don't envy you! 

Thanks! I already have an offroad Porsche from the campaign. I heard the offroad speed runs are the hardest and I am leaving them for later. For the other speed runs should I use a race or drag car? I followed the guide in this site and used the race Regera but Powerpyx recommends the drag Regera. About the Regera, I have a 399 race Porsche 911 with much better traction and control but of course doesn't get close to Regera speed. What build would you recommend? I struggle a lot with the Regera in speed runs with many turns.

EDIT: I am doing speed runs in the mountains and this is straight impossible. After 50 or 60 attempts the amount of traffic is incredible. My hometown has mountains and smaller towns there and I used to drive there in the weekends and holidays. Usually will see a car every 2-3 minutes at most. Much less trucks. In game I am having 2 couples of cars taking both lanes, again more trucks that move slow and stop in both lanes WTF??? and even two trucks taking both lanes

Edited by griedos

I personally used the race Regera for the toughest road speed runs, however I never tried a drag build so don't know how the two compare. I only used drag cars when I had to, due to the fact they were completely unresponsive and wouldn't turn. I used a race Nissan Skyline for a lot of them as well if I recall, but went to the Regera on the ones I couldn't get with the Nissan. Maybe someone else could advise on which Regera build would be best? For me though, the race build got the job done eventually. 

As for the traffic issue, I've just remembered a little tip (again I think I may have read it on here somewhere) - if you go into the online free roam you seem to get less traffic than if you're in offline single player. You will still find more than you'd like, but it did definitely seem like there was less online though. I'd recommend trying that and see if that makes any difference. It's really frustrating I know, but you just have to hope for one perfect run... :shakefist:

Edited by A_Tennis_Giraffe

• 4 weeks later...

It might sound too easy but always start the speedrun at the highest speed possible. It doesn't matter if there is a thight corner directly after the start, always try to cross the startline with a high speed, so that you're already starting over the required speedlimit.